Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

my God, the bug spawn rates are too crazy, even on 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

hiddenriverninja posted:

Some stratagems can harm more than one bug.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
we all called in mechs because why not and they all immediately got blown up by rocket devastators lol

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

hiddenriverninja posted:

Playing bots last night it feels like they really buffed spawn numbers, which may have been because we were also getting shelled constantly and not calmly picking them off. It was pretty cool.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm really disappointed that the HE barrage at the start didn't blow the guy up while he was saluting.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Turin Turambar posted:

The game seems to have some weird inconsistent damage bugs. Here a player tries the railgun vs titans, and it changes a lot... depending if he plays with a ps5 player or not!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWQxg5mIzT8&t=610s
I haven't had the chance to watch the video yet but I've definitely heard about the PS5 thing before, and glad that someone dug into it because as a PC player that does a lot of solo testing I've never managed to kill a bile titan with railgun headshots in a reasonable amount of shots.

johnny park posted:

Anyone have any tips for dealing with detector towers? Assaulting them is always a really grueling and reinforcement-costly process. Can you snipe the eye with an RR or anything?
I wait for the tower detection beam to sweep past, then I sprint up to the base of the hill it's always on and throw a 500kg bomb beacon at the base.

Captainicus posted:

I also tested something with the incendiary grenade: the puddles of fire it leaves on the floor do not even kill a tiny scavenger bug. They catch fire but it wears off in a couple seconds without killing them. I don't think the incendiary grenade is very good.
It definitely used to kill scavengers if they even got touched by the flame so I wonder if they broke it by accident lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Turin Turambar posted:

Another curious bug. That's me on the water, the water hurt me until the hp you can see, but somehow I'm not totally dead... except part of the game says I'm dead, because I can spectate the other players with the A/D keys. And other parts of the game believe I'm alive, because I can't respawn.

:/
i had this happen to a teammate yesterday, i had to fire at all sorts of weird angles to score a hit to kill them and bring em back

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Astrochicken posted:

meteors sure are a thing.
i was expecting giant fireballs from space, exploding ice is boring :mad:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Turin Turambar posted:

Another curious bug. That's me on the water, the water hurt me until the hp you can see, but somehow I'm not totally dead... except part of the game says I'm dead, because I can spectate the other players with the A/D keys. And other parts of the game believe I'm alive, because I can't respawn.

This happened to two people in my team last night, swimming is definitely buggy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

Playing bots last night it feels like they really buffed spawn numbers, which may have been because we were also getting shelled constantly and not calmly picking them off. It was pretty cool.
i did one of the kill-X-on-the-extract bot missions this morning on 4 and the number of dropships in the air was completely nuts. it actually ruled but if i didn't have my GL we would have straight up run out of reinforcements 'cos everyone else was packing railguns and poo poo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

i was expecting giant fireballs from space, exploding ice is boring :mad:

You can get fireballs, it depends on the planet.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The mechs are in the same area as sentries buffs, anyone have the +50% ammo capacity upgrade and can confirm their mech still has 1000 rounds or 1500?

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Water is undemocratic, I never touch the stuff. It pulls down honest helldivers feet and prevents them from diving for liberty.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

speaking of dropships, is it actually even worth shooting them down? I call down an EAT the instant I see a flare go up, and usually score a hit before the bots start dropping, but then they end up on the ground walking and shooting just fine :\

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

You can get fireballs, it depends on the planet.
good

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Turin Turambar posted:

I had this bug as well. I wonder if it happens because of the armor fix lowering the damage of drowning :D

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

For anyone wondering, the Mech has a level 25 requirement along with the 20k RP

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Seems servers are down. I literally had a mission crash while extracting. Restarted the game now I've been in a queue for 10 minutes.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

speaking of dropships, is it actually even worth shooting them down? I call down an EAT the instant I see a flare go up, and usually score a hit before the bots start dropping, but then they end up on the ground walking and shooting just fine :\

Bring a grenade launcher & shell the underside before the bots deploy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

Bring a grenade launcher & shell the underside before the bots deploy.
I did try to do that at one point but kept whiffing so I just switched to firing grenades at their landing spot instead, seemed to work pretty good

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

nexus6 posted:

Seems servers are down. I literally had a mission crash while extracting. Restarted the game now I've been in a queue for 10 minutes.

