Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
aw i HAVE to kill Blackguard for the Braggart's Roar ash? Come on didnt farming two warhammers show i dont want to do that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Phrosphor posted:

The hardest bit for me was learning to open the inventory and swapping weapons mid-fight because you can't carry all these swords in your quickbar. If you use R3 in the menu you can clear the panes so you only have the actual equip menu on the left and still see what is going on around you. D-pad controls the menu but the left stick still lets you move. You can dump other weapons in your chest so you just have your prepared swords ready and don't need to scroll through loads of weapons. It takes a few tries but eventually you get the muscle memory to swap weapons on the sprint. Now I can frostbite someone and swap to a different sword while fighting (most of the time) and it feels really cool!

Open up the inventory and select a different weapon in the middle of a fight?

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
ive seen some wild poo poo in clips, people swapping out two or three items like weapon and a couple trinkets

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Watch any Chase the Bro video and become utterly disgusted by your own sloppy menuing skills instantly!

verbal enema posted:

aw i HAVE to kill Blackguard for the Braggart's Roar ash? Come on didnt farming two warhammers show i dont want to do that!

Well alternately you can just buy some prawn and then follow PeePeePooPoo man's quest until he does your dirty work for you.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Maliketh is pissing me off again

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I kinda wish the menu would let us mark items as "favorite" and keep them on the top.

verbal enema posted:

Maliketh is pissing me off again

Try the blasphemous claw.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I never thought of putting the items I never use in storage.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

War Wizard posted:

I kinda wish the menu would let us mark items as "favorite" and keep them on the top.

That thing fucks with my muscle memory. Throughout the whole game you're used to parrying attacks with L2, then you get an item that you use like a consumable to parry. I just can't get used to that.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i started doing it in dark souls 1 when i bought the bottomless box and felt ripped off when i realized there was no inventory weight limit so i had to think of another use for it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

War Wizard posted:

1/30 fights i get him to phase two he wont quit loving running away

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
maliketh feels like a check to see if you have a midrange attack. never had an easier time with him than when i used reduvia blood blade

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Node posted:

That thing fucks with my muscle memory. Throughout the whole game you're used to parrying attacks with L2, then you get an item that you use like a consumable to parry. I just can't get used to that.

I have to very consciously line it up ahead of time and only use it on his 4x flippy-sword-beam attack. You only need to land it maybe twice.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I think ER basically requires you to dip into everything, D&D adventurer style, for a successful or at least easier time through the game. You can do a pure meathead STR build but it helps to have some form of ranged attack against enemies like Preceptor Miriam or Perfuners, or get some faith for Flame Cleanse Me and Heal (gently caress royal revenants I will never fight them "fairly" ever again because they aren't fair) in exchange for a small divergence from just spamming VIG, STR, and END.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ancestral Follower sniped him

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

my first playthrough of Elden Ring was pure STR and you’d be surprised how many problems can be solved with jumping heavy attacks

yes that includes Malenia

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

My third playthrough was a pure strength build using the Ruins Greatsword and the Starscourge Swords, and that basically opened my mind to the world of long-ranged, poise-breaking joy.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Augus posted:

yes that includes Malenia

dogg the only way i could beat malenia during my first run ever with my 2hand greatsword (not the guts sword, just a greatsword) build was Giving The gently caress Up, using a shield with bloodhound step for waterfowl dance, and doing nothing but jumping heavies whenever she was open

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

verbal enema posted:

Are on PSN? I might be able to help you with this.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

doomrider7 posted:

Are on PSN? I might be able to help you with this.

i am on psn

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Can't do it now as it's late, but tomorrow I can help you with the trade for this. Just send me a friend request(same name as on here).

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

doomrider7 posted:

Can't do it now as it's late, but tomorrow I can help you with the trade for this. Just send me a friend request(same name as on here).

I get off around 6pm EST tomorrow so I'll add ya. I wanna be able to toss it onto my Duelists Great Hammer so I can S scale the strength on it.

Well that and it's such a good ash and killing him is just out of the question.

I need to buy max CRAB

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Hmm I seem to have done something wrong. I just went to castle Redmane (I already had the Grace from getting the whetstone before I did Lakes) and the festival isn't on? I went to square and ended up fighting a Misbegotten and a Crucible Knight (tough fight but now I have the ruins greatsword!)

What do I need to do to trigger the festival? I have beaten the academy, met Ranni, freed Alexander. I came here on my first playthrough for the first time after lakes and it was happening. What trigger did I miss? Can anyone help me?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Phrosphor posted:

Hmm I seem to have done something wrong. I just went to castle Redmane (I already had the Grace from getting the whetstone before I did Lakes) and the festival isn't on? I went to square and ended up fighting a Misbegotten and a Crucible Knight (tough fight but now I have the ruins greatsword!)

What do I need to do to trigger the festival? I have beaten the academy, met Ranni, freed Alexander. I came here on my first playthrough for the first time after lakes and it was happening. What trigger did I miss? Can anyone help me?

Touch grace in Altus Plateau, or follow Ranni's quest to discover nokron.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Go to Atlus plateau

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Aha, thank you so much!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Mentat Radnor posted:

Watch any Chase the Bro video and become utterly disgusted by your own sloppy menuing skills instantly!

He plays with a pad too iirc? Wild.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Learned skills are learned skills, be they M+KB or controller. It's all a matter of practice.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The most important menuing skill by far is the ability to quit the game while falling to your death

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
:hmmyes:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

claw grip makes anything possible

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I need to do this with +0 and +1 versions of trinkets, and all those stupid branches.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Checked what achievements I'm missing and I never thought of going into the ashen capital from the back door, duh.

Debating whether I should take my lvl 250 char on it's 10th respec into NG+2 or keep doing endgame summons for fun. I'm out of somber dragon stones so stuck with +9 on weapons, sad.

I also need to get my faith char past Mogh for DLC.

Christ I will never stop playing this game.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Almost finished my Frenzied Flame ending and have all the pieces to wreck the final bosses.

Decided to just eat up all these runes and even the champion runes - felt so dirty. I usually horde these all Just In Case™

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What did you think storage was for? :confused:

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I hate those drat duck feet, my co-op guy right now has to wear them as the only way to break 51 poise with a frog hat at his level, and I despair every time I see them

This is why volcano manor is generally one of the first destinations for all my coop characters. Scaled armor lets you have good poise without needing the helmet, so it leaves your head free for fashion.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dyz posted:

This is why volcano manor is generally one of the first destinations for all my coop characters. Scaled armor lets you have good poise without needing the helmet, so it leaves your head free for fashion.

knight armor + scaled hands/feet will get you straight to 51 without head armor and will keep medium roll on a threadbare amount of END if you're not using big weapons or rolling around with a huge arsenal equipped

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Vermain posted:

knight armor + scaled hands/feet will get you straight to 51 without head armor and will keep medium roll on a threadbare amount of END if you're not using big weapons or rolling around with a huge arsenal equipped

Yeah but the mismatched armor looks bad.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If you want to set fashion trends you must defy what is trendy.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

What did you think storage was for? :confused:
A baffling amount of poison arrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I’ve got a nice fashion setup on my lvl 160 fth/str guy (who I just respecced to be more of a fire wielder versus a holy paladin-type previously) where I can swap between Diallos’ chest and the Fire Monk chest depending on my mood and maintain exactly 51 poise. Today do I want to be a mad zealot or a fancy lad?