Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

It’s subtle but I think that Twitter guy might be on to something

I'm the asteroids moving in a uniform pattern while the asteroid that's in focus stays still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

evilmiera posted:

I'm the asteroids moving in a uniform pattern while the asteroid that's in focus stays still.

it's spinning

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Getting some banger youtube recs right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6473NY0nQ

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Yoooo check this outtttt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkavReH4LE0

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
late night with the devil looks like it will be good

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

pangstrom posted:

Outside of like George Lucas prequels or similarly overpowered-weirdo situations I'm not sure it will ever stop being weird to me when well-funded/non-rushed movies have terrible scripts. Not lame/derivative scripts, but TERRIBLE incoherent ones. Movies involve so many spinning plates as it is, just sort that first and maybe change here or there if you have to but don't make it obviously worse or wildly different? It's almost like rival studios have infiltrated Sony or something.

so often you hear stories of, it took years to get the script made, people were trying for ages, finally they get funding for it, everyone's happy, everyone likes the scrip, then suddenly producer/actor is like oh actually nah change my mind not happy with it, lets just change a whole bunch of stuff just before filming starts, and suddenly nothing working and they're still rewriting the script as into the filming.

More often it just seems to be that production studios are incredibly inpatient and don't seem to think that going into filming with a script that's unfinished are is still a mess is that big a deal. Script who cares, we got *famous stars* and it's just like that movie *movie that recently made poo poo loads of money* it's gonna be a smash!!! It's just an unimportant detail that people will figure out, who cares. I can't imagine how much they must be wanting AI to be able to just poo poo out garbage scripts for them on demand.

Our movie made shitloads, well I'll just click the AI script button ask it for a sequel script and we can start shooting Monday!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
think I'm done with cervesa cristal tbh

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
drink some more

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Cubone posted:

:regd08:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Cubone posted:

Yeah. I could see it becoming a recurring bit when it's a surprise, but announced in advance isn't doing it.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

People will get tired of it in a week or two just relax 😌

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The Late Show literally devoted half a monologue to showing the Cerveza Cristal meme and doing their own versions of it, so yeah, it's dead

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

sorry that happened

This but Whedon-ishly

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sir Lemming posted:

The Late Show literally devoted half a monologue to showing the Cerveza Cristal meme and doing their own versions of it, so yeah, it's dead

when was the last time Colbert was funny

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1765517419240460710

Gonna assume Alec Baldwin has much better lawyers but still this doesn't bode well for him

I wouldn't say that. She's the obvious and honestly rightful scapegoat. To convict for involuntarily manslaughter a jury has to buy that a person

1. willfully disregarded the safety of others, and
2. that the death was a “foreseeable” consequence of their actions.

When you apply this metric to the armorer's actions a conviction makes sense. When your job is to make sure weapons on set are safe, putting live bullets in them is unsafe, not making sure they're removed afterwards when you know what the gun is being used for is wildly unsafe. It's very logical to expect these actions would lead to someone dying.

Baldwin's not on the hook for those actions, he's on for his. Specifically he handled the prop gun and allegedly (though this is disputed) pulled the trigger. These are actions that thousands of actors do and have done for decades without killing other people. When you have a person on set whose whole job is making guns safe, I don't think a jury will find Baldwin's actions a willful disregard. Nor do I think the charge can survive foreseeabilty.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sJcIYuHZZc

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He's still funny in scripted bits, which I wish he would do more of. Outside of that he's more just affable and not actively unfunny.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Baldwin's not on the hook for those actions, he's on for his. Specifically he handled the prop gun and allegedly (though this is disputed) pulled the trigger. These are actions that thousands of actors do and have done for decades without killing other people. When you have a person on set whose whole job is making guns safe, I don't think a jury will find Baldwin's actions a willful disregard. Nor do I think the charge can survive foreseeabilty.

Not on the hook for anything relating to him being a producer on set and being aware of the safety issues and not doing anything about it? That seems the far more negligent action.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

dr_rat posted:

Not on the hook for anything relating to him being a producer on set and being aware of the safety issues and not doing anything about it? That seems the far more negligent action.

