Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

one of my fave gaming moments ever was in the first stalker. You’re fighting your way through this spooky haunted sewer against mutant enemies who do psychic attacks on you. Then you finally escape the tunnels but you’re inside an enemy base pinned down by a sniper. And you’re out of ammo!! It was so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Alright, thanks for the inputs! Something to think about.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

stalker will beat your rear end like a drum and it owns

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

one of my fave gaming moments ever was in the first stalker. You’re fighting your way through this spooky haunted sewer against mutant enemies who do psychic attacks on you. Then you finally escape the tunnels but you’re inside an enemy base pinned down by a sniper. And you’re out of ammo!! It was so cool.

There's also when you start getting decent weapons and think you're starting to be in a roll just to get absolutely destroyed by a mutant just for being cocky.

I'm not the biggest STALKER fan but I sure do love diving in from time to time for some cheeky breeky

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Guillermus posted:

cheeky breeky

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

stalker will beat your rear end like a drum and it owns

No auto-save is so funny

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

No auto-save is so funny
I checked my saves after playing for like 2 hours yesterday and it said "autosave - beginning of the game 01 05 2012"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The game still looks great tbh. The character models are a bit weak but everything else still looks nice. The lighting is so good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I like how your dude can run about 50 miles an hour lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The game still looks great tbh. The character models are a bit weak but everything else still looks nice. The lighting is so good.

I have huge nostalgia for this exact fidelity of graphics. Freedom Fighters, BLACK. No game ever needs to look better than this.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

American McGay posted:

I have huge nostalgia for this exact fidelity of graphics. Freedom Fighters, BLACK. No game ever needs to look better than this.

And no game ever has

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I loved Freedom Fighters as a young man. Absolutely enamored by its total package. Amazing game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

agree

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is the WWE 2K series good?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I said come in! posted:

Absolutely not. I think it's supposed to be better than the garbage fire from like 2018 that got the franchise canceled for a year, but it's not a game that one would appreciate if you aren't a wrestling fan and really want to hit someone with a chair and then get bugged to the top of the arena for the rest of the match.

The AEW game is better, but really bare bones and absolutely not worth 70 bux. But at least it works.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

I said come in! posted:

It's fun to mess around with on a deep sale. It's not like a fifa game where having the newest game makes more sense. The community creations online have everything you could want to download and those servers stay up for like 3 years or something. So buying not the new one but the year before would be fine.

e- I got one of them awhile back for like 10 bucks and it was fun to do online tag matches with a friend and goofy create a wrestlers.

1glitch0 posted:

The AEW game is better, but really bare bones and absolutely not worth 70 bux. But at least it works.

The AEW game by all accounts i've heard including from a friend sucks dog poo poo and the online is completely kaput.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

There are two prospective audiences for the WWE games.

1) You're a 37 year old man who is really really into professional wrestling (lol)
2) You want to create a bunch of funny/wild characters using the create-a-wrestler feature and then let the AI control them as they fight to the death while you stream the whole thing on Twitch to dozens of viewers.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Seltzer posted:

It's fun to mess around with on a deep sale. It's not like a fifa game where having the newest game makes more sense. The community creations online have everything you could want to download and those servers stay up for like 3 years or something. So buying not the new one but the year before would be fine.

e- I got one of them awhile back for like 10 bucks and it was fun to do online tag matches with a friend and goofy create a wrestlers.

The AEW game by all accounts i've heard including from a friend sucks dog poo poo and the online is completely kaput.

Don't get me wrong, I'd recommend neither. The AEW one seemed to have a lot less frustration and bugs. But I wouldn't say it's worth it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I can't pay licensed wrestling games because they are full of dead people.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I would rather have a remaster of Def Jam: Fight for NY any day of the week. Shout-out to AKI.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

just give me a port of deus ex and I don’t need any more games

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
remasters of ttdlx or homm3 is all I want. Bonus if they are on console too

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

just give me a port of deus ex and I don’t need any more games

you can emulate the ps2 version, it rules

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Seltzer posted:

It’s awful on a fundamental level and feature level. Huge letdown

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

BG3 is giving me an Xbox message about not enough save space. I have it synced to the cloud, and deleted the save on my xbox. But its still giving me the message. It starts to sync, gets to 11% and gives me the same message. Tells me to go to Games and Add-ons and delete some stuff.

What gives?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

American McGay posted:

There are two prospective audiences for the WWE games.

1) You're a 37 year old man who is really really into professional wrestling (lol)
2) You want to create a bunch of funny/wild characters using the create-a-wrestler feature and then let the AI control them as they fight to the death while you stream the whole thing on Twitch to dozens of viewers.

3. You’re both of those things.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Is the Stalker game incredibly slow for everyone else? Game takes a good while just to boot and the loading is exhausting.

edit: Game was installed to external.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 8, 2024

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No auto-save is so funny

Worth noting that you can save scum as much as you want so even if you die a lot it's like dying in say...quake or whatever

Really wish the game had a quick save button though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Beastie posted:

BG3 is giving me an Xbox message about not enough save space. I have it synced to the cloud, and deleted the save on my xbox. But its still giving me the message. It starts to sync, gets to 11% and gives me the same message. Tells me to go to Games and Add-ons and delete some stuff.

What gives?

So how much free space you got? Probably not enough for whatever that update needs.

Might could delete the game and re-install it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So how much free space you got? Probably not enough for whatever that update needs.

Might could delete the game and re-install it.

So it's talking about total ssd space? I was under the impression it was referring to a game cache.

You're correct, thanks. Clearing a few games did allow it to launch, cheers

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
If it's anything like pc you'll want to set a limit to your total number of save games because that poo poo will start eating gigs of space if you save a lot lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beastie posted:

Is the Stalker game incredibly slow for everyone else? Game takes a good while just to boot and the loading is exhausting.

edit: Game was installed to external.

It’s very very fast :cheers:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I don’t got any definitive proof but it def feels to me that backwards compat games load faster on the internal storage rather than an external drive

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The internal drive is gonna be way faster than anything you plug in over USB so that makes sense.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

stalker on xbox? holy poo poo

https://youtu.be/ryjOETx-1p0?si=MX9Tb5cixW8gOZcE

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Beastie posted:

What gives?

I fixed this (not for BG3, Minecraft I think) by doing an actual factory reset after searching for a solution. This isn't as painful as it sounds, you can do a kind of 'soft' reset where your profile remains intact from memory.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://x.com/DragonsDogma/status/1765893831520858558?s=20

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I've been having an issue for months now with my XBox where if I have an update to download it will take far, far, far, far longer than it should.

Usually it will kick off the update, download a few hundred MB, and then stop. Randomly it will download again at far slower than it should (3-5mbps if I'm lucky), before stopping for a large amount of time. So a 60GB update might take more than a day to download. An update of 3GB took over 3 hours last week.

Does anyone know of any fix for this? I'm wired, my NAT is open, I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 based on a post I found, I've hard reset (many times), I've killed all the suspended games, and I did a factory reset. Now it won't even install the store update that is 10MB.

Asnorban fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 8, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the auto-aim in stalker seems totally broken lol, turn that poo poo off asap. Also the DOF when you aim is very annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

you can emulate the ps2 version, it rules

How different is that from the pc version, i heard good things about it and ive been thinking about picking up the disc for shits and giggles