Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
It reminds me too much of that horrible jar video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Eagerly awaiting the no doubt massive influx of lawsuits Tony's about to get from everyone being maimed by glass that will surely come any day now.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I have never watched a cultaholic video and felt I had spent my time wisely

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

Next week, AEW Presents Glass Up Your rear end, where Darby Allin will take on the rear end Boys in a handicap glass tables match. Plus, Tony Khan has a major announcement about the upcoming AEW Clog Out pay per view. You do not want to miss this show!

I'll be watching my favorite show, "Over Here" instead

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's very obvious Cultaholic figured out that the AEW Derangement Grift is real because every single video they do about AEW has to have the most clickbaity title and always a picture of Tony Khan looking shocked or confused, even if the actual content of the video isn't even really negative at all.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Benne posted:

The Brits are insanely fedpilled in a way that most American fans can only dream of. There's a reason why every indie promoter was so happy to let NXT walk all over them.

they still have a royal family. hopeless….

glad we left to start a better country

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

MRT sometimes I wonder if your constant baiting and seeking out the trolls is healthy but then you get a really funny response so perhaps all is well

I wish there was room to include AEW Nothing or Double. What did he think he was cooking

It's what I do at work so like everything related to the work week it probably is not healthy.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

It's very obvious Cultaholic figured out that the AEW Derangement Grift is real because every single video they do about AEW has to have the most clickbaity title and always a picture of Tony Khan looking shocked or confused, even if the actual content of the video isn't even really negative at all.

And don’t forget the most minuscule news stories being blown up to sound way worse, like “former AEW Champion decides to never return!” And it’s like, Frankie Kazarian saying he is happy in Impact or something.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they still have a royal family

:bahgawd:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

the upcoming AEW Clog Out pay per view!

What's Malakai Black up to these days?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

rotinaj posted:

I have never watched a cultaholic video and felt I had spent my time wisely

For the record they were actually quite complimentary of the entire show, said they're excited for the direction AEW is going, and pointed out numerous things they liked about a few different segments. There's no negativity in this video at all.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

zimbomonkey posted:

For the record they were actually quite complimentary of the entire show, said they're excited for the direction AEW is going, and pointed out numerous things they liked about a few different segments. There's no negativity in this video at all.

That may be extremely true, but I have never sat back after watching seven minutes of those dudes and said “I feel like I learned valuable lessons and knowledge”

That’s all

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ideally you should avoid all media that is just a couple dudes talking about a different piece of media.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gumball Gumption posted:

Ideally you should avoid all media that is just a couple dudes talking about a different piece of media.

:hmmyes:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

tony kahn called sting the greatest wrestler of all time but what about ric flair, ricky steamboat, stone cold steve austin and the rock? smh...

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lol mr Tito from the old lordsofpain.net site has the brainworms

https://nodq.com/opinions/mr-tito-instantly-on-aew-dynamite-last-night-3-6-24-the-young-bucks-have-buried-kazuchika-okada/

quote:

I should have known… In my last column, I actually praised the Young Bucks for putting over Sting at the AEW Revolution 2024 Pay Per View. I thought maybe this was a “humbling moment” for the pair, who aren’t very good at making others look good despite it being in their best interests as Executive Vice Presidents (EVP) of All Elite Wrestling (AEW). But then just 3 days later, they proved my past criticisms of them to be correct.

On AEW Dynamite 3/6/24, the Young Bucks have instantly buried Kazuchika Okada.

BURIED.

Instead of bringing this free agent in and pushing him as a major babyface sensation to wrestling fans who haven’t seen much of him before, Okada has turned heel and become a flunky of the Young Bucks. That’s right, your NEW free agent takes marching orders from two 5’10” guys who are under 180 pounds each. This major superstar who just signed a lucrative financial deal with AEW and who has won many “Match of the Year” and “Wrestler of the Year” awards by multiple publications (besides Meltzer) is now following a tag team who have performed more harm to AEW than good.

It’s equally, if not moreso, stupid to when WWE brought in Brock Lesnar during 2012 and made him become the muscle of John Laurinaitis.

Completely idiotic for Okada to carry the bags of the Young Bucks who have done nothing but poison the wells of AEW:

(1) Signed a significant portion of wrestlers to AEW to deals and most haven’t panned out.

(2) Tag Team division is a mess, always has been.

(3) Buried FTR instantly upon them joining AEW.

(4) Constantly leaking info to dirt sheets.

(5) Ruined CM Punk’s tenure with AEW over baseless lies about Colt Cabana’s status with the company.

So Tony, you want to place your million dollar free agent that you likely overpaid to keep him away from WWE (and they were definitely interested) with a pair of guys who have created a toxic work environment for your company?

Oh wait, Tony, YOU were the one who re-signed both Young Bucks as wrestlers and EVPs during 2023. My bad, and you retained the services of Kenny Omega as EVP, too, the absolute ruiner of the women’s division for AEW. And you re-signed Adam “Hangman” Page to a contract, the same guy who was the vessel for sabotaging CM Punk in AEW. YOU, Tony, are signing all of their checks and enabling them all.

