Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Dabir posted:

And that's ANOTHER reuse of the Skids design, what is that, 8 now? They're getting their money's worth.

This would be character #6, which puts him ahead of Arcee for the most reused Legacy mold. And considering that the mold's been retooled again, Cybertron Red Alert seems likely somewhere down the line as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Oooh Ferak looks good, is that the big Cyclonus figure for a few years back?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean it makes sense they'd use Crankcase. He has the deployable shoulder guns.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
This version of Lockdown is gonna get real sick of hearing "I thought you'd be taller"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Thew’s having a baby! Well, his partner is, but he definitely helped. :toot:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Using Scraphook to make ROTF Lockdown is such a bummer. Was really hoping for an Animated Lockdown off of Chase with some tooling changes to give him long legs and arms.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Missing Link arrived this morning and I am a child again

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

The_Doctor posted:

Thew seems like the cool dad who would let his offspring play with his Transformers even if they're prized collectibles. My oldest son absolutely loves playing around with 2007 movie/RotF, Cybertron and Armada stuff as well as Alternators Nemesis Prime and Universe Chevy Swerve.

He's not getting Car Robots Black Convoy though.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

The_Doctor posted:

Ahh, that's delightful, good for them :unsmith:

Here's to baby Skywarp

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The_Doctor posted:

Did he announce this or is this a rumor I shouldn't spread?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DoctorWhat posted:

Did he announce this or is this a rumor I shouldn't spread?

He announced it on his personal FB, which means he’s probably ok with the news being out there.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hate my brain, because this is the kind of thing it comes up with:

"Today, on a very special episode of 'Dammit, Open'"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Missing Link arrived this morning and I am a child again

Isn't he great? Already thinking Figure of the Year is wrapped up, I LOVE HIM

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Phy posted:

:laffo:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Smoke posted:

Thew seems like the cool dad who would let his offspring play with his Transformers even if they're prized collectibles. My oldest son absolutely loves playing around with 2007 movie/RotF, Cybertron and Armada stuff as well as Alternators Nemesis Prime and Universe Chevy Swerve.

My daughter is obsessed with my Ocular Max Ravage and putting him in the cage and telling him to be nice. She calls micromasters "baby Transformers" and they are in her toy rotation with Barbie et al.

Phy posted:

:hmmyes:

Very happy for Thew and his lady.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

My daughter is obsessed with my Ocular Max Ravage and putting him in the cage and telling him to be nice. She calls micromasters "baby Transformers" and they are in her toy rotation with Barbie et al.

:hmmyes:

Very happy for Thew and his lady.

My kids have all my alternators, Armada and Cybertron stuff from when I briefly got back into stuff at that time, they're allowed to play with my current collection as long as they're careful with it. They avoid the lone Fanshobby one I have as he's finicky and not expecially fun

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Going to toss this here as well:

Hasbro has applied for a new Transformers-related trademark at the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO).

The trademark also connects the recent Void Rivals comic book series by Skybound/Image.

Trademark Name: Void Rivals
USPTO Trademark ID: 98407087
Trademark Owner: Hasbro, Inc.
Trademark Description: Toy action figures, toy vehicles, and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms; board games; equipment sold as a unit for playing board games; dice games; playing cards and card games; equipment sold as a unit for playing card games; parlor games; tabletop games; children’s multiple activity toys sold as a unit with printed books; jigsaw puzzles and manipulative puzzles

We currently do not know if this registration would yield a new toyline. But if the past is any indication, it is highly likely that we will see figures based on Skybound’s successful venture.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/02/20/hasbro-applies-for-void-rivals-transformers-toy-trademark-504570

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Smoke posted:

Our nephew is in his dinosaur phase and every single transformers dinosaur I own got pulled down from the shelves and into a dinosaur pile for the entirety of Christmas Eve.

Then he opened his Christmas presents which turned out to be about 10 Jurassic park toys I bought that day (was at target getting wrapping paper and last minute gifts and they had all JP toys on sale for like 2 bucks a pop so I swiped half a shelf worth into my cart) and the dinosaur pile slowly crawled up to the height of my calf.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so I wonder if you all could help me with something. I kinda wanna give all the kid appeal characters' versions in my universe an "elemental" theme and I'm stuck on one for Cheetor. It's a thing about having matrix affinity.

Here's what I've come up with:

Bumblebee - air
Hot Rod - fire
Hot Shot - electricity
Break - water
Wedge - earth
Cheetor - ???

Someone suggested Cheetor as "heart"/the spark itself, but it feels weird making a beast the more spiritual character. On the other hand, it has precedent from Beast Machines and Cyberverse. What do y'all think?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Why not have Cheetor be air? He's as fast as the wind, and then later on he actually flew.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

because then I have nothing for Bumblebee except her traditional electrical powers, and then I have nothing for Hot Shot

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

In many elemental systems, metal is an element. Why not have one of them be metal?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

hrm. not sure there. Hot Shot isn't a name that doesn't really lend towards metal, and I can't see it fitting Bee, Cheetor, Hot Rod, Wedge (well maybe have it be under his purview as the earth guy), or Break. Like...Hot Shot has to be shooting something and bullets aren't really a thing I want TF weapons to be firing. I'd rather focus on giving them special abilities and gimmicks and lasers and explosives.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

so I wonder if you all could help me with something. I kinda wanna give all the kid appeal characters' versions in my universe an "elemental" theme and I'm stuck on one for Cheetor. It's a thing about having matrix affinity.

