Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (September 1-5, 2005)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Wicked Gnomes

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (March 6-8, 1944)

whats this one about, is the car actually losing parts or are they fuckin with em

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're loving with him. The one kid is throwing too much big stuff and making it too obvious.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/8-10/43

So once again Hippy meets a rather disappointing and anticlimactic end.

(I haven't read ahead but I'm putting my money on the Snail actually getting his legs chopped off by the train.)
I think this is in fact it for Hippy, since she seems to have lost two or three feet of height.

And I'm not sure exactly what went wrong for him but yeah, my imaginary hypothetical money is on that too. :hmmyes:

Green Intern posted:

Fan favorite character GALVANIC CUTLASS
How the gently caress did Bones keep their sword into superprisonhell?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think it's being used by someone outside.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

quote:

We Are Reproducing

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

It's your dog, Phantom. You should know that.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Zereth posted:

I think this is in fact it for Hippy, since she seems to have lost two or three feet of height.

And I'm not sure exactly what went wrong for him but yeah, my imaginary hypothetical money is on that too. :hmmyes:

How the gently caress did Bones keep their sword into superprisonhell?

They didn't. It's being used by someone in the observation hall.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

get pregnant, stupid.

gentlemen.

Whoops All Pennies

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Catching up on Corto and Blueberry, if I lag behind I make a cache of pending tabs to read. These are definitely sit down and savor strips.

lol Corto is a hell of an assassin. Milner never saw it coming! Really loving how zesty and fast-paced these chapters are after the intro on Monk Island, really gives a lot to love about Corto as an adventure serial.

:qq: Crowe!!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 7/3-5/52

Archie 10/10-12/49

Sorry for the lovely quality of the strip from the 11th.

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 3/24-26/77

That's a fine '70s NYC bus.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I love how he says "There's the hospital now", like it just tiptoed into view.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Drimble Wedge posted:

I love how he says "There's the hospital now", like it just tiptoed into view.

You know how it is, wait 40 minutes for a hospital and then three show up at once.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Selachian posted:

Archie 10/10-12/49

Looking at the old data, the stocks had been pretty stagnant since 1946 and started growing fast soon after this was published, so that's a well-timed gag in hindsight.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake The Magician

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

goatface posted:

I think it's being used by someone outside.

Green Intern posted:

They didn't. It's being used by someone in the observation hall.

Oh you're right upon re-reading the comic. I do not appear to be firing on all cylinders today.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Curtis

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Conan: The Blood Egg Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

I’ll be honest with you. I don’t know a lot about the serpent men. So I modelled them on the Shadows from Babylon 5. I figured it was exactly the same thing.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

it's always been weird to me that curtis can realize chutney's treatment of him is weird and inappropriate, and then go on to be exactly like that towards michelle

like, it's not exactly unrealistic, but still...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's okay when the main character does it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It looks like time for yet another artist to discover that lizard people are problematic just too late to stop themselves from making them a plot element.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I guess he could technically be talking about two separate things (leaping off the top rope and also performing slams where he goes down with his opponent, like a powerslam) but it reads like jumping onto the opponent off the top rope is a body slam. Which it absolutely is not, as any kind of slam in pro wrestling is a throw. There's of course a variety of top rope moves, but since Andrzej here is about 900 years old, I think he would've been doing a basic splash (aka body press, but nobody ever calls it that) off the top in his active days.

Yes, I'm nitpicking professional wrestling terminology in a newspaper comic strip about old people. This is what my life has become.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Samovar posted:

Corto Maltese

separated at birth?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rand Brittain posted:

It looks like time for yet another artist to discover that lizard people are problematic just too late to stop themselves from making them a plot element.

? It’s a lizard.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Crab Dad posted:

? It’s a lizard.

A lot of the the lizard people conspiracy theories floating around the internet are just antisemitism with a hasty find->replace.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Selachian posted:

Pogo 7/3-5/52

Good lord

Amazing work getting that by the editors, doubly so for 1952

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Olive & Popeye

Our Boarding House (April 30-May 2, 1925)

Out Our Way: The School Ma'am Saga (May 1, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (July 13-15, 1922)

Dok's Dippy Long Time Since I Had To Use One Of These Placeholders

(February 18, 1915)

Little Lefty (November 30-December 2, 1939)

An unexpected front for an old rivalry.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Ardeem posted:

A lot of the the lizard people conspiracy theories floating around the internet are just antisemitism with a hasty find->replace.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people lately saying "don't use this one ever". A friend of mine wound up withdrawing a novel trilogy from sale because it touched on lizard people and she didn't discover this until it was too late.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Ardeem posted:

In particular, stuff that draws from the work of David Icke.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
The Robert E. Howard Kull story "The Shadow Kingdom" involving serpent people was published in 1929.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

He only quoted Ecclesiastes 3:1, not 1-8. :colbert:

Vargo posted:

Heart of the City
Is this an actual joke? In Heart of the City? Is that allowed?

Ardeem posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with using lizard people in general, but you do have to be careful not to say stuff like "they likely still subtly guide the hand of man" because when you combine that with lizard people it definitely sounds antisemitic.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ardeem posted:

Almost every conspiracy theory sooner or later boils down to "the jews did it," even the flat earth theory.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Safety Dance posted:

It's your dog, Phantom. You should know that.

Not a dog. A wolf!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

E: wrong thread

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

This is so stupid. There are multiple ways to convey to Luann that Piro would not appreciate a lame-rear end puppet show without betraying his trust. Or just let Luann do whatever cringey poo poo she's going to do. Bernice agreed to listen to Piro vent, not manage his social life.

Gil Thorp

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Luann is so giddy to make Bernice break confidentiality :psyduck: what the gently caress

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

separated at birth?

Dang it, I wish I knew what this was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Strontium posted:

Take It From The Tinkersons

Quoting from a couple days ago because I love when Tinkersons name drops random pizza places from Alatoona, PA

https://www.mamarandazzos.com/