Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

bawfuls posted:

yeah how dare he not want to be a Yankee!

yeah, gently caress um.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Darren O’Day has been pretty great in the Braves booth so far

https://twitter.com/gifs_baseball/status/1765101352269533322?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bawfuls posted:

yeah how dare he not want to be a Yankee!

Wanting to not be a Yankee is cool, good.
Wanting to be a Dodger is cringe, ick.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

"You have to C it" is the Cubs' slogan this year. Just begging to be changed to "You hate to C it."

Probably still better than "That's Cub" though.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

"You have to C it" is the Cubs' slogan this year. Just begging to be changed to "You hate to C it."

Probably still better than "That's Cub" though.

So the first tweet capitalized "It", and the first time I read it my brain saw "You have to Clit" and now I can't unsee it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bregor posted:

So the first tweet capitalized "It", and the first time I read it my brain saw "You have to Clit" and now I can't unsee it

Charlotte expansion confirmed

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dameius posted:

Wanting to not be a Yankee is cool, good.
Wanting to be a Dodger is cringe, ick.
look at where your Dodger hatred has brought you, complimenting players for being Yankees

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Bregor posted:

Feels like an Orioles move but they have a ton of 1B/DH/OF corner types to play. It’s why Cincy is passing in the first place. Kansas City already has that veteran clubhouse guy in Sal Perez. Pittsburgh has Cutch. Arizona filled their DH spot with Joc, who doesn’t seem like a clubhouse guy but can still hit righties.

What other up and coming teams have a need like that? Maybe Detroit?

The Padres clubhouse was so bad that Melvin bailed. And their DH is currently Cal Mitchell.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
The Yankees are just a small market team trying to make their way against teams with deep pockets like the dastardly dodgers, just like the giants of San Francisco.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bawfuls posted:

look at where your Dodger hatred has brought you, complimenting players for being Yankees

Read that again. I would never support the Yankees.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Joey Votto should not be punished by playing on the cursed Padres, though he might enjoy a summer in San Diego

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

live with fruit posted:

The Padres clubhouse was so bad that Melvin bailed.

Or Melvin is such a red-rear end motherfucker that the team openly quit on him. The Mariners clubhouse revolted on him so the team didn't renew his contract, and the A's had absolutely zero problem letting him go to San Diego.

Timby fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 7, 2024

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Timby posted:

Or Melvin is such a red-rear end motherfucker that the team openly quit on him. The Mariners clubhouse revolted on him so the team didn't renew his contract, and the A's had absolutely zero problem letting him go to San Diego.

The A's did him a favor. And the Padres quit on Tingler as well. Fool me once, et cetera et cetera.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Check out what Rodon did.

We already know he sucks

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rodon was so good with the Giants................. It's insane that he just sucks now.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

Rodon was so good with the Giants................. It's insane that he just sucks now.

More than likely he's just injured. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he needs TJS based on the forearm strain from last spring

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

More than likely he's just injured. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he needs TJS based on the forearm strain from last spring

Could be considering that his velocity is way down. Of course they are going to wait way too long to have him get it like they always do.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Velo being way down is usually a shoulder injury, which pitchers almost never recover from. Elbow injuries can carry a slight loss of velo simply due to the pain but loss of movement/command is a commoner symptom.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Rodon spent his entire career getting injured then finally had one year where he managed to stay fully healthy at age 29, and the Yankees inexplicably decided yeah that's gonna be the new normal and dumped $162M on his head for his age 30-35 years. It was a quixotic move that so far does not appear to be paying off.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sydin posted:

Rodon spent his entire career getting injured then finally had one year where he managed to stay fully healthy at age 29, and the Yankees inexplicably decided yeah that's gonna be the new normal and dumped $162M on his head for his age 30-35 years. It was a quixotic move that so far does not appear to be paying off.

He was pretty good in both 2021 and 2022. But yes, your point stands. I would've thought he'd miss time but be good when he pitched. he's been loving terrible as a yankee even when he pitches.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

It rocks and I think I predicted it

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

mcmagic posted:

He was pretty good in both 2021 and 2022. But yes, your point stands. I would've thought he'd miss time but be good when he pitched. he's been loving terrible as a yankee even when he pitches.

He was good in '21 but also IIRC got hurt near the end of the year and saw a huge velo dip that freaked everybody out, then suddenly he surged back for '22 and gave the Giants an almost 100% healthy season. Granted this is me trying to remember minutia for a guy from a couple years ago who was not on my team so maybe I'm off.

It's kinda wild to me he got what he got, and I wonder if how poorly it's worked out so far is a data point teams are looking at when looking at Snell, who's got similar (albeit less extreme) "tons of injury propensity but also coming off some incredible seasons" profile and is a year older than Rodon was when he inked his deal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Rodon is also kind of a shithead which the Yankees probably should've looked into before they gave him 160 million tbh

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This is weird

https://twitter.com/aramleighton8/status/1765767983958225045?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Pro athletes are probably the only people for whom eating McDonalds every day is actually fine cause they are burning so many calories it doesn't really matter. The main issue is probably the amount of salt but hey, electrolytes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

A big mac actually has decent macros tbh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
that's what the mac is short for

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I still think Rodón took a lot of damage from the wild number of overstress innings he pitched in high school and college playoffs, i doubt he’s been even close to 100% healthy for more than a few months as a pro.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

ah yeah all the good veggies and associated nutrients found in a Big Mac

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/kileymcd/status/1765793466980667512

some good Red Sox news for a change. Now do Casas.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

bawfuls posted:

ah yeah all the good veggies and associated nutrients found in a Big Mac

macros don't care about that (which is why macros are a bad substitute for diet)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
McD's like pretty much any fast food is insanely overly salted and full of ultraprocessed garbage that's been pretty clearly linked to shitloads of health problems. This goes doubly for anything that's been fried in old lovely oil.

It's fine as an occasional thing but eating it every day is extremely bad for your health.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I buttchug McDonald's and now I can see into the future

Checkmate, haters. Also someone please call 911 in approximately 18 minutes, thanks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do you guys not eat the standard American diet?

https://twitter.com/thecarnivorebar/status/1765045115230515493

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 7, 2024

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/maddie_m_lee/status/1765799943154151709

lol like the tenth hammy injury for Madrigal, at some point the Cubs need to accept his legs are made of hopes and dreams and move on.

Dogshit news for Kilian though, looked like he was finally starting to make things click.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

zoux posted:

I’ve been eating a lot healthier for the last few months but honestly that looks good as hell

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/maddie_m_lee/status/1765799943154151709

lol like the tenth hammy injury for Madrigal, at some point the Cubs need to accept his legs are made of hopes and dreams and move on.

Dogshit news for Kilian though, looked like he was finally starting to make things click.

Morel will start 150 games at third and win a gold glove.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

howe_sam posted:

https://twitter.com/kileymcd/status/1765793466980667512

some good Red Sox news for a change. Now do Casas.
This is dirt cheap

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/thecarnivorebar/status/1765045115230515493

This is probably a joke but if not, are they trying to say the average American eats over 6,000 calories a day? Or eats enough McDonalds for a family of 4 every day? That just silly.

:jerry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Sydin posted:

McD's like pretty much any fast food is insanely overly salted and full of ultraprocessed garbage that's been pretty clearly linked to shitloads of health problems. This goes doubly for anything that's been fried in old lovely oil.

It's fine as an occasional thing but eating it every day is extremely bad for your health.

Chad Ochocinco says eating McDonalds every day builds up an internal callus that prevents injury