Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
when are they going to add pegging?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hmm

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Non Compos Mentis posted:

jenga, op

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

try Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics op.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

wizard2 posted:

havent tried, but I guess you can set your region to Japan on nintendo.com and you can get the Mother 3 icons but it clears your wallet and breaks your icon collection if you move your region out of Japan

They fixed it so this doesn't break your stuff anymore. You still have to set your region to Japan to get the icons though.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

It's already there, you just need to unlock the "chardonnay" build tree

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Tato posted:

They fixed it so this doesn't break your stuff anymore. You still have to set your region to Japan to get the icons though.

Nice. :negative: is mine at last

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

man and i just changed my icon to the smug baby yoshi, oh well time to go get :negative:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is it simple to change your region? It’s just in the settings?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

MAR10 sales looking hilariously crappy as usual.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

RCarr posted:

Is it simple to change your region? It’s just in the settings?

You have to change it on your actual Nintendo account, not the Switch itself. It's easy enough on the website, unless you have auto-renew for Switch Online turned on, in which case you have to turn that off first. You can switch it right back to your normal region after getting the icons.

VVVV
No. In typical Nintendo fashion, you can't just take all the actions needed for this on your Switch or your PC. You have to use both.

1. Change the region of your Nintendo account on your PC or Mobile
2. Log into the Switch Online app on your Switch and download the Mother 3 icons
3. Change the region of your Nintendo account back on your PC or mobile.

The switch will make you re-login to your Nintendo account each time you change for extra fun.

Tato fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 7, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

you can buy icons on the website?

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

Changing the region on your account forfeits your gold coins and maybe vouchers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sakurazuka posted:

The PC I have that is the closest I could describe as current is still on Windows 7 but I have turned it on 5 times in the last six years and I dunno if it even still works.

I have a PC sitting in my closet that has Windows 7 on it and I think the PC was put together in 2011 or 2012. Even ignoring the various never-getting-fixed security flaws in Windows 7, even if you think Windows 11 sucks Windows 10 was just better than 7. I kinda regret putting Windows 11 on the PC I built last year but it replaced a 6.5 year old machine and ultimately is fine.

Besides, if someone's going to die on a hill for an outdated Windows OS they should at least pick the obvious choice of Windows XP. :colbert:

lines posted:

Can you imagine if it was running Windows? Horrifying thought.

You can install Windows on it and by all accounts it's fine. I think the ROG Ally and a few others natively use Windows as well.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

kidfresca posted:

Changing the region on your account forfeits your gold coins and maybe vouchers.

You and Tato need to have words and report back to us. Snatching the Mother 3 icons is either harmless fancy or a dagger to the Switch's heart.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I grabbed the icons earlier, when I switched back regions my gold points were all still there. Can’t speak for vouchers.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

kidfresca posted:

sounds like the people trying to cheat the system reap what they sow

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Pleasantly surprised to see the Star Wars battlefront colllection is only thirty some bucks. Definitely buying

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

symbolic posted:

sounds like the people trying to cheat the system reap what they sow

i would never cheat nintendo out of what they have earned.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So like what if we are cursed and switch two is amazing but needs proprietary TV's to dock with?

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 8, 2024

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I would never cut my Switch 2 for free TVs, the Switch 2 is the only TV I need.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
got my :negative: yay

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i would like to buy the mother 3 icons but I don't want lucas to destroy my switch games console

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I didn’t lose any platinum or gold points or gently caress anything up switching back and forth. But Nintendo knows. And they never forget.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Tato posted:

No. In typical Nintendo fashion, you can't just take all the actions needed for this on your Switch or your PC. You have to use both.

1. Change the region of your Nintendo account on your PC or Mobile
2. Log into the Switch Online app on your Switch and download the Mother 3 icons
3. Change the region of your Nintendo account back on your PC or mobile.

The switch will make you re-login to your Nintendo account each time you change for extra fun.

this is my favourite post on the citadel

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Tato posted:

I didn’t lose any platinum or gold points or gently caress anything up switching back and forth. But Nintendo knows. And they never forget.

:ohdear:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Unfortunately Nintendo main consoles follow the Star Trek movie rule so Switch 2 is gonna be, uh *checks notes* really backwards compatible

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

they'll see all the western people getting the mother 3 icons and finally release it!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Still nothing on the physical cart for tomb raider front, eh?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Tato posted:

Okay, I went through the process and the only hitch was that you cannot carry a dollar balance while swapping your account to another region. Upgraded from the Pocket Card Jockey demo to full game, check and mate Wintendo.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Soul Dentist posted:

Unfortunately Nintendo main consoles follow the Star Trek movie rule so Switch 2 is gonna be, uh *checks notes* really backwards compatible

Looking forward to Nintendo Switch: The Search for Luigi.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

If I ever go to Japan I promise the thread I will find a Nintendo employee at somepoint and shake them by the shoulders demanding Mother 3.

:toxx:

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Mr.Acula posted:

If I ever go to Japan I promise the thread I will find a Nintendo employee at somepoint and shake them by the shoulders demanding Mother 3.

Im in for $10 in the gofundme for that.

Edit: Also more amiibo reprints got released today and there appear to be more coming including Cloud P2.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Evil Fluffy posted:

You can install Windows on it and by all accounts it's fine. I think the ROG Ally and a few others natively use Windows as well.

It's really not, the Deck thread is full of people saying the first thing they'll do is install windows and within a week they're back to SteamOS because Windows on these handheld PCs is so miserable to navigate.

they'll see all the western people getting the mother 3 icons and finally release it!

They'll see me refusing to ever change my Marina icon and rest safe knowing it's not important.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Unicorn Overlord is strangely addictive. I keep just going "just one little liberation, then I stop" and then it's suddenly 1 am again.

I'll also like how the demo is just the game, but with a time limit. I was halfway through the first major story goal when suddenly a timer appeared, ticking down the last minutes. That's when I realized that I already had the full game in my hand. So in theory, you could try doing a speedrun of the game with just the demo. (Disclaimer: There could be other stopping points later, as I sadly did not make it past the first continent before my timer ran out.)

But I'll definitely buy this game, as it's the kind of strategy RPG I like. The very first time the game combined two units with complementary weak points and strengths to make me think harder, I made this decision. "This game gets me", I thought, watching my griffon rider die horribly.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mr.Acula posted:

I will be there to protect that Nintendo employee

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

wizard2 posted:

I will be there to protect that Nintendo employee

Thank you for protecting my uncle :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

What's the best offline co-op game for two Nintendo Switches? My spouse and I have a long flight coming up.

Back in the day it we used to play Torchlight 2 on airplanes, but it's been a few years so I thought I'd ask the thread what's new. :)

edit: Diablo 3 has local co-op, right?

smoobles fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 8, 2024