Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

a two person alliance can run the table as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I think people often get hung up on their day 1 alliance but you can make it work.

Give me a bonus episode of just Liz talking at camp.
All-time great challenge. A total mess.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Caught up on the first 2 episodes tonight. Absolutely brutal episode for Jelinsky and one of the worst debut performances ever if not the worst.

Was really hoping Kenzie would go instead of Jess there in episode 2. They all recognized Kenzie was playing hard and would be a social liability soon as there's a swap or merge.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Not really a fan of the extra vote, lose your vote, real idol fake idol shenanigans. It's too much like a game show than a reality show sometimes.

There is too much crying

I'll def still keep following this though. The challenge going on for so long it required a commercial break was a riot

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 9, 2024

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah that episode was quite a comedown after episode 1. Like someone said earlier, the fake idol thing wasn't wantonly cruel due to the existence of the shot in the dark, but it still felt really mean while it was happening, especially or maybe probably because of how nice Jess comes off.

I don't know if the "loser tribe" is a purposeful thing or a mistake they keep making but I'm sort of over it as a concept.

Metallica Guy is still cool, Tavin is still cool, and I am finding Venus to be entertaining.

obliriovrons posted:

If you go into Survivor like "I'm not going to really try to make an alliance before merge" you are very unlikely to make it to merge

It seems like that is the reason that Jess originally ended up on the bottom 2 in episode 1.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jess seemed to spend most of her time just kind of in a daze. we know from her own words she wasn’t sleeping. She never talked strategy with anyone really. The fake idol was pretty pointless and it was hard to watch her struggle for so long last episode. honestly they should NOT have voted out Kenzie instead of Jess, if anything they should’ve voted out Jess instead of Jelinsky. I hoped maybe she’d get her feet under her with some time but that wasn’t the case. She just wasn’t cut out for the island

She did say in exits that she was super excited to see Kenzie on her tribe and felt it wasn’t reciprocated so that’s why she was giving Kenzie nothing but idk. Seems like she didn’t give anyone much.

Interesting thing of the Kenzie Q divide is I thought they were both tight with Tiff. Since the rest of the tribe is being voted out they should’ve been a nice trio by swap/merge instead of worrying about each other so much

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rick posted:

Yeah that episode was quite a comedown after episode 1. Like someone said earlier, the fake idol thing wasn't wantonly cruel due to the existence of the shot in the dark, but it still felt really mean while it was happening, especially or maybe probably because of how nice Jess comes off.

She said in exit press that they were goading her to play her shot in the dark on the first vote. I'm sorry, there wasn't a way out for her and the entire tribe except Bhanu is on my poison go die poo poo list.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Jess' exit interview is amazing and everyone should listen to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMX5Z0rqXns

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

That’s really funny

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm just now watching the episode and LMAO at Venus trying to make this huge deal out of her toe and making herself the natural target during a time when the tribe could just be building cohesion and enjoying 2 wins. The thing with who Jeff gives the idol to is the most kindergarten level petty stuff, it's hilarious.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
I feel like the ones intentionally ostracizing someone, rolling their eyes when the person talks, or just intentionally disregarding what the person says when they ask questions are doing more damage to the "building tribe cohesion" part of the game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Studio posted:

Define big. 4 person alliances have ran the game since Borneo to 45 lol

4 people alliances seem even stronger now without the final changes, seems like we get less people looking ahead to flip and instead just ride their alliance and try to play fire games.

EDIT: Just finished The Traitors S2 and they need to get some real housewives people on Survivor.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 10, 2024

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Khanstant posted:

I'm just now watching the episode and LMAO at Venus trying to make this huge deal out of her toe and making herself the natural target during a time when the tribe could just be building cohesion and enjoying 2 wins. The thing with who Jeff gives the idol to is the most kindergarten level petty stuff, it's hilarious.

Soda just snatching it out of her hands twice in a row is giving off some serious crazy vibes.

I feel that if Yanu hadn't lost this challenge, Jess would have survived the next time they went to tribal.

I was really down on this cast before the show started, but I've come around. They are insane, and not very likeable outside of Jess, but should provide a very entertaining season.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I don't like Soda. Her snatching that idol - twice - was weird, as was 'well we had a connection but I don't think other people like you so I'm just not going to talk to you ever again' with Venus.

