Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
So I guess what people who really want to farm super credits have been doing is finding a trivial map with a good seed where you can get half a dozen SC drops within a couple minutes. If you Alt F4 instead of finishing the mission, when you relaunch the game and launch back into that mission...it's the same seed, with the same drops in the same places. Lol.

I imagine this will be fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Likely soundtrack for Illuminate from the OST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGH_LTOv_08

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I just tried out the jetpack and I can't dive and then activate it in midair? What's this bullshit

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

This rules, you rule.

yea that's sick

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Triarii posted:

I just tried out the jetpack and I can't dive and then activate it in midair? What's this bullshit

It's the jump pack not the diveandactivatemidair pack.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Just don't blame me if my sight ranging turns out inaccurate due to Resolution or FoV differences or whatever. :v:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yo these bots are getting pissed :stare:

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Joel!! :argh:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Triarii posted:

dolphin divebombing

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

repeat your daily desensitization exercises to remain unfazed by enemy atrocities

the effect where dead robots' bodies keep moving and making walking motions on the ground is so cool and creepy

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
we need a crying helldiver smilie asap

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

wait till you find the combination vivisection table and ritual sacrifice altar. also the cages!

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
Light armor concept: the skydive suit - when launched in air (due to explosion, most likely) can glide and use Stims/grenades.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Finally reached 20 and unlocked the railgun! Not a bad weapon. Do unsafe shots still penetrate tanks and hulks anywhere post patch? It's hard to tell in the chaos of a 4 player game.

What exactly counts as a fully-charged unsafe shot? Is it anywhere past the regular safe charge or do you have to get really close to exploding yourself?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Technically a fully charged unsafe shot is when the railgun explodes, cause it still fires a shot as it explodes! :v:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Oh poo poo they weren't kidding about the ICBM launches :kingsley:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Technically a fully charged unsafe shot is when the railgun explodes, cause it still fires a shot as it explodes! :v:

the devs should be assholes and make it 1hk everything in the game for a max shot

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

explosivo posted:

Laser cannon is real good now! Also the meteor strikes are way more obvious on any planet other than the moonish one (fenrir?)

Yeah we dropped with two Laser cannons against bots and everything melted away except tanks. Can even engage rocket devastators if you're quick enough to avoid the return fire.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Oh poo poo they weren't kidding about the ICBM launches :kingsley:
https://i.imgur.com/YxMXVlH.mp4

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Come on, ref.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I did a solo 3 and I got tanks on me at the first bot outpost.

gently caress is that about lol

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Hell Pods don't do enough damage. It feels real bad when you just go right through a Bile Titan without it flinching, and it feels like they just slide off Hulks. They only do like 90% of a tanks HP in damage too. I learned this by accidentally landing right on top of a tank when starting a new mission in foggy conditions. It gave me a pretty good perch to safely grenade all the devastators sitting around it, right up until one of my squad mates helpfully finished off the tank.

I also know that if you kill a tank with a respawn hellpod you're safe from the initial explosion but the secondary explosion is perfectly timed to launch you as soon you step out.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah medium bot missions are surprisingly deadly

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Darox posted:

Hell Pods don't do enough damage. It feels real bad when you just go right through a Bile Titan without it flinching, and it feels like they just slide off Hulks. They only do like 90% of a tanks HP in damage too. I learned this by accidentally landing right on top of a tank when starting a new mission in foggy conditions. It gave me a pretty good perch to safely grenade all the devastators sitting around it, right up until one of my squad mates helpfully finished off the tank.

I also know that if you kill a tank with a respawn hellpod you're safe from the initial explosion but the secondary explosion is perfectly timed to launch you as soon you step out.

I dropped on a bot dropship earlier and it did literally nothing and then I got chainsawed in half, this is some bullshit.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

CelticPredator posted:

I saw one tank in a 3 or 4 when I was starting out and then no others until I got to 6s. It's weird.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Bussamove posted:

I dropped on a bot dropship earlier and it did literally nothing and then I got chainsawed in half, this is some bullshit.

i called in orbital gas earlier and it got intercepted by a dropship so the cloud just lingered in the air doing nothing

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Darox posted:

Hell Pods don't do enough damage. It feels real bad when you just go right through a Bile Titan without it flinching, and it feels like they just slide off Hulks. They only do like 90% of a tanks HP in damage too.

This is the best part, you get to rodeo the tank firing down the vents with your slugger.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The Slack Lagoon posted:

As of the patch yesterday I've started auto vaulting on everything, especially the resupply container. I couldn't find a setting for it anywhere. Anyone have thoughts?

