Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Upload renewed for fourth and final season. I thought it was done, good for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Open Source Idiom posted:

Awesome! It deserves it. Seems to get basically no attention but I really like it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

IRQ posted:

Was there some licensed music or something in the game?

No, I don't think so.

They are apparently doing it with all their games. It's basically they can't be bothered at all.

From a few minutes ago in the comment section.

quote:

I'm one of the creators and developers of Fist Puncher which was also published by Adult Swim on Steam. We received the same notice from Warner Bros. that Fist Puncher would be retired. When we requested that Warner Bros simply transfer the game over to our studio's Steam publisher account so that the game could stay active, they said no. The transfer process literally takes a minute to initiate (look up "Transferring Applications" in the Steamworks documentation), but their rep claimed they have simply made the universal decision not to transfer the games to the original creators.

This is incredibly disappointing. It makes me sad to think that purchased games will presumably be removed from users' libraries. Our community and our players have 10+ years of discussions, screenshots, gameplay footage, leaderboards, player progress, unlocked characters, Steam achievements, Steam cards, etc. which will all be lost. We have Kickstarter backers who helped fund Fist Puncher (even some who have cameo appearances in the game) who will eventually no longer be able to play it. We could just rerelease Fist Puncher from our account, but we would likely receive significant backlash for relaunching a game and forcing users to "double dip" and purchase the game again (unless we just made it free).

Again, this is really just disappointing. It seems like more and more the videogame industry is filled with people that don't like and don't care about videogames. All that to say, buy physical games, make back-ups, help preserve our awesome industry and art form.

It really just boils down to "we published it and now we don't want anyone else to have it."

It honestly seems like too that the developers retain rights to the games evident by the free release of the one in the article and the language here talking about them re-releasing it in their own account. But it seems like without SOME help on the WB side, they can't determine who owns the game so they either have to make everyone double dip or give it away for free.

I'm curious to see if my copy of "Headlander" disappears. It was also published by Adult Swim Games but was made by Double Fine which is a slightly larger studio (and owned by Microsoft now.)

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 7, 2024

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Great, that would have been one hell of a cliff hanger to end on.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

gently caress yes. Upload is my jam.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

bull3964 posted:

No, I don't think so.

They are apparently doing it with all their games. It's basically they can't be bothered at all.

It really just boils down to "we published it and now we don't want anyone else to have it."

It honestly seems like too that the developers retain rights to the games evident by the free release of the one in the article and the language here talking about them re-releasing it in their own account. But it seems like without SOME help on the WB side, they can't determine who owns the game so they either have to make everyone double dip or give it away for free.

I'm curious to see if my copy of "Headlander" disappears. It was also published by Adult Swim Games but was made by Double Fine which is a slightly larger studio (and owned by Microsoft now.)

I think they are wrong about users losing the games. While the store page will not exist, you can still download removed games and access the discussion pages. Unless this is something different from when games normally stop being sold. You can buy keys for games that are no longer sold and redeem them on steam to add them to your library.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1765530107802767779
Trailer for the live action Korean adaptation of the manga series Parasyte. Although this looks like it is more of a story set in the same universe than a direct adaptation.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Hooray, hopefully we will have less real world scenes this time.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

HATEPOSTING posted:

Done with childrens hospital, medical police, burning love, newsreaders and ntsf sd suv. what do I watch now?

Extraordinary, the second season is up on Hulu.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

HATEPOSTING posted:

Done with childrens hospital, medical police, burning love, newsreaders and ntsf sd suv. what do I watch now?

If you're looking for a show specifically in line with the ones you've mentioned then you want Eagleheart and maybe Strangers With Candy.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1765129531650654515?t=RQFZ_8aYWktyqi9crh5j0Q&s=19

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I've only seen a few clips of the show and was surprised the tone is completely different from the Big Bang Theory. There's no laughtrack and I guess it feels more wholesome?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ninurta posted:

Extraordinary, the second season is up on Hulu.
I really love this show. It's also got an incredible soundtrack.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m just about done with the Paramount + series Fatal Attraction which is the remake of the movie and I have to say it’s actually really drat good. I love the movie and I was expecting to absolutely hate the show but I just can’t hate it. It’s actually really good.

Lots of call backs to the movie as well.

I definitely recommend it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/1765429872153756020?s=46&t=DvvqeOcggle6VW8Wu5D9WA

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

If you're looking for a show specifically in line with the ones you've mentioned then you want Eagleheart and maybe Strangers With Candy.

