Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

Lmao, Lakers hate really melts peoples' brains.

not that you're wrong exactly but that's a Gambling Anger or I'm a dormouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DeimosRising posted:

not that you're wrong exactly but that's a Gambling Anger or I'm a dormouse.

That makes sense and that melts brains even more and in a worse way.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i would like to fast forward to tomorrow to watch the nba game titled celtics vs nugets

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lakers Hate Hate: The Real Brain Melter

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

being happy when your team wins, and feeling extra joy at seeing fans of the other team upset, is one of lifes simple pleasures. idk why some people dont like sports

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

Lakers Hate Hate: The Real Brain Melter

My brain is luckily pre-liquid.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Lockback posted:

I think Vassell is on his way to being a good starter but #3 guy is maybe a stretch. He's probably going to be a "lowest usage guy who always defends the other team's best player". I think Sochan looks promising to be another good rotation/maybe low end starter. Tre is a good backup PG who you probably won't want to play more than 16 minutes and Champagnie is maybe looking like a #7 or 8 guy.

The Tre Jones defender has logged on but he's a pretty competent TJ McConnell with less defense and more offense. Like Tyus or TJ he's probably got a permanent place in the league because as a lot of teams can vouch for, a guy who can calm it down, run some plays, and not turn over every ball or get into his zone jacking up bad shots is valuable.

Backup PG power rankings are in the workings, as this is the most important position in the NBA

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
https://youtu.be/0gztHJ5avro?si=TUP4TixPZJolqFmq

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
the bulls have done it again

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lakers made the classic mistake of playing their best players against the Kings

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

They did go on a 6-0 run when LeBron checked out of the game for good in the 4th so you're on to something.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Same
https://twitter.com/Underdog__NBA/status/1765525819554722214

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/shamscharania/status/1765740182198722833?s=46

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Ffffffuuuuuuck.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Well drat

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Rip Minnesota

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
that sucks :(

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/shamscharania/status/1765741165758849383?s=46

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Imagine trading FOR Ben Simmons?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

that seems not ideal for the wolves. imo

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Crap, I saw KAT was going to take some games off to rest his knee but this sucks. He's been so good this season.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

That's gotta be it, right? I mean maybe he sticks around for a year until his contract's over but there is no way the dude isnt going to just medically retire, right?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Paul Zuvella posted:

That's gotta be it, right? I mean maybe he sticks around for a year until his contract's over but there is no way the dude isnt going to just medically retire, right?

Yeah he might try one more time but his back has got to be held together with duct tape at this point

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Glad his mom wasn’t here to see this

In all seriousness tho does this mean he’s played his last game as a woofie?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Real classy

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
So the Warriors lost by 52 and then won by 35. Is that the biggest swing in scoring margin over 2 games in NBA history? 87 point delta.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

In all seriousness tho does this mean he’s played his last game as a woofie?

The wolves don't actually need to shed salary next season. Also, its going to depend a lot on the tear as to how much time this means, all season is not a guarantee.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1765746658975928544

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
If he does the shave method (I think that’s what it’s called) he could be back by round one but if he goes for the more invasive method it’s a wrap I guess

Damion lee hurt his meniscus last summer and got the full repair and is still out. Cam Johnson tore his October?? 2022 and got the quick fix, back in like late January I think. But I believe the long term outlook is less good if you go that route, see Robert Williams

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 7, 2024

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

What's not clear is if it's a full tear or not, that will change the outlook. Woj's tweet makes it sound like it's still not known. It could just be some optimistic veneer. A partial tear can be a much quicker recovery with no surgery.

Butler got the quick surgery around this time (like 2 weeks earlier) and made it back for the playoffs, and it hasn't been a big hindrance. Again, everyone's knee is different though so its an unknown until they make the decision.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Shams breaking something and being wrong wouldnt exactly be unprecedented.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

WhyteRyce posted:

No, it was me. It was going so poorly in the 1st quarter that I decided it was because I was watching, and if I turned it off, then they would do better. And that is exactly what happened! I am responsible for last night's beam.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Eratik posted:

But Trump did have Covid

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Eratik posted:

He likes to use words incorrectly, "no timetable for return" would be better. Depending on the tear, he could be back for the playoffs.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

There's a tear of some sort
KAT is out
There is no plan for return

So Shams isn't wrong but it isn't clear the extent of the injury or missing right now. It could also be KAT is done for the season and Woj is just sending out a spin to avoid the avalanche lovely takes about how ANT should demand a trade.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Woj making a point of saying he might not miss time at all is pretty interesting:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1765746658975928544

But yeah, maybe he's just doing PR for an agent.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Even if he can play through it and get it handled in the offseason you'd think he'd still want to rest it a few weeks..

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kat was a semi-planned scratch for the first couple games of this roadtrip anyway to deal with knee soreness, he was going to not travel to start and meet up later. I assume now they'll take that time to figure out a plan. I would assume even if this was as good of news as you can get he'll miss this 6 game road run.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
I remember when Lamarcus Aldridge was on the Spurs there was an announcement that he was going to be out for the season and then he was back a couple days later and played out the season. Caused havok to fantasy leagues.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh no the wolves get to see what a better future looks like for free that's not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

wtf, why type out this godawful poo poo

It sucks how snakebitten KAT and the Wolves have been the past few years. I hope the meniscus injury isn't a season-ender, but even more I hope KAT doesn't gamble his long-term knee health to return too quickly this year.