What should have happened is that the Young Bucks should have been completely wrecked by Okada last night to send the live attendees home happy and to end the show on a positive note. Okada’s in-ring talent should have been on display, too, and hitting his biggest offensive moves on both Nick and Matt Jackson who should have been begging for mercy as heels. Okada coming to Kingston’s aid could set-up a tag match next week on Dynamite between Kingston/Okada vs. the Young Bucks to REALLY showcase Okada’s in-ring abilities. It would be like in 1989 when NWA/WCW re-introduced Ricky “the Dragon” Steamboat who came to the aid of “Hot Stuff” Eddie Gilbert who was feuding with Ric Flair and Barry Windham.

But no, as wrestling fans, we can’t have good things happen in AEW… Everything is to placate the egos of the Young Bucks whom Tony Khan overvalues as draws and leadership components in his wrestling company. While CM Punk’s reaction was harsh, it’s a FACT that he didn’t just act-up randomly. When your EVPs are willingly leaking sensitive company info and absolute lies to wrestling insiders, that is nothing but trouble. When your EVPs tell their stooge to go unscripted on live television, that leads up to more trouble. When you as EVPs REFUSE to meet with CM Punk to possibly mend fences, that leads to even more trouble.

And now, your prized free agent has to work willingly with the Bucks.

Yes, I know that the Bucks have a past working relationship with Okada, but that was years ago. The politicians that both Nick and Matt have become is MUCH DIFFERENT than whom Okada worked with years ago. It’s one thing if they are your fellow members of the locker room, but it’s another when they have managerial and creative input. While the Bucks know Okada, there’s probably still an issue over what Tony Khan has agreed to pay Okada versus what he’s paying the Bucks. I believe that the payment to Punk, along with Punk having some direct input, infuriated the Bucks into sabotaging their own shows and a talent.

So here we are, AEW… We’re 1 for 2, thus far, on your big recent free agent signings. Will Ospreay is gonna be Will Ospreay no matter what situation you put him in… So far, so good as he had a great match in his debut at AEW Revolution that seems to be well received, mostly, online. However, Okada is immediately made into a Young Bucks flunky and stooge from day 1… We barely had a moment to see him and he’s turning heel, joining the Young Bucks to begin carrying their bags like a complete stooge. Any curiosity of him as a talent or for his debut are GONE from wrestling fans.

What will happen with Mercedes Moné (formerly Sasha Banks in WWE)? Because I think she’s a bit more complicated to fit in and to win over fans. After all, she’s walked out of the WWE twice over creative issues along with having a lukewarm New Japan run. She honestly works best as a heel, but many fans like her too and she’s a major upgrade over most of Kenny’s women’s wrestler signings.

To me, Ospreay and Okada were the easiest to implement… Just let Ospreay wrestle, as in-ring is his specialty. Okada is much more, as actually larger than most of the AEW roster and on a different planet athletically. Unlike Ospreay, WWE had serious conversations with Okada and I would put money on Okada later joining WWE than I would Ospreay. Yet, AEW went 1 for 2 implementing these big free agent signings by having Okada become a flunky of the Young Bucks.

What a disaster…

Can this promotion get free agents right? Beyond 2019, we’ve seen the AEW meat grinder take care of many free agents who have joined the AEW roster. Aside from the undefeated Sting, look at the Hardy Boys. FTR loses upon immediately joining AEW and were misuded for the year after that. How is Paige doing? How is Miro? How is literally any ex-WWE doing who were signed from 2020 and beyond? I guess Samoa Joe is doing OK, but he’s champion presiding over a company obtaining 850,000 viewers on a Cable/Satellite channel available to 70 million homes.

Okada is the Young Bucks’s flunky… 5 time IWGP Heavyweight Champion for New Japan and a man who has collected some of the best matches we’ve seen during the past 10 years.

Instantly, Okada has become “just another guy” in AEW.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

read that okada post for a while and i got bored and scrolled down and wow that guy has too much to say about a guy who has been in the org for like 3 minutes of TV time and likely has agency in how his full-time american debut would go

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

tony kahn called sting the greatest wrestler of all time but what about ric flair, ricky steamboat, stone cold steve austin and the rock? smh...

*Eddie Kingston voice* It’s Terry Funk, you gently caress!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Got as far as “Young Bucks’ flunkie” and immediately stopped. It’s pretty obvious that the Bucks will be the leaders of the Elite the same way Anderson was technically Bullet Club leader rather than AJ. Okada is replacing Kenny Omega as the centerpiece of the faction. Not exactly a flunkie.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Okada will be their manager. Sad but true.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

stings better than all of them

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I aint reading all that poo poo

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m always a fan of the idea that the bucks don’t make anyone else look good, when them making everyone they work with look good is literally the thing that makes them the best of all time.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I love how much the commentators just ignore that Okada debuted as a heel in NJPW and went on extended heel runs multiple times in that company to refresh his character

Okada as a jerk and heel? OH NO!