Even if you're doing that (and not doing it for all the other producers) it fails on foreseeabilty. You pay a person to oversee weapons and ensure they are safe, you can't foresee they would suck so bad at that job. There is probably is a crew member who you could vest overall responsibility for the set, but that's the director, and he got shot.

Edit: Also note that AD Dave Halls testified that he handled the gun after the armorer loaded it and before it went to Baldwin. He testified that he should have checked it also, and didn't. He pled to negligent handling of a weapon for his part. That also goes to foreseeabilty.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 7, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/_Pundus_/status/1765711743890653325?t=Ru5I8X-_mrtz190SgZT4dA&s=19

One last hit.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqVP3MMOvP0

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's so good.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he at least isn't slimy and off-putting, unlike the other major night show hosts

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Ok well that one just had to happen. :golfclap:

edit: lol check out this guy in the replies, yeah this is the end of the meme for sure

https://twitter.com/Mac_286/status/1765728742389739757?t=7RmCbxkkXsd5fu19XqLqvw&s=19

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 7, 2024

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

The Chad Jihad posted:

People will get tired of it in a week or two just relax 😌

I think we both know that internet people will keep posting the same god drat garbage over and over again, no matter how unfunny they've become

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Dijkstracula posted:

I think we both know that internet people will keep posting the same god drat garbage over and over again, no matter how unfunny they've become

but enough about xjakk

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he was with my mother in the amazon when she was researching Cerveza Crystal before she died

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
In the future every meme will be funny for 15 seconds

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I’m ignoring the cerveza cristal memes so I can binge them all in a month.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Dijkstracula posted:

It happens twice a month in the meme thread, some hot new meme comes in and someones immediately "Am I the only one who doesn't like meme :mad:?!" just relax. Take it easy. Remember Dr. Han? This too will pass, and you can keep your dignity this time around

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the jingle's stuck in my head now!!! fuuuck :argh:

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

the quiet dignity of not criticizing memes

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Ah, what a banger.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
forget it, Jake - it's Cerveza Crystal

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mugKDQDlg

Video Game adaptation attempt #2385759990 shows some promise.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Goggins is the only promising bit they even do the cliche slowed down epic remix of a song thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Goggins is the only promising bit they even do the cliche slowed down epic remix of a song thing.

Goggins could carry the show by himself, imo if it was just Zombie Boyd Crowder wandering the desert with his dog

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Arc Hammer posted:

Goggins could carry the show by himself, imo.

People said that about Giancarlo Esposito, but Revolution was still not a very good show.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

dr_rat posted:

so often you hear stories of, it took years to get the script made, people were trying for ages, finally they get funding for it, everyone's happy, everyone likes the scrip, then suddenly producer/actor is like oh actually nah change my mind not happy with it, lets just change a whole bunch of stuff just before filming starts, and suddenly nothing working and they're still rewriting the script as into the filming.

More often it just seems to be that production studios are incredibly inpatient and don't seem to think that going into filming with a script that's unfinished are is still a mess is that big a deal. Script who cares, we got *famous stars* and it's just like that movie *movie that recently made poo poo loads of money* it's gonna be a smash!!! It's just an unimportant detail that people will figure out, who cares. I can't imagine how much they must be wanting AI to be able to just poo poo out garbage scripts for them on demand.

Our movie made shitloads, well I'll just click the AI script button ask it for a sequel script and we can start shooting Monday!
yeah that's my sense most of the time for the big budget things, like the script (or even the basic concept) is still a gooey mess when the potter's wheel spins up and it's hard to change things on the fly without making the whole thing even worse. The "execs ruined things" is probably found a bit in poor downstream decisions... that's what original writers and actors who signed on will focus on in their post mortems, and those stories are going to be the most fun. But mostly it seems like a shockingly dumb failure in a very basic and boring organizational process.

edit: the moon lander being on its side because they skipped the preflight checklist seems like the same kind of degradation

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

We didn't see super mutants in there (unless I missed something) so I kinda think Ben Linus is going to be the Master.