Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

Unlocks tonight at midnight.

going to bed early tonight and waking up early tomorrow like it's Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

going to wait on this one. it'll be summer before i finish infinite wealth and i think i'll at least get act 2 of dq11 through before i pick up another game.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Half day tomorrow and Friday off hype

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll be destroying my sleep cycle to hang out with the Gang.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

my game came in this afternoon Lol.

thanks to dendy, for good sig

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

going to bed early tonight and waking up early tomorrow like it's Christmas

you should stay up late and play final fantasy 7 rebirth

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I'm gonna be asleep before midnight because I can't hang no more and then I'm waking up at the time I would normally get up for work and instead commuting to Kalm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I did this for 2 hours ftw. God I already love it. Excited to try out all the new chars and move sets and materia and find all kinds of goofy freaks to beat up.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
chadleh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's such bullshit that I have to be at work.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

It's such bullshit that I have to be at work.

if this didn't happen to me every day i'd've finished infinite wealth by now and would be hanging on the beach checking out tifa's bikini,

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
even cloud had to get a job after final fantasy 7

----------------

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

between the end of the first protorelic questline and the beginning of the second im now dedicated to hunting these things down the frame i reach a new zone

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

between the end of the first protorelic questline and the beginning of the second im now dedicated to hunting these things down the frame i reach a new zone

got the first one and nutted.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just finished Chapter 1. Loving it. Especially the little teases of all the new material we will be getting part 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got to explore a little outside kalm before I had to leave for work and I'm hype as gently caress. Game looks gorgeous and I like all the tweaks they've shown so far to levelling & party skills.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The stop aura counter that Aerith gets is fuckin awesome

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Well, this card game storyline suddenly took a turn.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Kongming posted:

Well, this card game storyline suddenly took a turn.

they had so much fun with this game it owns. nothings allowed to be normal

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

The stop aura counter that Aerith gets is fuckin awesome

All of Aerith's new skills are really good and fun to use. She was easily the most boring character to play as in Remake so I'm glad they made these changes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Feel like barret needs a similar glow up now. He was most fun with melee weapons, hope he has those later again.

It's cool though bc between the rest of the gang there's still many combos that are a blast to play so I haven't gotten close to trying them all substantially. Just started chapter 4, the chapter 3 boss was awesome.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I’m still trying to get the hang of synchronize skills, I forget to use them a lot except for the ones that get you airborne or shore up your defenses. I bet there’s some sick strats with the counter and charge ones which so far I’ve only managed to trigger accidentally while guarding

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sleng Teng posted:

I’m still trying to get the hang of synchronize skills, I forget to use them a lot except for the ones that get you airborne or shore up your defenses. I bet there’s some sick strats with the counter and charge ones which so far I’ve only managed to trigger accidentally while guarding

every time I remember to use Power Cleave or Spell Blade I end the fight even faster than usual

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

questing outside junon and got enough materia & bangles to specialize my teammates

Cloud: item guy
Red XIII: block and parry guy
Aerith: magician
Barret: heals & buffs
Tifa: ATB battery & speed demon

thoughts? You like? The protorelic story here is wild and now I'm hype to see the rest of them bc they could just be friggin anything.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wish I could deepen my relationship with Toby...

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

Wish I could deepen my relationship with Toby...

This was what I thought of while at the Crow's Nest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Rh3PbnAdw

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

questing outside junon and got enough materia & bangles to specialize my teammates

Cloud: item guy
Red XIII: block and parry guy
Aerith: magician
Barret: heals & buffs
Tifa: ATB battery & speed demon

thoughts? You like? The protorelic story here is wild and now I'm hype to see the rest of them bc they could just be friggin anything.

I tend to keep a healing materia on everyone and then make sure I have all the elements covered across my current team rather than doing roles. The ATB skills that let you use an elemental attack for free are nice but only for quick encounters since they don't build bars for synergy abilities. I also quite like the Item Economizer materia or whatever it's called that lets you use an item for no ATB cost.

Red XIII now has an ability that hastes the entire party which is pretty awesome so I'm keeping him around more. I might be crazy but I feel like casting Haste costs more MP than in Remake and it's harder to keep up, but it is a pretty busted buff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

This was what I thought of while at the Crow's Nest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Rh3PbnAdw

Lmfao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Kongming posted:

I tend to keep a healing materia on everyone and then make sure I have all the elements covered across my current team rather than doing roles. The ATB skills that let you use an elemental attack for free are nice but only for quick encounters since they don't build bars for synergy abilities. I also quite like the Item Economizer materia or whatever it's called that lets you use an item for no ATB cost.

Red XIII now has an ability that hastes the entire party which is pretty awesome so I'm keeping him around more. I might be crazy but I feel like casting Haste costs more MP than in Remake and it's harder to keep up, but it is a pretty busted buff.

this level of preparation is good and you'll probably get more consistent results but I feel like I end up brute forcing every fight by juggling enemies with Cloud's Firebolt Blade, or if they're weak to ice, Snow Flurry chains between targets and keeps your ATB going. I end up going like 100 ft in the air every battle

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Dunno how I feel about stagger not resetting on boss phase changes any more. It was pretty stupid that in Remake you'd generally trigger a phase change the moment the stagger bar is about to fill unless you focused on pressuring it, but in Rebirth I think bosses just loving explode once they're staggered. Gives me FFXVI vibes and makes some bosses feel anticlimactic.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I like it better this way, but it does seem like there could be a middle ground.

...but is it art?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

every time i play this i end up saying "this game was made by insane people" to myself at least once. how is there so much

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This game is insane and wildly exceeded my already high expectations

Final Fantasy rules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the only thing I don't like so far is how much Chadley and Mai talk. God especially the enemy intrl narrations from Mai when it's just 100% noise since im trying to learn the new fight.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

I think the only thing I don't like so far is how much Chadley and Mai talk. God especially the enemy intrl narrations from Mai when it's just 100% noise since im trying to learn the new fight.

Chadley created a female Chadley for no reason.

----------------

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

Talking to Chadley when I'm locked out of doing world intel due to plot reasons and then he complains that I'm not doing world intel. Little loving prick.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

lol and they are so loving loud on the controller speakers too. Had to switch that posthaste

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sleng Teng posted:

lol and they are so loving loud on the controller speakers too. Had to switch that posthaste

Oh man it comes out of the controllers too??? We muted that poo poo completely when we were playing the yuffie DLC, my wife didn't know the sound sometimes shoots out from the controller and the first time it blasted the Happy Turtle jingle she screamed and tossed the dualshock

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

In Training posted:

Oh man it comes out of the controllers too??? We muted that poo poo completely when we were playing the yuffie DLC, my wife didn't know the sound sometimes shoots out from the controller and the first time it blasted the Happy Turtle jingle she screamed and tossed the dualshock

lol

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Lmao