Or maybe At Home, that show had some pretty great moments!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Amazon gets my money one last time then.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I’ve been watching Foundation, so now I’m picturing a genetic dynasty of Young, Middle-Aged, and Elderly Sheldons all ruling CBS programming for millennia.

:suicide:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’ve been watching Foundation, so now I’m picturing a genetic dynasty of Young, Middle-Aged, and Elderly Sheldons all ruling CBS programming for millennia.

:suicide:

With Kaley Cuoco as Lady Demerzel.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I'm currently rewatching The Wire to introduce it to my girlfriend, nearing the end of season 1 and it is still as incredible as it was the first time I watched it. It's so dense, thoughtful, complicated, realistic. Every scene has effort put into it from the writing, acting, direction. I'm so exited to watch the rest of it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mugKDQDlg

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I mean yeah, that sure looks like modern Fallout.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
They've got the vibe nailed, I just hope the actual show is good.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

bull3964 posted:

No, I don't think so.

I mentioned this elsewhere, I forget where, but this is shaping up to be a really bad year for video games. Last year was a rather good year, and there are no major releases planned for this year, so in order to make it seem like a better year on paper companies have been cutting costs. Both Sony and EA had major layoffs last week. Of course WBD's way of doing this is hiding poo poo. It's what they do.

It's gonna get rough.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think it's pretty clear by now that Zaslav is stripping WB for parts in order to sell it off to some PE vulture firm that will make us pine for the halcyon days of Zaslav.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Never having watched any iteration of this, does the photo mean that this is going to be Even Younger Sheldon or is the couple Dad Sheldon and Sheldon Jr.?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Sirotan posted:

Never having watched any iteration of this, does the photo mean that this is going to be Even Younger Sheldon or is the couple Dad Sheldon and Sheldon Jr.?

It's literally another prequel about his mum and dad being even younger than they were at the start of Young Sheldon, though inexplicable somehow MUCH younger than they should be.

This is the same mum and dad who are destined to have a horrible divorce that scars Sheldon for years to come.

EDIT: It's apparently about his older brother actually, my bad.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 7, 2024

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Nothing really to say except: that's one loving fright wig on Dale Dixkey's head.

Oh, and "from the director of Westworld" and not "from the creator of Westworld" is an interesting choice.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

I really hope the BOS aren’t made out to be heroes.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nucleic Acids posted:

I really hope the BOS aren’t made out to be heroes.

I mean, the guy describing his motivation for joining the BoS as "I want to hurt the people who hurt me" kind of strongly hints against that.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

I mean, the guy describing his motivation for joining the BoS as "I want to hurt the people who hurt me" kind of strongly hints against that.

That’s what I’m hoping for.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Goggins, Kyle MacLachlan, Michael Emerson. At the very least its gonna be fun to watch them.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Halo continues to be good

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

You'd kind of hope that any TV-writer of today would be competent enough to pick up on the reactionary tech-fascism vibes.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

thrawn527 posted:

I mentioned this elsewhere, I forget where, but this is shaping up to be a really bad year for video games. Last year was a rather good year, and there are no major releases planned for this year, so in order to make it seem like a better year on paper companies have been cutting costs. Both Sony and EA had major layoffs last week. Of course WBD's way of doing this is hiding poo poo. It's what they do.

It's gonna get rough.

Just in case anyone thinks there might be some kind of flimsy justification for all this, EA did something like over a billion dollars in stock buybacks last year. It's just pure greed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

Just in case anyone thinks there might be some kind of flimsy justification for all this, EA did something like over a billion dollars in stock buybacks last year. It's just pure greed.

There's a reason stock buybacks were illegal for almost 100 years.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
Watching The Gentleman, goddamn Theo James is a peice of rear end in that uniform.

Stegosnaurlax fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 8, 2024

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Somehow in the discussion of the Fallout trailer nobody felt the need to mention that Mr Handy is voiced by one Matt Berry.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

gently caress, Akira Toriyama has died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

muscles like this! posted:

Somehow in the discussion of the Fallout trailer nobody felt the need to mention that Mr Handy is voiced by one Matt Berry.

I looked on IMDB and I didn't see his name, so I was unsure whether it was him. I was going to watch the show anyway, but Matt Berry and Michael Emerson certainly helped.