Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
idk the last one seems a little too obvious, "oppression against Playstation gamers" seems like a tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

loquacius posted:

How are people still like this

I guess teenagers do still play video games

These dudes are almost assuredly the same age as us

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

a survival crafting game with mechs would be sick

Farming Simulator 2077

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

The first thing I did in Dyson Sphere Program was punch a tree.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It feels like something that would fit very naturally in Satisfactory's atmosphere but it doesn't seem like there's a "use" for it in that world other than murdering a bunch of the alien environmental baddies. Ideally I'd like to see one you could use in a game like Lego Fortnite or 7 Days To Die where you'd be able to walk along a forest with buzzsaw arms and clear cut the entire area in your loving mech

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

its either an extraction shooter or a fortnite. maybe an apex legends

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Does anyone know if Last Epoch is coming to console?

the devs said they want to do it eventually, which is why they've been spending a lot of time trying to improve the controller support

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

You joke but I think there's an actual survival crafting game with mechs coming out

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

It feels like something that would fit very naturally in Satisfactory's atmosphere but it doesn't seem like there's a "use" for it in that world other than murdering a bunch of the alien environmental baddies. Ideally I'd like to see one you could use in a game like Lego Fortnite or 7 Days To Die where you'd be able to walk along a forest with buzzsaw arms and clear cut the entire area in your loving mech

isnt that just Riftbreaker?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

that's subnautica

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

You joke but I think there's an actual survival crafting game with mechs coming out

why do you think i'm joking

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Talos

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

is it? that sounds cool if it is

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

sort of how a ton of people are saying they grew up with dragon ball and that was a major feature of their lives, for me it was dragon quest. so it's gonna be a melancholy day for similar but different reasons

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Survival Crafting gets a bad rap because of the games tend to get popular in early access and then never get finished but some of the most fun i've ever had has been building insane castles in Valheim or murder mazes in 7 Days To Die with friends. it's fun to enter a world with 0 control and slowly start morphing and bending it to your will.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

yeah Riftbreaker is what you want

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

my heart's getting tugged whenever I'm seeing people posting dq or chrono trigger art more than goku

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah Riftbreaker is what you want

will check it out, thanks

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Rip to a real one

https://twitter.com/pugmane/status/1765970276632674732?t=kH87mNVIty-kreOx0k7sdw&s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
EA has released a bunch of their games out of exclusivity and onto Steam, including but not limited to:

- the Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection, which has all four C&Cs, all three Red Alerts, C&C Generals, and Renegate (though of note is that the C&C1/RA1 remaster is a different title, but also available on Steam)
- The Saboteur, perhaps one of the greatest games in the open-world genre
- SimCity 3000, perhaps one of the greatest games in the city-builder genre (already was available in GOG for the longest time, but maybe you want it here)
- Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2; these have not aged as gracefully, IMO

- the most CSPAM game of all: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

quote:

Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
All Adult Swim games are apparently being delisted so if you don't have Duck Game buy that poo poo while you can. gently caress Zaslav and WB Discovery.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I'm guessing the c&c collection still requires you to install a bunch of fan patches to run any of the older games?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Trying to make a Ed Harris pawn on Dragons Dogma 2 demo, it's hard!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the only one of those I'd be interested in was alpha centauri and I've had that on gog for years now

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Grubb finally got a scoop

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Game's good
https://i.imgur.com/cozxQnL.mp4

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Makin a sad cat

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I can't wait to spend all afternoon in the DD2 character creator after work. Can't decide if I want a kittycat pawn or not.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

MuffinsAndPie posted:

Makin a sad cat

kajit loves moon sugar, sugar in general

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

the devs said they want to do it eventually, which is why they've been spending a lot of time trying to improve the controller support

I hope they manage, and I hope it gets couch co-op. My wife and I had a blast with Diablo 3 on PS4.

Also, in things I just learned today, apparently Todd Howard is like 4 feet tall.

https://x.com/JasonKauz/status/1765951560083763416?s=20

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

khajit has moon diabetes

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

You too can make your own diabetic sad cat

https://www.dragonsdogma.com/2/en-us/topics/demo/

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
releasing the character creator before the actual release is a great move and I wish every game that had one would do it since that's usually how I spend my first 1-2 hours of playtime in any of them.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

releasing the character creator before the actual release is a great move and I wish every game that had one would do it since that's usually how I spend my first 1-2 hours of playtime in any of them.

lets see who else did this, can only think of bg3 and spore

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/helldivers2/status/1766129205509546468?t=Agylg-aXgUMrdyVbmzdAcw&s=19

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Borderlands 3 doesnt have a character creator but I think they did this with their skill tree planner.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Al! posted:

The single player mode for Street Fighter 6 did this too. It's nice since I'm taking the day off work for DD2 so now I can focus on how wolves hunt in packs and goblins ill like fire.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Al! posted:

Saints Row

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Buck Wildman posted:

my heart's getting tugged whenever I'm seeing people posting dq or chrono trigger art more than goku

We got too much Goku not enough Chrono.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

All Adult Swim games are apparently being delisted so if you don't have Duck Game buy that poo poo while you can. gently caress Zaslav and WB Discovery.

https://www.polygon.com/24093815/warner-bros-adult-swim-games-steam-delisting

God drat this poo poo is so loving scummy

They're refusing to transfer ownership to the studios of the original creators on Steam and demanding they remove all references to the games being created by "Adult Swim Studios" just to be allowed to republish. This would effectively wipe out every review, every wishlist entry, etc. for those games on Steam, just so they can continue to sell the games they themselves made.

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 18:16 on Mar 8, 2024