Everyone likes watching a good villain, or duplicitous gameplay or any of that good stuff but with this cast they're getting increasingly mean. The whole thing with Jess was pointless. You have the votes, what are you doing? It was doing too much only to make her embarrass herself despite her knowing that it wasn't a real idol from the jump. Icing out Venus and then using her reaction, no matter how minor, to justify why they were right to do it is lovely. Yes she made too big a deal of her foot getting run over, but it's directly tied to her being ignored by the people around her so of course she's going to be sensitive to it.

It sounds like Jess largely had a miserable time and it seems like it was because of her Tribe. I don't think the not eating and sleeping and all the rest of it helped, but kudos for her for being like I hate it here but I'm not going to quit.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Venus and Jess are both Canadian. This is a clear cut case of anti-Canadian bias in the editing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Anti-Canadian bullying by the American players who fear the strong track record of Canadian players

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
A lot of the cast seem to have taken one look at Venus and decided she's Hoser Kim Kardashian or something.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

obliriovrons posted:

I thought Tevin was great last week but being kind of an rear end in a top hat about Venus this episode

Yeah he was a giant dick to Venus for no reason we can see. it's a real bad look and really soured me on Tevin.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
She mentioned Mean Girls in the bio but maybe she's the Cady and has to work her way into the mean girls clique.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/1b9axbr/deleted_scene_venus_confronts_tevin/
There was a deleted scene with some more info on Tevin/Venus' relationship.

I think she might be difficult to live with lmao. Like the way she brought up the toe was very uhh, well, Tevin described it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Her putting the buff on the idol was exactly the kind of silly bonding thing everyone should’ve been having fun with and he just straight up rolled his eyes at it, pretty rude. There’s also a secret scene where they don’t get along and fail at squashing the beef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUBfn8J4CnY

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cua-Ai1Y_1Q

Sneak Peak. The "I'm not blind" comment lmao. This is with her only ally!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Her putting the buff on the idol was exactly the kind of silly bonding thing everyone should’ve been having fun with and he just straight up rolled his eyes at it, pretty rude. There’s also a secret scene where they don’t get along and fail at squashing the beef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUBfn8J4CnY

They both seem like they require a lot of work to effectively communicate with, usually more effort than it's worth but on survivor you just gotta try. Still rough watching their friction.

Seems like Venus is pretty much the one to go first chance they get, guess every tribe needs one and 4 days really might be too late to get back in without some outside factors.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Man I have no goddamn idea this season who to sit and who to play in the draft. These people are messy as hell.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think venus and bhanu are the smart benches this week, maybe also Liz

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wanted to bench Venus this week but I'm pretty sure my options are the anti-woman dude who sucks, or Kenzie who is on a doomed tribe.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Eric Huffman from China charged with domestic violence against his wife Jaime, also from China.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Wonder if Bhanu's gonna make it out of this week

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Hunter gave up a promising future to be a contestant on survivor and being a teacher

... Man I hope he wins

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ugh I don’t wanna watch this tribe go back to TC

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Poor Bahnu, dude like actually needs to go home.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I feel bad they're going back to tribal council but I don't feel THAT bad after the fake idol.

Also, my God, Bhanu is a loving idiot, or a wannabe mastermind because I'm pretty sure no one said that poo poo to him.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I think he’s just sleep deprived and tilted

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

mp5 posted:

I think he’s just sleep deprived and tilted

Yeah. I think he's just spiraling.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Well I guess this pretty much guarantees a swap next episode, the same exact poo poo happened to Yellow Tribe Whose Name I Forget last time. They had to swap to prevent an Ulong situation

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

So they're gonna go to tribal, Bhanu is gonna lose his loving mind and there will be no vote. Bhanu will go back to camp in a fetal position.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Guy slept wrong and gets medevaced

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fast Luck posted:

Guy slept wrong and gets medevaced

nah problems like that in your neck don't just happen from sleeping wrong, it all sounds really weird but it's 100% legit

Randen's bought Bhanu one more set of days unless there's a swap, since presumably he still won't have a vote next time he goes

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
God, I hate Bhanu. Strike him down.

namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Man, he clearly was fine in the credits, being med-evaced and finding out a few hours later you're fine has to suck.