Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

And they're one win away from clinching the NFCS.

Which they ultimately do with a record of 8-10. They will lose in the Wild Card round to a 13-5 team from the NFC West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

Which they ultimately do with a record of 8-10. They will lose in the Wild Card round to a 13-5 team from the NFC West.

Arch Manning’s final playoff run.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fartknocker posted:

A nation groans as the Cardinals march towards their ninth State Farm Super Bowl

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

fartknocker posted:

The year is 2040. A 50-year old Taysom Hill hands the ball off to a 38-year old Frank Gore Jr., who gains 3.2 yards on the play. The Saints still have their cap hit on the books for another 4 years.

I know this isn't what you intended, but I now like the idea of the Saints trying to pass down cap hits across generations. Like they can keep spreading Cam Jordan's cap hit as long as they agree to draft his son in like 10 years.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots signed Steelers T Chunkwuma Okorafor.

He's servicably mid, which is a significant upgrade from Vederian Lowe.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Kalli posted:

Patriots signed Steelers T Chunkwuma Okorafor.

He's servicably mid, which is a significant upgrade from Vederian Lowe.

he's big enough to mildly get in the way of someone in pass blocking. dude won't move a soul in the run game though

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1765871207935619153

Good OL just don't hit free agency.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Imagine having a GM who can't draft OL, I sure can't.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fartknocker posted:

They win the Wild Card round vs the Cowboys.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

wandler20 posted:

Imagine having a GM who can't draft OL, I sure can't.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

And if they do even the interior OL are getting $16-$20m per.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

fartknocker posted:

Meanwhile the 7-11 Falcons upset the 1-seed Cowboys in the Ultra Wildcard Round, shortening Jerry's lifespan another three years.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Kalli posted:

Russ on the Steelers is like the perfect recipe to win 9-10 games and lose convincingly on wild card weekend.

This is called The Seahawks Way

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1765880022093435208?s=20

https://x.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1765881216136294891?s=20

Wentz incoming.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

Meanwhile the 7-11 Falcons upset the 1-seed Cowboys in the Ultra Wildcard Round, shortening Jerry's lifespan another three years.
Inshallah. Though the years off of Jerry's life dont matter unless someone finds his phylactery.

Red rifle or bust.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Inshallah. Though the years off of Jerry's life dont matter unless someone finds his phylactery.

Red rifle or bust.

I lied.

Multiple people saying Darnold is the guy.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

As someone who is only getting back into the NFL this past year. Why does everyone seemingly hate Carson Wentz?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Red rifle or bust.

Dalton seems like a fine bridge for bo nix to sit on the bench and learn how to throw the ball further than 3 yards down the field

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Corzaa posted:

As someone who is only getting back into the NFL this past year. Why does everyone seemingly hate Carson Wentz?
Because everyone hates Carson Wentz, duh.

apparently he is a huuuuge rear end in a top hat, does not willingly take coaching, and is entitled.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

EmbryoSteve posted:

Dalton seems like a fine bridge for bo nix to sit on the bench and learn how to throw the ball further than 3 yards down the field

Worked well for Bryce Young last year

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

[spoiler]apparently he is a huuuuge rear end in a top hat, does not willingly take coaching, and is entitled.

This is not a spoiler

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

This is not a spoiler
You caught me before my edit!
If you're saying that kind of thing doesnt need to be spoiled - yeah, but I was making a bad joke :colbert:

EmbryoSteve posted:

Isnt Bo Nix only like 4 years younger than &e?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Corzaa posted:

apparently he is a huuuuge rear end in a top hat, does not willingly take coaching, and is entitled.

To expand on that slightly, he apparently reacted very badly to the Eagles doing well with Foles after he was hurt in 2017. At one point, he said something in front of other injured players prior to Super Bowl LII about not wanting the team to be winning without him, to which Darren Sproles (Who was also on IR) nearly got into a fight with him. Foles ensuing popularity after the Super Bowl win, and then replacing an injured Wentz again the next year, didn’t help and made him more of an rear end in a top hat in the locker room.

Another year later, he didn’t handle the team drafting Jalen Hurts well, then played like rear end. He went to Indy, played mostly meh but would make awful mistakes at the worst times, and even got the normally very patient Jim Irsay upset enough to trade him after one season. He then went to Washington, where he was even worse and it was clear teammates and fans both vastly preferred Taylor Heinicke. He may have physical skills, but performs so poorly unless everyone is unquestioningly behind him, there’s a reason nobody signed him until mid-November this past season.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Carson Wentz saw Foles in the shower and has felt inadequate since.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

Carson Wentz saw Foles in the shower and has felt inadequate since.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fartknocker posted:

To expand on that slightly, he apparently reacted very badly to the Eagles doing well with Foles after he was hurt in 2017. At one point, he said something in front of other injured players prior to Super Bowl LII about not wanting the team to be winning without him, to which Darren Sproles (Who was also on IR) nearly got into a fight with him. Foles ensuing popularity after the Super Bowl win, and then replacing an injured Wentz again the next year, didn’t help and made him more of an rear end in a top hat in the locker room.

Another year later, he didn’t handle the team drafting Jalen Hurts well, then played like rear end. He went to Indy, played mostly meh but would make awful mistakes at the worst times, and even got the normally very patient Jim Irsay upset enough to trade him after one season. He then went to Washington, where he was even worse and it was clear teammates and fans both vastly preferred Taylor Heinicke. He may have physical skills, but performs so poorly unless everyone is unquestioningly behind him, there’s a reason nobody signed him until mid-November this past season.

Irsay buried Wentz multiple times in the media after trading him, calling him an obvious mistake lol. He REALLY hated Wentz.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dalton still has another year in Carolina. He signed a 2 year deal last offseason.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Seems like a decent deal for Chicago.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1765900725089935777?t=7Tcr4h9-_YNfDanLVp3gjw&s=19

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Dalton still has another year in Carolina. He signed a 2 year deal last offseason.

If they can trade him for a sixth or something they probably should? That team needs as many picks as possible

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1765915024340529583?t=tnSpQogNQdOy8fe-X3zdAA&s=19

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Hell yes keep Tranquil. That’s a hell of a deal.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Docjowles posted:

If they can trade him for a sixth or something they probably should? That team needs as many picks as possible

For sure. Anything is probably on the table. I just don't see it and it seemed like the speculation was around signing him as a free agent.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

see also jason kecle retirement speech.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
As a lifelong enemy of Pittsburgh football I feel pretty good about Russell Wilson as a Steeler.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

BlindSite posted:

For sure. Anything is probably on the table. I just don't see it and it seemed like the speculation was around signing him as a free agent.

Dalton was in New Orleans with Pete Carmichael who is now "Senior Offensive Analyst" in Denver and the Denver QB cupboard is bare. Everything about it makes sense except having to give up assets for &e.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Shrimpy posted:

Dalton was in New Orleans with Pete Carmichael who is now "Senior Offensive Analyst" in Denver and the Denver QB cupboard is bare. Everything about it makes sense except having to give up assets for &e.

When you have a chance to get the October 2015 AFC offensive player of the month, you have to take it, ok?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

october 2022 fedex air player of the week nominee as well

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Not an NVP winner, not gonna bother

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Giants signing Russ and making Jones the backup this year making 40 million would be pretty funny. I think it's a good move for them though so I hope they don't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Sign me up for Wilson for a year and drafting Rome or Nabers at 6

Neither will happen but it's fun to dream