Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1765619103849476172

I love these goobers so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

"For shoot"

Nick's delivery on anything is always great

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Poor Best Friends...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Shinjobi posted:

"For shoot"

Nick's delivery on anything is always great

Nick has the best comedic deadpan delivery

I also love how Matt keeps calling Okada a "good kid" when Okada is the same age as Matt and older than Nick

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

If Twitch counts as social media, Kenny Omega is streaming Street Fighter 6 with Jebailey and Michael Nakazawa:

https://twitch.tv/thecleanerscorner

If Twitch does not count as social media, disregard this post.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/rushtoroblanco/status/1765950640688120211

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Rush is a real one for this.

I cried when I found out. RIP Toriyama-Sensei.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the best

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Majinfoose posted:

And this is how I find out :( . loving hell, Dragon Ball Z is THE show that got me hooked on anime, RIP.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Germansimp posted:

And this is how I find out :( . loving hell, Dragon Ball Z is THE show that got me hooked on anime, RIP.

I follow a Spanish language DBZ account on instagram and when I saw Toriyama's picture and got the gest of the text I said "oh no", confirmed the information, and cried. I have a wall of Dragon Ball stuff. It's been one of my favorite things since childhood. Didn't know this would hit me so hard.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I don’t think you guys understand how deeply ingrained the love for Dragon Ball is in Mexico.

Small cities would have illegal streams set up to watch new episodes of Super on for a whole town to watch

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I don’t think you guys understand how deeply ingrained the love for Dragon Ball is in Mexico.

Small cities would have illegal streams set up to watch new episodes of Super on for a whole town to watch

This kinda puts into context why food trucks randomly have Goku on them

rip

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Dragon Ball is like an unofficial religion in Mexico, along with SNK arcades.

For the final Goku vs Jiren fight, Mexico City was begged by Suheisha to not broadcast it for free in plazas and arenas for the public to watch since it was uncertain if the show was going to continue.

When Toonami would repeat DBZ from the beginning after Goku landed on Namek I would flip to TV Azteca or Univision, or Telemundo to watch episodes THAT HAD NEVER aired in America and be so lost cause it was so far ahead. It's also how I learned that the music played in the American version was absolute dog poo poo.

Rush is a good dad. There's going to be a lot of sad luchadors for a while.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Jiro posted:

Dragon Ball is like an unofficial religion in Mexico, along with SNK arcades.

For the final Goku vs Jiren fight, Mexico City was begged by Suheisha to not broadcast it for free in plazas and arenas for the public to watch since it was uncertain if the show was going to continue.

When Toonami would repeat DBZ from the beginning after Goku landed on Namek I would flip to TV Azteca or Univision, or Telemundo to watch episodes THAT HAD NEVER aired in America and be so lost cause it was so far ahead. It's also how I learned that the music played in the American version was absolute dog poo poo.

Rush is a good dad. There's going to be a lot of sad luchadors for a while.

Yeah, I saw the whole Cell arc on Telemundo with understanding broken Spanish. The Spanish dub will always hold a place in my heart.

God I hate the funi dub.

Rush's kid is gonna be cool as hell

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

ARMBAR A COP posted:

An enormous crowd of Mexicans chanting Frieza's name as he saves the universe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-X6SMSn8cw&t=594s

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Acknowledging their emperor, as they should be. :smug:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Sammy and Rush will do fusion dance.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The Faulconer music is perfectly over the top melodrama for the show it belongs to, in a way that makes the exact same sense as poo poo like My Way being part of one of wrestling's greatest video packages

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

lol “why are your friends on the dark web”

https://twitter.com/5CornersxSmootx/status/1766092898800402653

What a buffoon

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
it's a real bummer how often people get fired up over something that legit sucks, like child trafficking, in totally insane ways like whatever holebrained bullshit Kelly is on about*. may he rest in piss

*so many students want to write essays about that poo poo every semester

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Ganso Bomb posted:

lol “why are your friends on the dark web”

https://twitter.com/5CornersxSmootx/status/1766092898800402653

What a buffoon

Lol the "curiosity" really made me chuckle

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Majinfoose posted:

Yeah, I saw the whole Cell arc on Telemundo with understanding broken Spanish. The Spanish dub will always hold a place in my heart.

God I hate the funi dub.

