Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

FlocksOfMice posted:

So like after an entire chapter of faffing about and recapping stuff that happened 2 pages ago suddenly the comic is creepy, powerful, and good again. Terrifying, thank you very much! I hope the ball doesn't get dropped again, this is something that was clearly being built up to for a WHILE and even if the getting-here was sloppy this is great for the moment.

Yup, it's a good page with stuff that's been clearly hinted at for years finally coming to some sort of big moment. It's really nice to see.

Though even if this does get fumbled, it looks like we'll at least get a couple of nice pages out of it which is something at least. But who knows, if there's any plot thread left that could be really impactful, it's this. So maybe there's some room for optimism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

JuniperCake posted:

Yup, it's a good page with stuff that's been clearly hinted at for years finally coming to some sort of big moment. It's really nice to see.

Though even if this does get fumbled, it looks like we'll at least get a couple of nice pages out of it which is something at least. But who knows, if there's any plot thread left that could be really impactful, it's this. So maybe there's some room for optimism.

Now that you've said it, a piano will immediately fall from the ceiling and crush all of them on the next page.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Splicer posted:

Yeah I get everything except the barnacles. Is it referring to she gave us an ocean or the creepy boat?

barnacles as an image to me evokes a suffocating weight, like a fixation that pulls you down and inhibits your ability to move

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

Now that you've said it, a piano will immediately fall from the ceiling and crush all of them on the next page.

That would be hilarious tbh.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Well that's a pretty cool page!

Can't wait for Robot to emerge as a normal-looking human and defuse all the tension immeduately.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
So if Robot was instrumental in starting the cult of the "Angel" and his new form is "biblically accurate angel" I guess maybe this is his Luciferian turn. I'm cautiously optimistic that this is, for the first time in quite a long while, a plot turn that is actually based solidly on something that has been hinted at and set up for a long time.

It just feels plopped out of nowhere, though, like everything that's happened lately, and again just feels like Annie is speedrunning to finish off all the hanging side quests.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I have never been so happy to have a theory about a webcomic proven wrong

OgreNoah posted:

I have no idea what's happening now. It doesn't really matter, I suppose.

Thread title potential

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The gunnerkrigg cycle: cool page with evocative art > oh man maybe things will get interesting again! > plot waffles around and focuses on stuff we don't care about > start losing hope > cool page with evocative art > oh man maybe things will get interesting again! >...

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Next page will have Robot casually walk up behind them with his golden locks and ask what they're looking at.

I was going to make a joke and refer to Robot as a her there, but looking back at his design in She Gave Us An Ocean, other than the pouty lips, his face and body are rather androgynous, so I'll give Tom the benefit of doubt for now.

That being said, what are the chances he takes on the moniker Luis Ferre (or some variation thereof)?

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
oh poo poo, something's gonna happen???

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
As someone that hates barnacles I can appreciate this page.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Randalor posted:

Next page will have Robot casually walk up behind them with his golden locks and ask what they're looking at.

I was going to make a joke and refer to Robot as a her there, but looking back at his design in She Gave Us An Ocean, other than the pouty lips, his face and body are rather androgynous, so I'll give Tom the benefit of doubt for now.

That being said, what are the chances he takes on the moniker Luis Ferre (or some variation thereof)?

Lucy Farr

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

My friend's cute, pastel calico cat's name is "Lucy Fur" and I just wanted to share that.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Yeah it's gotta be Lana gently caress

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Youremother posted:

Please do not quote the comments section

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Listen, normally I don't kinkshame, but you don't put your dick into crazy, and buddy, do I have some bad news about Lana for you.

... I'm phoneposting, can someone do me a solid and photoshop the crazy Lana face onto the "Clingy/Crazy girlfriend" meme image?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

If this is literally an amalgamation of ALL of them, Lana, Loup, Coyote, Gamma, and Zimmy, i will loving SCREAM

Either way Annie seems entirely uninterested in finding out who she is still despite that being the ONLY thing the readers want to know

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

If this is literally an amalgamation of ALL of them, Lana, Loup, Coyote, Gamma, and Zimmy, i will loving SCREAM

Either way Annie seems entirely uninterested in finding out who she is still despite that being the ONLY thing the readers want to know

There was one page where she was interested, then not-Zimmy lunged at Shadow, they all teleported around MULTIPLE TIMES, then when Shadow asked who she was, Annie basically said "I unno, does it matter?"

I would say I have gone from enjoying to actively hating this comic in record time, but the glacial pace of the comic means that it took literal months to reach this point. They entered the distortion in AUGUST of 2023.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tired of this boring sludge of a cast. This Chimera is lesser than everything else.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Youremother posted:

I am still hoping and praying for Boxbot

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
This comic is and has always been about Lana and Loup’s star-crossed romance, why would this Zimmy and Gamma business be anything more than a background set-up to finding out more about Lana? and Robot by proxy, ofc, since barnaclebot over here is important to her.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The early years of the comic were written by Robox, and everything since Tony's return by Boxbot.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I read that as Roblox at first and have to double check what thread I was in

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Kesper North posted:

I am still hoping and praying for Boxbot

Who do you think Lana was before she became a Numan?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

RocketMermaid posted:

Who do you think Lana was before she became a Numan?

I

Do not have a response to this

And need to go and reconsider my thoughts on this topic

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

how is it that every line of dialogue coming out of annie's mouth reads like a poor quality dub of a mid anime by a bored voice actor

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
:geno: "I know who this is"
*60 seconds later*
:( "Annie who is this?"
:geno: "Good fuckin question idk"

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Ok well I think I just reached the point in the comic where I full stop for a while because this is just absolutely BAD in an increasingly frustrating way.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Tom, we... we just had this page. This page just happened.

I'm unironically actually concerned for the author at this point.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

What was the point of this strip: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2908

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cavatica posted:

What was the point of this strip: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2908

Gunnerkrigg Court: What was the point of this strip

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Also pretend I linked that drawing Tom tweeted, you know the one

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

This comic has become a poo poo ouroborus. Just a cycle of poo poo without beginning or end.

Tom has no idea who the woman is, does he? He introduced her and decided he would figure it out later.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Zoya posted:

how is it that every line of dialogue coming out of annie's mouth reads like a poor quality dub of a mid anime by a bored voice actor

https://youtube.com/shorts/kLIyjvu47D8?si=XbTi2zLEADl-0Acz

We’re about here now.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

DontMockMySmock posted:

:geno: "I know who this is"
*60 seconds later*
:( "Annie who is this?"
:geno: "Good fuckin question idk"

I'm insane. Am I insane? I think I'm going insane. I'm going I'm loving insane.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I'm insane. Am I insane? I think I'm going insane. I'm going I'm loving insane.

Someone is insane, but it isn't you.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

:sigh:

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009