Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Corn on the moon posted:

Don't you fools ever get tired of being wrong? I mean drat, just in the last year you missed out on tripling your money! What a bunch of morons! Meanwhile I'm laughing my way to the fuckin bank. Hahahahaha! But I repeat myself. Anyway...

You tripled your money? Those are boomer numbers for a boomer coin. I bought a stock that 4x'd on me since November.

Face it, boomer: if you bought Nvidia or Meta or some other big tech stock since the 2022 lows, you would have made more money from the lows or the previous ATHs with less risk and more reward. Should have sold your lovely BTC in 2021 and bought something with a better return, boomer.

Edit:

quote:

"Investors are getting turned on to the fact that bitcoin can be treated as an uncorrelated asset, which makes it extremely attractive for portfolio diversification," Joel Kruger, a market strategist at digital currencies exchange LMAX Group, told CBS MoneyWatch.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bitcoin-price-stock-cryptocurrency-etf-approval/

LMAO. "Uncorrelated asset." Bitcoin trades like a pumped up NASDAQ. Goes up with the rest of the market, dumps on high inflation, pumps on the Tether and/or fiat printer. Bitcoin ATH at market ATH in 2021; bitcoin low at market low in October 2022; possible bitcoin ATH at NASDAQ ATH right now. Straight garbage!

small butter fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

small butter posted:

You tripled your money? Those are boomer numbers for a boomer coin. I bought a stock that 4x'd on me since November.

Probably not. His story changes constantly. He did a stint as a regretful investor in crypto for awhile, bemoaning the ecological damage it causes, then he just sort of 180'ed on that.

It has also been brought up that most of his stories aren't logically consistent at all and he likely either isn't invested in crypto, or has lost money on it.

Probably just trolling because we're a community that keeps listening to him. There's really no point in talking to that guy. You're just picking on a mentally ill person. He did some pedo-defending, though, so idk maybe have at it.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 5, 2024

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

At the "pump" stage it seems

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

I don't see any rational investor shorting something with a tiny float that is easily manipulated. There's no balance sheet or market forecast, no consumption and production demand metrics. Buying and shorting btc is for the gamblers.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

The other night I went to a comedy club, and no one would listen when I tried explaining that's not how airline food service actually works.

My cries of "Aren't you tired of being wrong?!?!" were drowned out by laughter.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

I love this.

Can't get a picture of it on a person, it's only seen once even the person who believed in bitcoin enough to buy a gloating shirt gave up on it. Abandoned, hanging a thrift shop, covered in cat hair.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Bitcoin: Abandoned, hanging a thrift shop, covered in cat hair.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

HelleSpud posted:

I love this.

Can't get a picture of it on a person, it's only seen once even the person who believed in bitcoin enough to buy a gloating shirt gave up on it. Abandoned, hanging a thrift shop, covered in cat hair.

it works on both levels

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

BrewingTea posted:

The other night I went to a comedy club, and no one would listen when I tried explaining that's not how airline food service actually works.

My cries of "Aren't you tired of being wrong?!?!" were drowned out by laughter.

This must have been very hard for you. Even though you were right. Tell us more so we may help you process your trauma.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

small butter posted:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bitcoin-price-stock-cryptocurrency-etf-approval/

LMAO. "Uncorrelated asset." Bitcoin trades like a pumped up NASDAQ. Goes up with the rest of the market, dumps on high inflation, pumps on the Tether and/or fiat printer. Bitcoin ATH at market ATH in 2021; bitcoin low at market low in October 2022; possible bitcoin ATH at NASDAQ ATH right now. Straight garbage!

And just as the markets took a dump today, so did bitcoin. "Uncorrelated asset."

If this 1% increase over the previous ATH is really the new ATH, that doesn't bode well for the "get rich with bitcoin" folks.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
we heard bitcoin was good now and all our objections were answered, but that was only for two minutes yesterday afternoon

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Boy everything sure has been great since bitcoin overthrew the global financial system

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
How's Bitcoin Island doing?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

LifeSunDeath posted:

How's Bitcoin Island doing?

Cannibal Island 2: Cannibal harder.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
we wrote up the number going up for a couple of minutes

tl;dr of course it's loving tether, and now FDUSD

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

divabot posted:

Great read.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

divabot posted:

Don't you mean FUDUSD?