Rush's kid is gonna be cool as hell

:same:, around the time Toonami finally got new eps past the Ginyu Force my older brother and I found a real awful stream on EcuadorMedia.com or something like that where they were already up to the Buu saga. Had no clue what was going on and had to wait through lots of buffering but I got to watch Goku vs Majin Vegeta years before my friends :black101:

:rip: Toriyama

RUSH rules and I hope he gets more time to shine in AEW this year

Edit: sorry that Kevin Kelly developed donkeybrains, hate to see it but lol get hosed

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 8, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

Rush is just like us

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SnyXfvCCGo

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

One of my treasured memories and an absolutely formative part of my childhood was raiding my brother's VHS stash. He would always pick up anime I had never heard of, and it's how I watched Trigun while my parents were out of the house. One time I saw a Dragon Ball Z tape, and it turned out to be an fan subbed episode during the Cell Saga explaining Cell's regeneration. I remember the shot of what looked like a little green brain and a speech about the "nucleus" surviving. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Weeks, if not months later that episode aired in the US, and I remember seeing that same shot of the green brain and getting so excited, only to be let down when the English version didn't mention the nucleus regenerating at all!

Now I collect blank tapes and do wild CRT experiments all day.

I wasn't expecting this to hit as hard as it did. I've been crying on-and-off all morning.

RUSH owns. DBZ owns.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I watched DBZ back in the day and thought it was pretty cool. I even bought one of those button up shirts with a bunch of angry super Saiyans on it.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

It looked like this

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

"sandman in a goku shirt" would be a good username imo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sandman from ECW posted:

It looked like this

I had this poster on my wall. Got it from Hot Topic in 2002.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Shard posted:

Holy poo poo my brother had that one too!! That's a hell of a memory being unlocked.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

One of my treasured memories and an absolutely formative part of my childhood was raiding my brother's VHS stash. He would always pick up anime I had never heard of, and it's how I watched Trigun while my parents were out of the house. One time I saw a Dragon Ball Z tape, and it turned out to be an fan subbed episode during the Cell Saga explaining Cell's regeneration. I remember the shot of what looked like a little green brain and a speech about the "nucleus" surviving. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Weeks, if not months later that episode aired in the US, and I remember seeing that same shot of the green brain and getting so excited, only to be let down when the English version didn't mention the nucleus regenerating at all!

Now I collect blank tapes and do wild CRT experiments all day.

I wasn't expecting this to hit as hard as it did. I've been crying on-and-off all morning.

RUSH owns. DBZ owns.

I'm with you Erin.
Funnily enough, I got into the Japanese dub due to a bootleg VHS copy of the movies that had a lot of cussing in the subtitles and I thought it was hella better then the censored (and often incomplete) English dub.

Sandman from ECW posted:

It looked like this

God I want one of these so bad

I have this really weird poster from 1999 that is holographic and it makes very little sense

Majinfoose fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 8, 2024

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I am very very sad about Toriyama. His work has been such a big part of my life and I hope he knew even a little of how important he was to so many.

But also, I cannot stop laughing at Kevin Kelly getting himself fired by being the dumbest idiot.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Iirc there was a story that said cartel activity went down noticeably whenever new episodes of super would get released

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Majinfoose posted:

I'm with you Erin.
Funnily enough, I got into the Japanese dub due to a bootleg VHS copy of the movies that had a lot of cussing in the subtitles and I thought it was hella better then the censored (and often incomplete) English dub.

My brother would later get one of those tapes too, and it was the one where Kid Trunks would taunt what I think was a resurrected (but bright pink) Hitler with "Oh, you're so scary, I'm gonna pee my pants!" :allears: One hell of a thing to run into while borrowing the TV in my parents' room since I didn't have one of my own. I've never rewatched that movie even though I could easily figure out which it was nowadays. It's funnier this way.

I remember scouring rental stores looking for an uncut VHS release of the episode where Krillin explodes because my brother swore up and down it was cut down in the US for being too violent.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Shard posted:

Poster? Real ones had wall scrolls.

Was lucky enough to have a store down the street from me in the late 90's/early 2000's that got a lot of Japanese imports and bootleg subbed DBZ tapes. I remember getting a Goku action figure that you could swap the different super saiyan heads (1, 2 , 3), while the American dub was still in the Namek time loop.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

My brother would later get one of those tapes too, and it was the one where Kid Trunks would taunt what I think was a resurrected (but bright pink) Hitler with "Oh, you're so scary, I'm gonna pee my pants!" :allears: One hell of a thing to run into while borrowing the TV in my parents' room since I didn't have one of my own. I've never rewatched that movie even though I could easily figure out which it was nowadays. It's funnier this way.

That was the Fusion Reborn movie. It's the same one that introduces Gogeta, and still holds up pretty well if you're looking for some DBZ to watch.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 8, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh I also did tape trading in high school. I remember watching the broly movies, unsubbed and just loving every second of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

also when I was really into DBZ but funimation hadn't started the cell saga yet on tv - I had gone online and downloaded a ton of pictures from DBZ and printed them out, greyscale, and put them on my wall. I mean my entire wall covered with like 200 printed out pictures. I remember seeing Super Vegeta and ssj Trunks and being like don't know who these guys are but they look cool as hell.