Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Ever been invited out for an evening-"
"No."
"-and had to turn it down because you're expecting an extra-special call?"
"NO."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Which one of us is right? We agreed to let this thread decide. The loser has to buy a kebab for the winner.

You just earned yourself a kebab, because that's not a dirty joke in the slightest it's just a goofy one. "Pretty friendly chicken" is akin to a private label version of a brand-name "Bird of Happiness."

(And a quick search tells me that a Bird of Happiness is a Russian folk art thing, not a bird that jerks you off.)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I mean yeah, in the movie obviously it's the Bird of Happiness, this was just in my friend's interpretation. I'm pretty sure in the 1950s Soviet Union people's idea of a happy ending was a breadline where you got half a piece of bread at the end.

But thanks guys, glad to hear I'm not losing my mind

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
is when you go to get massage and at end she kills you

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Future war has collided with deathstalker

https://www.screendaily.com/news/daniel-bernhardt-to-star-in-reboot-of-roger-cormans-deathstalker-films-exclusive/5191164.article

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I guess the foreverathon really is forever, they've registered a domain for it: https://foreverathon.com.

E: why the hell did the doctor in Zombie Nightmare decide "I'm gonna be like the Penguin" was a great acting choice?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 5, 2024

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
They were aiming for “quirky” but overshot the mark.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Trying to get ahead of the "I'm going to become the Joker" meme, but just a little too soon and a little bit off.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
To play off Adam West? It's a bizarre choice no matter why he did it.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: why the hell did the doctor in Zombie Nightmare decide "I'm gonna be like the Penguin" was a great acting choice?

They did Zombie Nightmare on one of the Make More MST live rif-alongs, and after the movie they had the actor who played the young cop. According to him, the director just told everyone to be someone else. He told the actor playing the medical examiner to be Columbo.

I pulled this from mobile so I can't timestamp it, but if you just want to scrub to about the last 45 minutes, that's roughly where the interview starts.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QBic9Oj-PhU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

They did Zombie Nightmare on one of the Make More MST live rif-alongs, and after the movie they had the actor who played the young cop. According to him, the director just told everyone to be someone else. He told the actor playing the medical examiner to be Columbo.

lol, that was the worst Columbo impression I've ever heard. But that's a cool story and a lot of the stuff in the movie makes more sense now.

Also, Final Justice is just starting on the Foreverathon.

"Ooh, I wish I was illiterate so I didn't have to read that."

E:

apparently Final Justice is so mean because Joe Don Baker took offense at the jokes in Mitchell and said if he ever met the MST3K guys, he was going to beat them up. So they decided to triple down and the result is Final Justice.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Mar 6, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

apparently Final Justice is so mean because Joe Don Baker took offense at the jokes in Mitchell and said if he ever met the MST3K guys, he was going to beat them up. So they decided to triple down and the result is Final Justice.

And apparently everything was mostly blown out of proportion. It wasn't so much Baker suddenly decided the cow town puppet show was his mortal enemy, it was people kept pestering him about it but the Brains didn't know that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Final Justice is a really mean movie so it makes sense.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dawgstar posted:

And apparently everything was mostly blown out of proportion. It wasn't so much Baker suddenly decided the cow town puppet show was his mortal enemy, it was people kept pestering him about it but the Brains didn't know that.

Well, at least we got a really funny episode out of it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Final Justice is a really mean movie so it makes sense.

Yeah Sheriff Geronimo is like the stereotypical ugly American. Just stomping all over the place, insulting their culture and just killing whoever.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The Rifftrax is I'd say only marginally kinder.

"He looks like Woody from Toy Story wished to be a real boy on a monkey's paw."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah Sheriff Geronimo is like the stereotypical ugly American. Just stomping all over the place, insulting their culture and just killing whoever.