Who needs roads
Mar 7, 2024

small butter posted:

And just as the markets took a dump today, so did bitcoin. "Uncorrelated asset."

If this 1% increase over the previous ATH is really the new ATH, that doesn't bode well for the "get rich with bitcoin" folks.
Some Youtube video

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Mar 7, 2024

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Who needs roads posted:

Some Youtube video

I think most people that are against central banks don't understand what a central bank is.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 7, 2024

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Quit quoting/responding to seraph, the interludes aren't as funny as they used to be anyway

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I sleep in a central bank with my wife.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Isn't it part of the new SOP to just blank all his posts anyway?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

MechaCrash posted:

Isn't it part of the new SOP to just blank all his posts anyway?

I went ahead and did the thing. And, yeah, not engaging with him is the best policy at this point.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

divabot posted:

That’s a pretty impressive grift. Bid up the price of bitcoin using fake dollars and then sell them to bag holders for real dollars. I guess as long as tether is useful for money laundering and there’s enough churn it’s probably reasonably sustainable

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
FDUSD claims to allow withdrawals if you can pass anti money laundering and counter terrorism financing checks, so that means they will never have to pay a dime

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

Quit quoting/responding to seraph, the interludes aren't as funny as they used to be anyway

I didn't check the name and just thought it was someone posting something cringe they found.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

It really has become its own deflationary asset: less and less lol's over time

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Lammasu posted:

I didn't check the name and just thought it was someone posting something cringe they found.

Yeah I do my best but sometimes the stupid stuff Seraph posts to hype up crypto is the exact same poo poo that other people post to demonstrate how stupid it is. :shrug:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Ariong posted:

Yeah I do my best but sometimes the stupid stuff Seraph posts to hype up crypto is the exact same poo poo that other people post to demonstrate how stupid it is. :shrug:

Really though, do these people have any substantial gripes against central banks except antisemitic dog whistles?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Lammasu posted:

Really though, do these people have any substantial gripes against central banks except antisemitic dog whistles?

Florida is banning wind power. Nothing makes sense.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Sickening posted:

Florida is banning wind power. Nothing makes sense.
Even better — they want to ban nonexistent wind power. There is none there, and no projects in planning. (Average wind speed is kind of low)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
doesnt the seasonal spikes (hurricanes) also make engineering challenges hard?

like even in a post scarcity civ that can just 3D print a new wind turb like in mins, why bother?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Lammasu posted:

Really though, do these people have antisemitic dog whistles?

This is the summary of their existence and anywhere they can apply it. The true venn diagrams of most lovely things are a giant circle of white supremacy and antisemitism.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Even better — they want to ban nonexistent wind power. There is none there, and no projects in planning. (Average wind speed is kind of low)

This is par for the course for culture warrior poo poo. Not passing legislation to solve an actual issue that you can point to and show negative impacts, passing legislation to protect from an imaginary boogyman that was dreamed up to scare old people into voting for you.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Cyrano4747 posted:

This is par for the course for culture warrior poo poo. Not passing legislation to solve an actual issue that you can point to and show negative impacts, passing legislation to protect from an imaginary boogyman that was dreamed up to scare old people into voting for you.

Fortunately like most people that aligned with Trump, Desantis has achieved Dark Lord of Ravenloft levels of ironic torment.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Lammasu posted:

I'll do you one better and ask, do you think any dumbshit cryptocultist can even explain what a central bank is or does?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I think the world would be better off without florida, personally.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Time_pants posted:

I'll do you one better and ask, do you think any dumbshit cryptocultist can even explain what a central bank is or does?

I remeber in one of their bitcoin future posts they refered to a big building that handled all of something as a decental, so I think they just don't like the word.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Cyrano4747 posted:

I want to get angry but if I could fake doing my job and get accolades for doing so I think I just might.

Making legislation about nothing would be my dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Time_pants posted:

Back when Twitter was a septic tank, as opposed to the broken septic tank it is now, I got into an argument with a guy that said the central banks were the cause of the war in Ukraine. He didn't really seem to understand what a central bank was or what they do.