Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

rowkey bilbao posted:

Our dumbass bitcoiner from work watched the tuckern Carson interview and apparently found out about cool historical facts like "Russia actually wanted to join NATO but it was rejected so maybe its nato's fault if they feel bad 🤔"

I didn't know you worked with seraph84!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbnW-_pgNTI

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

rowkey bilbao posted:

Our dumbass bitcoiner from work watched the tuckern Carson interview and apparently found out about cool historical facts like "Russia actually wanted to join NATO but it was rejected so maybe its nato's fault if they feel bad 🤔"

The right wing spin on all of this war has so see through. It's scary people believe the obvious propaganda.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

People will believe anything if they want to. If they start from a conclusion and work backwards all they are ever looking for is the right pieces of propaganda that fit the narrative they prefer. It's no wonder chuds and tankies have cuddled up to Putin, he gives them the excuses they want to normalize their immorality.

NATO and the Great Satan are destroying our very souls! Only Putin and the religious right wing nutjobs can return us to the glory of Christ or communism or racial purity or isolationism or whatever these people have convinced themselves makes invading nations like Ukraine and killing everyone AOK in their book.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Sedgr posted:

People will believe anything if they want to. If they start from a conclusion and work backwards all they are ever looking for is the right pieces of propaganda that fit the narrative they prefer. It's no wonder chuds and tankies have cuddled up to Putin, he gives them the excuses they want to normalize their immorality.

You're left wing and you're rubbing shoulders with tucker carlson, matt geatz, MTG, hinkel and alex jones yet you still think you're correct and believe the conspiracy theories and re-written history.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

beer_war posted:

Welcome to NATO, :sweden:

Nice!

I think having all Nordic countries in NATO gives a set bonus of +10% frost resistance, not too bad.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Haven't posted in a while but wanted to pop in with a :hmbol: about Sweden joining NATO today, good poo poo Putin

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

rowkey bilbao posted:

It might blow your mind but this view has been spouted on many occasions on these very forums.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Philonius posted:

Nice!

I think having all Nordic countries in NATO gives a set bonus of +10% frost resistance, not too bad.
Now we have access to Dragon Shouts.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

beer_war posted:

So close to renaming the Baltic Sea to NATO Sea.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

rowkey bilbao posted:

I actually listened to the Lex Fridman interview with Carlos Tucker while cleaning the toilet and ironing the laundry because I thought maybe there will be some interesting insight or talk about Ptin or something

And while there was of course absolutely nothing interesting in it, I really gotta say that Tucker is completely in over his head. Holy poo poo if that's his real self and not just a character. He really cracked the jackpot. It's like being introduced to some tenured Math professor and you learn that the guy dropped out of school at age 10 and can't count past 100 and has now been non stop staring at your rear end while licking his lips for like the last hour or so

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Pretty sure we can do it now

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1765757249534726464#m

quote:

⚡️An explosion occurred at one of russia's largest steel mills due to a drone attack, – russian media.

The general director of the Cherepovets steel plant claimed a "technological incident" in blast furnace production, but local media claim that the real cause of the explosion was a drone attack.

Subsequently, the acting governor of the Vologda region confirmed that an unmanned aerial vehicle of "unidentified origin" had hit the plant.
:dukedog:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Alternatively, rename NATO to NABSTO. (OTANMB for the French speakers.)

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
ugh, repainting all the warlock towers and death stars is going to take forever though

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Unidentified origin? Must be Ukraliens

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Lord Awkward posted:

ugh, repainting all the warlock towers and death stars is going to take forever though

Warlocks don't use magic to paint their towers?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Unidentified origin? Must be Anglo-Saxons

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Lammasu posted:

Warlocks don't use magic to paint their towers?

a waste of valuable time and magic that could be spent reaching out and hexing A-50s and SU-34s

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

beer_war posted:

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Der Kyhe posted:

Congratulations also to the Tsar Vladimir 'shitpants' Putin for making the joint defense treaty encompassing all Nordic countries a reality, his work really made an impact on the NATO expansions policies.

It really cannot be overstated how big a deal this is (locally). Like, this was a major policy goal for nordic politicians in 1949 and even with the post-WWII European situation a pan-nordic defence alliance just could not be cemented, despite the best efforts of our greatest leaders. Like it was Gerhardsen's biggest regret and failure.

Now, Putin has done the loving impossible, and it's about time we order a 20 Gotland class submarines, a few hundred Gripens and a thousand liters milk and put them on the border with Russia.

gently caress Putin.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Airdrop a bunch of surstromming MREs to the Russian positions and you'll have all the soldiers surrendering or defecting within a week, tops

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

EorayMel posted:

Airdrop a bunch of surstromming MREs to the Russian positions and you'll have all the soldiers surrendering or defecting within a week, tops

Just because they are war criminals does not mean we have to do war crimes.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1765670279957688699#m
All of this and you still don't consider that if you scum just up and left, none of this would be happening

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1765670279957688699#m
All of this and you still don't consider that if you scum just up and left, none of this would be happening

A real "aww diddums" moment.

gently caress 'em.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
get in the fire bag

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

State department seems to think Moscow is going to get spicy. Avoid public gatherings, etc.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
... nuclear kind spicy? :getin:

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
No

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Sedgr posted:

State department seems to think Moscow is going to get spicy. Avoid public gatherings, etc.

For clarity sake, because I mis-read this until I read other sources, OP means there is high likelihood of a false flag or similar in Moscow, not Moscow deciding to get spicy with rest of the world. Wilno's balls are safe

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Probably not. A concert might be bad but nuke the concert levels of bad? :shrug:

https://twitter.com/TravelGov/status/1765839290435604754

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

is there any reason to just start flat out declaring that this is an upcoming false flag, other than vibes? there are many possible ways for things to get spicy in russia, and quite a few separately motivated actors

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
my balls are ready

Senor Big Snacks
Jan 6, 2024
I'd think it might have something to do with the goings on in Ingushetia recently rather than any kind of false flag, but who knows.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjHWsGAlcMI

The dumbest of people.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Election upcoming and Putin did something similar in 99 before the election

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

bunnyofdoom posted:

How to make yourself look even dumber, weaker and shittier after two years since starting a "three day operation".

Edit:
"We're winning! Look how we're winning! Oh no they got us."

:thunk:

Edit 2:
Perfidious Anglo-Saxons. Of course.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I was looking up pictures of Swedish military and the royal guard uniform is bitching.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://x.com/clashreport/status/1765736910943613005?s=20

wire guided drones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

bunnyofdoom posted:

French LGBT terrorists are expected to blow up several apartment buildings right before the election. Russian state TV will publish incriminating photos showing the base of terrorist operations - blueprints of the buildings next to a pile of stale baguettes and a copy of Sims 3.