Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

well done sir! the coffers for your ducklos shall never be empty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
it's fine. those polls are totally meaningless even though every one is saying the same thing, because the worst goons on this website smugly told me so

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the polls are meaningless unless it shows them what they want then they're amazing

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
You guys are such unscientific babies to be worried about an overt fascist being up in virtually every poll after conducting four years of attempted fascist policies and an attempted coup. You aren't allowed to be worried until I say so.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
is it time to unskew the polls?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The New York Times should endorse both Joseph R. Biden and Donald J. Trump, because historically when they do that, both candidates lose.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I was shocked to see someone the other day, not a cspam goon I think, point out that the whole "the polls are meaningless this far out" is because poo poo changes. If poo poo doesn't change then they're pretty loving predictive.

I know I shouldn't care, but it was driving me nuts to see so many people referencing Obama polling like poo poo in 2012 and struggling with uncommitted votes, because that was a problem at the time! It was a thing! The narrative, that I used to see repeated here a lot, is that Obama thought his best move was to lay low and coast to a small victory to avoid having to deal with the blue dogs and the leftists. And it was a disaster and around the time of the debates his advisors scolded him into actually trying and he campaigned and acted like 2008 Obama for long enough to con enough people at the same time that Romney fumbled hard.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lolling at the morons falling for this poo poo

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol millions of views almost sub 3 likes

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol temporary

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

You guys are such unscientific babies to be worried about an overt fascist being up in virtually every poll after conducting four years of attempted fascist policies and an attempted coup. You aren't allowed to be worried until I say so.

wait, is joe biden up in the polls now???

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
trump will end democracy, etc.

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1765850416514736452

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

FistEnergy posted:

it's fine. those polls are totally meaningless even though every one is saying the same thing, because the worst goons on this website smugly told me so

Those polls seem to show a complete tossup where the margin between candidates is lower than the margin of error and way larger than the undecided votes. They all show the election as a complete tossup so they pretty much can't be wrong. Maybe can agree that the polls are correct in their meaninglessness?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
idk if I believed one party was competent and taking the country in a good direction it would be pretty alarming if their candidate was neck and neck with a bad man who is going to destroy the country. I wouldn't shrug my shoulders and say "eh, people will come around by November" -which is what the WH is doing

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I won't be shocked at all when a bunch of undecideds who are currently pretending they won't vote for Biden still end up bending the knee on cue when the Dems demand it, and it's just enough to drag Biden's husk across the finish line

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The337th posted:

I won't be shocked at all when a bunch of undecideds who are currently pretending they won't vote for Biden still end up bending the knee on cue when the Dems demand it, and it's just enough to drag Biden's husk across the finish line

Always happens, it's just a measure of how many.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

idk if I believed one party was competent and taking the country in a good direction it would be pretty alarming if their candidate was neck and neck with a bad man who is going to destroy the country. I wouldn't shrug my shoulders and say "eh, people will come around by November" -which is what the WH is doing

OK but what if you instead constructed a narrative that everyone voting for the good candidate was a good person and everyone not voting for him was a bad person? Then you can just run that poo poo into the ground for 8 months without having to change anything at all.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

Thank you. Seeing this play out but no one ever mentioning it was making me wonder if I'd gone insane.

Trump is a fascist and will end democracy but our policies are identical to Trump's and no you don't get to pick a candidate you'd like to vote for. Doesn't that just mean you're fascist too and democracy is meaningless already?

I'm just not built for the world where they just me what I can see isn't real it's crazymaking

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
fascism is when you don't want a far-right state apparatus to curtail political choice

A_Druish_Princess
Jan 12, 2024

I don’t want him to kill democracy, I just want him to put a nail in the coffin of American hegemony

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

see this is what happens when you say or even think that Biden isn't our greatest, most progressive president ever

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The337th posted:

They believe that 49% of the country are unreachable subhumans and will vote against them no matter what. After all, how else do you explain so many people voting against Obama in 2012?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Always happens, it's just a measure of how many.

something tells me not that many this time around

genocide isnt popular

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Retromancer posted:

They believe that 49% of the country are unreachable subhumans and will vote against them no matter what. After all, how else do you explain so many people voting against Obama in 2012?

That's not true, all those suburb Republicans are very human and deserve to be reached out to, endlessly

The scum and filth non-voters though, absolutely inhuman

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Retromancer posted:

They aren't totally wrong here.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Biden is also a fascist so this holds even if they swap.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

something tells me not that many this time around

genocide isnt popular

well, not this genocide. usually they go over much better with americans.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, not this genocide. usually they go over much better with americans.
granted liberals are fine with it but israel has been extremely bad at pr

apparently yelling you want to exterminate palestinians doesnt do well

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
tuvok.... thank you

https://twitter.com/timruss2/status/1765848500330471488

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

enough about joe biden

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

sorry but those are the rules and dems love nothing more than the rules

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
democracy might go away but can you imagine if we let the newborn fascist dictatorship start without intelligence briefings?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

We're not concerned about this because polls aren't predictive for another 21 days

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I'm not going to listen to a man who allowed his friend to be turned into a salamander.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Who cares

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Good thing biden never.... wait what's that?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Pooky posted:

Good thing biden never.... wait what's that?

Hey now that's not fair to the man. They said there's no way anyone could listen to him and believe that he has any idea where he is or what he's doing and I for one believe that.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Tuvok sure did let a lot of shenanigans happen on Voyager, despite being head of security though.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s silly that the big two party nominees get them at all. The parties are private organizations.

Why not brief the greens and libertarians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/wwrwrecker/status/1765925753290465660?s=20
do they realize there is no legal mandate to do this