Yeah I logged on to check the level requirement for the mech and was not able to get in at all. Servers are definitely down/sorta down atm.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I like that the exosuit release was tied to securing Tien Kwan but I wonder what the devs would have done if it didn't get done in a timely manner

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

nexus6 posted:

This doesn't surprise me, I expect the servers are being :goon:ed to death once everyone heard the mechs are available.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Online players peak causing outage because the mech news?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

It's supposed to fall and land on the bots it dropped. I believe it used to be pretty close to 100% consistent and now it seems much less frequent. Dunno if it's a bug or a purposeful change.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Internet Explorer posted:

It's supposed to fall and land on the bots it dropped. I believe it used to be pretty close to 100% consistent and now it seems much less frequent. Dunno if it's a bug or a purposeful change.

I've seen that happen but I've also seen it just vanish like someone deleted it.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, the vanish bit makes me think it's a bug.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ciaphas posted:

I like that the exosuit release was tied to securing Tien Kwan but I wonder what the devs would have done if it didn't get done in a timely manner

I honestly assume they have been tipping the scales the whole time when they do stuff like this.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Ciaphas posted:

forget the railgun, the GL just seems to do everything and anything short of killing hulks

GL + supply pack against bots, AC against bugs seems to be my emerging MO

(e) this is on 4 or 5 difficulty lest anyone take this as sage advice lol
One advantage the AC has over the GL for bots is that it can destroy factories (if you got a good angle on the vents), anti-air guns and mortar emplacements from like a kilometer away, which is pretty huge.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Now I want a hand held minigun with its own ammo backpack.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

nexus6 posted:

Yup. RIP

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

mechsuit too stronk, blew up the servers

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ciaphas posted:

mechsuit too stronk, blew up the servers

Finally, Super Earth is safe forever

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

BadLlama posted:

The mechs are in the same area as sentries buffs, anyone have the +50% ammo capacity upgrade and can confirm their mech still has 1000 rounds or 1500?

1000, good try though.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

BadLlama posted:

i'm pretty sure i have the sentry upgrade and the robot i called in only had 1k bullets

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Compared to earlier days, a lot of the time my view of dropships is "Huh, empty. did they already drop stuff?" and then like magic it starts raining bots from it. So another reason to feel justified in no longer bothering with the EAT on top of debuffs hitting them worse than other support weapons.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I've seen that happen so rarely that I hardly bother anymore unless my sentry does the work for me. They go off course so much that on tight maps it's just as likely to land on you instead of them.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I swear that weird PS5 railgun interaction is insane. I've had games where I one tap bile titans left and right ( I posted a video like that ) and others where they take 3-4 hits to the same spots to go down.

Does this also exist with chargers? I've had instances where you can use the charged railgun and 2 hit the legs for the armour strip post change, and sometimes it takes 5 hits to the same place and they simply keel over and die before showing the orange bits :confused:

Ciaphas posted:

forget the railgun, the GL just seems to do everything and anything short of killing hulks

GL + supply pack against bots, AC against bugs seems to be my emerging MO

(e) this is on 4 or 5 difficulty lest anyone take this as sage advice lol

GL is a solid option regardless of difficulty. You can 3 hit chargers from the front if you can bounce the grenade underneath and up into the abdomen.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the robots are fun because they can crush the little bugs by walking on them but they are probably going to be totally useless on bot missions and any planets that have meteors and the ammo capacity makes them pretty limited in how useful they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Risky Bisquick posted:

GL is a solid option regardless of difficulty. You can 3 hit chargers from the front if you can bounce the grenade underneath and up into the abdomen.

This is gonna be another dumb PS5 difficulty thing isn't it - I swear chargers take way longer to kill sometimes with grenade launchers and flamethrowers.