:tfrxmas: "all right, now stop sleeping with Davey Johnstone."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

NOT FOR ANY PRICE.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Horror of Party Beach makes a bold move right out of the gate by introducing its first two characters as they're in the middle of an acrimonious breakup (And who don't make sense as a couple to begin with.)

;-* "Hey handsome, what's the fastest way to get to New York?"
"Rocket car." :smug:

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 6, 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

He says the food is good, and the portions are generous.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JethroMcB posted:

Horror of Party Beach makes a bold move right out of the gate by introducing its first two characters as they're in the middle of an acrimonious breakup (And who don't make sense as a couple to begin with.)

That movie is so god drat good.

I mean, the episode. The movie is godawful.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Just found out that the actors playing Hank and Elaine were real-life brother and sister, which makes that aspect of the film grosser but also more coherent ("Oh, THAT is why they have no chemistry")

Still want to know why Elaine was so poorly dubbed, though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So what is additional dialogue anyway?
Oh things like "hey you!", "get off that!" and "why not?"

E:

JethroMcB posted:

Just found out that the actors playing Hank and Elaine were real-life brother and sister, which makes that aspect of the film grosser but also more coherent ("Oh, THAT is why they have no chemistry")

Still want to know why Elaine was so poorly dubbed, though.

Well the resemblance is definitely obvious in retrospect. Somehow I never noticed before she's dubbed though, but now it's equally obvious :psyduck:

E2:

I had a generally positive impression of white people until this movie...

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 6, 2024

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
SoOodium!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Thanks for coming out to help me. My pipe's stuck in my mouth."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The incredible, HORRIBLE Mr. Limpet.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

This is going straight up my nose…

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Has anyone mentioned this year's Rifftrax Live is on Kickstarter? They're doing Point Break and they already hit their goal.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Has anyone mentioned this year's Rifftrax Live is on Kickstarter? They're doing Point Break and they already hit their goal.

Indeed I saw somebody say they 'jumped the shark' because Point Break is a good* movie and they can't do good movies blah blah blah. They've done, mileage varying, three really good movies off the top of my head with Casablanca, Jaws and Charade featuring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant plus probably others I can't remember and they were all funny.

*Although I think perhaps 'good' is confused with 'fun' which I'd agree with the latter.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Dawgstar posted:

Indeed I saw somebody say they 'jumped the shark' because Point Break is a good* movie and they can't do good movies blah blah blah. They've done, mileage varying, three really good movies off the top of my head with Casablanca, Jaws and Charade featuring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant plus probably others I can't remember and they were all funny.

*Although I think perhaps 'good' is confused with 'fun' which I'd agree with the latter.
Mike already did Point Break as a solo riff in the early days of Rifftrax, so I guess they jumped the shark all the way back in October 2006.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

This is going straight up my nose…

Guess what I've been doing!

e: oh god, now that I really look at the freeze frame, it doesn't look like white powder like I always assumed :cry:

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 7, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DMorbid posted:

Mike already did Point Break as a solo riff in the early days of Rifftrax, so I guess they jumped the shark all the way back in October 2006.

Yeah, and he revisited Road House with Kevin and Bill after a solo riff and it was very funny so I have no reason to think Point Break won't be the same.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

There's been a walnut uprising.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It nearly knocked my glasses off!

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Watched The Incredible Melting Man at work today and was struggling to not laugh too much. Also it was one of those VHS rips that had all the commercial breaks (for Down Periscope, Happy Gilmore, and The Birdcage). What a trip.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In something I learned today, the Director of Photography for Touch of Satan also did Blade Runner. That's on the level of the same guy doing Cool as Ice, becoming Spielberg's go-to guy going on to do and Schindler's List, etc.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
I've wanted to watch one of those director's editions or whatever of Touch of Satan where you see a better transfer, because I always have been curious about how the exterior shots looked interesting, but the transfer they had for that episode was loving awful.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This is one great Hotel 6!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Sourdough Sam posted:

The Birdcage

Now there's a movie I'd love to see someone riff.

I loving love that movie so much.