This is the choice quote. Peak just making poo poo up!

quote:

Yes, I know that the Bucks have a past working relationship with Okada, but that was years ago. The politicians that both Nick and Matt have become is MUCH DIFFERENT than whom Okada worked with years ago. It’s one thing if they are your fellow members of the locker room, but it’s another when they have managerial and creative input. While the Bucks know Okada, there’s probably still an issue over what Tony Khan has agreed to pay Okada versus what he’s paying the Bucks. I believe that the payment to Punk, along with Punk having some direct input, infuriated the Bucks into sabotaging their own shows and a talent.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 7, 2024

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

look at the Hardy Boys

Derailed because Jeff is a dumbass, plus they're both old and broken down (especially Jeff).

quote:

FTR loses upon immediately joining AEW and were misuded for the year after that

Won the tag titles pretty early on in their run (within six months of first appearing) and are currently one of the best teams in the world being featured pretty much every week.

quote:

How is Paige doing?

Won the women's title in front of her family and a very large crowd in her home country.

quote:

How is Miro?

Refuses to lose, can't do much with him if that is the case.

quote:

How is literally any ex-WWE doing who were signed from 2020 and beyond?

Just off the top of my head:

Swerve: The next top guy
Danielson: Currently going through his dream match list before he retires
Cole: Had one of the best debuts, main evented the biggest show AEW have done, currently injured
Copeland: Having matches with younger guys plus people like Minoru Suzuki, will be TNT champion again soon
Christian: TNT champion, has one of the best characters in wrestling right now
Claudio: Great debut, was ROH champion immediately, potentially going to win the tag titles with Mox
Storm: Women's champion, also has one of the best characters in wrestling right now (although some people don't agree)

Aside from maybe Malakai Black and Keith Lee (for valid reasons), I can't think of many other ex-WWE guys who aren't doing better overall in AEW.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Benne posted:

The Brits are insanely fedpilled in a way that most American fans can only dream of. There's a reason why every indie promoter was so happy to let NXT walk all over them.

Eh, if anything the UK is less fedpilled because the WWE is less accessible than the competition here; Raw and SmackDown are behind the sports channel paywall at about £30/mo whereas AEW (and previously, TNA) are on free TV.

The various British wrestletube channels (WC, Cultaholic, WrestleTalk) are all in on the grift, though.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I’m always a fan of the idea that the bucks don’t make anyone else look good, when them making everyone they work with look good is literally the thing that makes them the best of all time.

The Bucks never make anyone look good I say while ignoring the big sign that says "they got the beaver boys on American TV"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Shard posted:

I aint reading all that poo poo

big mistake, poo poo like that are the reason this thread should exists. losers on twitter are the boring/annoying chaff.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

The Bucks never make anyone look good I say while ignoring the big sign that says "they got the beaver boys on American TV"

I remember best friends saying the bucks are their favorite team to work with because they don’t have to do anything they never get hurt and they end up looking incredible.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

theyre the best tag team ever

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I love him referring to Hangman as "the vessel for sabotaging CM Punk in AEW" like he's a cursed amulet or some poo poo

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Hoss Corncave posted:

Aside from maybe Malakai Black and Keith Lee (for valid reasons), I can't think of many other ex-WWE guys who aren't doing better overall in AEW.

Ruby is arguably kind of in the same place but I think the main thing is that it isn't some massive fail rate. It's not like any of them would be broaching the roman reigns/top space if they'd stayed.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Joey McChrist posted:

stings better than all of them

that's right

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Procrastinator posted:

Ruby is arguably kind of in the same place but I think the main thing is that it isn't some massive fail rate. It's not like any of them would be broaching the roman reigns/top space if they'd stayed.

I'd even argue she's doing better in terms of being on TV and involved in interesting things. She just also hit a weird ceiling and never shook off all the things WWE hosed up.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lordsofpain.net.... all of a sudden i'm 12 years old again. whats next? we looking into the tpww forums?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

How much "managerial and creative input" do the Bucks really have these days anyway?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Selachian posted:

How much "managerial and creative input" do the Bucks really have these days anyway?

All of the bad things in AEW were done by the Bucks. All of the good things? TK asking an AI model of CM Punk.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
so afraid of others being paid huge amounts that you hook the guy up with the same agent who strong armed TK into giving you ridiculous sums of money

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I know Tito has brainworms and is posting in bad faith but like what does he think all those WWE to AEW people would be doing if they stayed in the fed where only one boring guy gets to hold the only belt that matters forever

And it's such a frustrating argument because what they mean by "haven't done anything" is "hasn't been world champion for a long period of time" which is literally impossible when your roster is so big

Like you would have had to make every one of these people world champ immediately and then have them drop the belt to the next ex-WWE person who shows up and then they'll say the title runs were worthless because they were short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

I know Tito has brainworms and is posting in bad faith but like what does he think all those WWE to AEW people would be doing if they stayed in the fed where only one boring guy gets to hold the only belt that matters forever

And it's such a frustrating argument because what they mean by "haven't done anything" is "hasn't been world champion for a long period of time" which is literally impossible when your roster is so big

Like you would have had to make every one of these people world champ immediately and then have them drop the belt to the next ex-WWE person who shows up and then they'll say the title runs were worthless because they were short

Shoulda bought the TNA legends title from ‘em and just had each ex-wwe guy win that