Also did they up the difficulty of higher missions? My group was pretty regularly doing extracts on 9, and now we're barely finishing 7s. We were never all running railgun/shield so it's not from the weapon changes.

Well, were they running the also nerfed Breaker?

(the armor fix made the game a bit harder, too)

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Worf posted:

im kinda bummed to not get the medals tbh. not even bc i wanted the medals per se, just because if i helped defend those dumbshit planets multiple times i want the follow through
I would like them to have actual Campaign Medals. Helped liberate Tien Kwan by successfully completing at least one Campaign? There's some collectable thing in the Player section like your Title or the Icon that basically says "I Was There".
I like the ridiculous quantity of Medals been given to you and that that acts as a currency for getting fancier Armour and stuff, but I'd like the game to celebrate my part in their meta story too.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

So I haven't played for a few days, just tried to kill anything heavy related with the rail gun and its now just bouncing off armour?

Whats the best weapon to run now?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
There isn't one. Find something you like, there is no easily superior meta option now. Things like the laser or the AC or the EAT all have things they are good at and things they aren't so good at. You can give the big laser a try, see if it works for you. It's not a straight replacement, but as long as you don't tap it out it never runs out of ammo.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Custard Undies posted:

So I haven't played for a few days, just tried to kill anything heavy related with the rail gun and its now just bouncing off armour?

Whats the best weapon to run now?

-Flamethrower bypass armor
-Railgun in unsafe mode and charging shots
-EAT
-RR
-Arc Thrower is somewhat slow but also can remove armor

Musluk
May 23, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV2sRymGBS0

Hulk got hosed by a meteor lmao

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Mulva posted:

There isn't one. Find something you like, there is no easily superior meta option now. Things like the laser or the AC or the EAT all have things they are good at and things they aren't so good at. You can give the big laser a try, see if it works for you. It's not a straight replacement, but as long as you don't tap it out it never runs out of ammo.

Turin Turambar posted:

-Flamethrower bypass armor
-Railgun in unsafe mode and charging shots
-EAT
-RR
-Arc Thrower is somewhat slow but also can remove armor

Thanks, I used to run laser so might switch back to that.... or just start actually using unsafe railgun shots :xd:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

EAT and RR are nice but it's good to get used to how to do unsafe railgun shots. Supposedly controller makes it easier because there's a rumble, whereas on KBM there's no indicator on screen or anything that your railgun is about to take your arms off.

On the other hand, the round still fires if your railgun explodes, so... technically still a good shot!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Do people actually use the flamethrower? I tried it for a few missions after the 50% damage buff and it just seems awful, the only impressive thing about it was its ability to make me quickly burn to death if I later dodge into the fire hazards it makes everywhere (which seem to do almost no damage to enemies!). The bypass armor thing sounds cool but its damage is still so poo poo that it really just does not matter, you can't just stand there and spray something for 10 seconds without dying. I tried doing more bursty play to get my dodges in while letting the DoT burn enemies to death and I'm not entirely convinced that an enemy catching fire is anything more than visual flair. I just could not find any redeeming qualities in the thing, it always made my life much harder and in the vast majority of scenarios I think I would have killed stuff faster by swapping to a dry primary I'd have to reload before shooting.

It turns out "slowly cook enemies and create hazard areas you can't enter" is the exact opposite of what I want any time I am close enough to an enemy to use the flamethrower. Is there some trick or mindset shift I need to make to make it not a waste of a stratagem slot? I only used it against the bots when it seems like it'd maybe be more useful vs bugs, so there's that for me to consider. but man unless someone's going to tell me that bugs have a +200% damage from fire modifier I'm just not seeing it.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
the bugs cant just stand back and shoot you

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Impact grenades are MVP on bots, I'm never taking off the recoil/extra nade armor with an AC/Impact nade setup.

Tank? 2 nades on the back half of the turret and its dead.
Cannon turret? You better believe that's 2 nades.
Group of Devastators? One grenade.
Bot factories? One AC round into the flap from any range.

Now if charger armor would crack with application of an impact nade that'd be sweet. Instead they just eat em and keep going.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

EAT and RR are nice but it's good to get used to how to do unsafe railgun shots. Supposedly controller makes it easier because there's a rumble, whereas on KBM there's no indicator on screen or anything that your railgun is about to take your arms off.

On the other hand, the round still fires if your railgun explodes, so... technically still a good shot!

In ADS mode the railgun has a little rising power meter that starts inching closer to the top after a pause when you charge it in unsafe mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the bugs cant just stand back and shoot you

Neither can bot berserkers but the flamethrower is exceptionally unhelpful in that circumstance

I do not want to kill melee units that I am close to slowly! That is the absolute last scenario where I want a slow DoT!

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Mar 8, 2024