Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The 'negativity' towards Revolution, from my memory of listening to the podcast this morning, I did not go back to check:

1. Meltzer was dubious when Alvarez said it was "the greatest PPV AEW has ever done" (he thought some of the earlier ones were better, would have to think about it, agreed it was very good, better than Revolution 2023 which was their best show of 2023 in the Observer Awards and what he also thought was their best show with potentially their best match ever).

2. Thought that seven or eight of the matches were very good/great. Thought Ospreay/Takeshita might be the best match of the year so far. Felt that a few matches had rough spots/did not get the crowd engaged.

3. Did not like Ric Flair trying to do anything physical, thought it looked bad/sad and that Flair shouldn't be doing that in 2024.

4. Thought Jay White's pre-show promo was aimless and that the "Max Caster forgets how to rap" story beat is not very good.

5. Questioned the safety of a few bumps/spots in matches he said were either fantastic or match of the year.

6. Wishes Sting had not gotten cut-off mid farewell promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Meltzer splits hairs and the web gets upset over said hair, a tale as old as time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m listening to it this second and he’s very positive on the show. Some dudes here just wanna post crap. Sad really.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he enjoyed it, meltzer always gets a tummyache over anything resembling a death match but will begrudge it as good if it is. start to end he probably feels all out '21 and revolution '20 were stronger shows and if thats how he feels thats how he feels. he was also never the biggest sting fan which should prolly be taken into account.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Edge & Christian posted:

4. Thought Jay White's pre-show promo was aimless and that the "Max Caster forgets how to rap" story beat is not very good.

Who was the wrestler they did a “this wrestler has the yips/twisties/is in their own head about choking” angle with in the past? I think I remember Christopher Daniels had something like it for a bit, but I know it has come up before

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Who was the wrestler they did a “this wrestler has the yips/twisties/is in their own head about choking” angle with in the past? I think I remember Christopher Daniels had something like it for a bit, but I know it has come up before

i think thats what Jack Evans was trying to do in AEW but he forgot to tell anyone lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rotinaj posted:

AJ Styles did the thing with the lucha ropes

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave is right, the not rapping gimmick is bad as I like it when they rap, op.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Is the angle that Max thinks Jay is hot and that's why he's messing the raps?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Max just got nervous in the presence of a much better rapper (Austin Gunn)

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Dave speaks words of praise but his tone drips with a thick, malevolent disgust.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
The money Tony Khan pays him makes it hard to say anything negative. It's a shame really

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
people here would be wise to listen to vow, much more unequivocal praise for aew there

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

more anti-revolution criticism from Dave today on WOR, where he calls it one of the best ppvs ever

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

“deep state” dave meltzer broadcasts me secret wrestling hot takes

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That was one of the funniest B&V Facebook questions/contests segments in a long time.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Representatives of the two biggest thread favorite pods hold a conference

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
maybe Dave will finally loving mention them now lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

look at what game is on their lanyard badges

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

coke don't acknowledge pepsi

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Alaois posted:

look at what game is on their lanyard badges

Yeah its from before Deadlock was a thing but was recently unearthed. Its a funny picture imo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol Big Dave going to the video game press events shouldn’t really be a surprise but somehow seems weird

Wanna see a video game review in the observer

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
look at Dave's jeans

Somebody run a bunch of Patreon Shouts-Out names through the Dave Meltzer AI voice.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dave is a fashion enigma. Legitimately has some cool clothes, but then has makes these bizarre hyper-specific choices like the goofy jeans.

Dave would make decent money selling a PLE of him being live-streamed going shopping and describing his thought process as he picks out clothes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dave rambling about Don Muraco as he shuffles a stack of folded shirts

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dave is a drip king

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Dripped out of his loving gourd

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

how much do you think i would have to pay to aquire the life sized giant baba?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

History Comes Inside! posted:

lol Big Dave going to the video game press events shouldn’t really be a surprise but somehow seems weird

Wanna see a video game review in the observer

The was one where he and Danielson were talking about g1 infront of a very agitated WWE Press person trying to get them to stop.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ahaha, that's right, and Danielson couldn't shut up about how Shinsuke Nakamura (working for New Japan at the time) was the best pro-wrestler in the world :)

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Dave typing his Revolution report, giving the main event two stars, checking the scores for it on cagematch, and sighing loudly as he adds three more.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

projecthalaxy posted:

Representatives of the two biggest thread favorite pods hold a conference

OHHHH MYYY

CAN IT BEEEEE

IT IS!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

The guy who never says anything & the guy who never shuts up, the dream team.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lmfao Dave.

Bryan, talking about Rodimer's victim: "... he died of blunt force trauma to the head"

"He stole LA Knight's move?"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao no way

https://twitter.com/PrayForPatrick/status/1765713833316712740

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol

Adbot