Here's what I've come up with:

Bumblebee - air
Hot Rod - fire
Hot Shot - electricity
Break - water
Wedge - earth
Cheetor - ???

Someone suggested Cheetor as "heart"/the spark itself, but it feels weird making a beast the more spiritual character. On the other hand, it has precedent from Beast Machines and Cyberverse. What do y'all think?

Maybe go with something like Time

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm. Hrm. That's Elita's and Velocitron's deal (Velocitron has temporal storms and is Vector Prime's colony), so I'm not sure that works.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You know what? I'm being silly. Break means Cheetor isn't the only beast. I don't have to worry about that sort of thing singling out the "animal" character

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Clearly he channels the speed force.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The speed force!

I have to agree, that is pure Cheetos.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hasbro is really fuckin up their announcements lately. Who’s in charge over there?

https://twitter.com/tfw2005/status/1766461468202217496?s=46

Silverbolt and Sandstorm were just in stock and ready to go at a Canadian shop and they’re not even officially solicited yet.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I found out Slugfest's preliminary name was Crunchback. I wanna turn this into a character. My ideas so far are:

* - An Autobot counterpart who works for Blaster, with the colors of Dinobots sub-line Slapper (the red ankylosaur)
* - A Cobalt sentries member

I'm tempted to go with the 2nd one, but at the same time, I am kind of blanking on what use the Decepticon secret police would have for a stegosaurus. I've already given them Playback (a Rewind redeco, a former actor and now a infiltrator/saboteur) and Wingcode (a Ratbat redeco and a cyberwarefare expert). Not really sure what Slugfest's robot mode really lends towards.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also, speaking of Ratbat and recolors, here's my verse's version of him, by Decepticonaiden on Twitter!

That's not all! Here's his fellow chiropticons:

They are, in order, Wingthing, Psychobat, Nightstrike, Nightscream (the only Autobot), Hades, and Wingcode.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Joe Fisto posted:

Hasbro is really fuckin up their announcements lately. Who’s in charge over there?

https://twitter.com/tfw2005/status/1766461468202217496?s=46

Silverbolt and Sandstorm were just in stock and ready to go at a Canadian shop and they’re not even officially solicited yet.

I think I need this one. I don't collect many of the toys but this would be logical.

Am still pissed Senator Shockwave doesn't have a more flashy color scheme. He got in trouble for that, damnit! Look at me in purple today and turquoise tomorrow!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nodosaur posted:

I found out Slugfest's preliminary name was Crunchback. I wanna turn this into a character. My ideas so far are:

* - An Autobot counterpart who works for Blaster, with the colors of Dinobots sub-line Slapper (the red ankylosaur)
* - A Cobalt sentries member

I'm tempted to go with the 2nd one, but at the same time, I am kind of blanking on what use the Decepticon secret police would have for a stegosaurus. I've already given them Playback (a Rewind redeco, a former actor and now a infiltrator/saboteur) and Wingcode (a Ratbat redeco and a cyberwarefare expert). Not really sure what Slugfest's robot mode really lends towards.

Listen to yourself, you sound like a Functionist.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Joe Fisto posted:

hasbro purged a bunch of people from every department regardless of success, it would not surprise me if they purged the person responsible for announcing things regularly.

For example, despite WOTC being one of the few fully profitable departments last year, they fired the person in charge of preview events, where a bunch of big name streamers get access to the set on MTG Arena early to show it off to the public, which is a huge amount of free advertising. The people in charge are clowns

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Listen to yourself, you sound like a Functionist.

Functionism isn't real, and your reply is extremely unhelpful

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

hasbro purged a bunch of people from every department regardless of success, it would not surprise me if they purged the person responsible for announcing things regularly.

They didn't, considering Bmac, Evan, and Mark are still doing fanstreams/working at Hasbro.

They just wanted to put all the big reveals in March for the 40th anniversary event.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nodosaur posted:

Functionism isn't real, and your reply is extremely unhelpful

Transformers aren't real either.

Sorry my joke about stegosaur racism didn't land, opportunities for those are extremely rare and I do have a bucket list.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Transformers aren't real either.

Sorry my joke about stegosaur racism didn't land, opportunities for those are extremely rare and I do have a bucket list.

I’m just legitimately trying to come up with something here, and the character’s abilities and themes are important to a group like this. It’s easy to imagine a bird of prey as a cruel interrogator like Garboil, or Howlback as a stealthy assassin. A stegosaurus is like a blunt instrument, plodding and wielding a weapon at its tail, which seems kinda at odds with a covert group. :|a

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Captain Invictus posted:

For example, despite WOTC being one of the few fully profitable departments last year, they fired the person in charge of preview events, where a bunch of big name streamers get access to the set on MTG Arena early to show it off to the public, which is a huge amount of free advertising. The people in charge are clowns

Some day a corporation will make a good decision, but that day’s not today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Nodosaur posted:

I’m just legitimately trying to come up with something here, and the character’s abilities and themes are important to a group like this. It’s easy to imagine a bird of prey as a cruel interrogator like Garboil, or Howlback as a stealthy assassin. A stegosaurus is like a blunt instrument, plodding and wielding a weapon at its tail, which seems kinda at odds with a covert group. :|a

He's the bait. He's the guy who stumbles into view of the camera or the guards while the rest of the team gets into position.

And then when he gets the cue that they are ready, he unleashes the hellfire.