Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

Oh god campaign on this please :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

NYT posted:

America’s Reaganesque Mom: How to Praise Katie Britt, Even Before She Spoke
Talking points from the Alabama senator’s team, helpfully sent out before the State of the Union address, suggested how to extol her delivery of the Republican response.

Jonathan Swan
By Jonathan Swan

March 7, 2024

Senator Katie Britt’s team hoped viewers would see her response to President Biden’s State of the Union as Reaganesque — but also, very maternal.

Before President Biden even arrived at the Capitol on Thursday night, a close ally of the Alabama Republican sent a document of talking points to conservative influencers suggesting words of praise they could offer after Ms. Britt’s speech.

“She came off like America’s mom — she gets it,” the document helpfully suggested. “She’s one of us. That’ll be families’ takeaway watching this.”

But Ms. Britt also came across like Ronald Reagan, it declared. “The conclusion of her border section was a real ‘Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall,’ moment,” another talking point said, referring to Reagan’s historic speech in Berlin.

Ms. Britt, who at 42 is the youngest Republican woman ever elected to the Senate, is on Donald J. Trump’s short list of potential running mates, according to two people with direct knowledge of the list.

The talking points compared her State of the Union response to some of the most famous oratory in American history, calling it “reminiscent of Reagan’s message of that Shining City on a Hill.”

Comparing Ms. Britt to Mr. Biden, the document suggested saying that “it wasn’t just the massive age gap/contrast between the two” but that Ms. Britt “exposed a relatability gap — a truly generational schism.”

Mr. Biden is 81. Mr. Trump is 77.

A spokesman for Ms. Britt did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“His speech was tone deaf,” the talking points declared, before either Mr. Biden or Ms. Britt had uttered a word. “Hers was the perfect pitch.”

:lol:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Manifesto by christofacists is as bad as you’d think

loving Hell :stonk:

"Yeah it should be legal for me to beat my kid and wife, what of it?!"

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

When the Times gets the knives out, it's really over.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

loving Hell :stonk:

"Yeah it should be legal for me to beat my kid and wife, what of it?!"

First time running into this sentiment?

Yeah, abuse is super loving rampant in the christian churches at literally every level and every denomination, and it's normalized to gently caress and back. You'll never guess what the biggest child-training book was in 1994, or who wrote it!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

god that shits so loving weird and desperate.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Three Olives posted:

“She came off like America’s mom — she gets it,” the document helpfully suggested.

"Vote for your mom, 2024" probably isn't the field goal kick they think it is

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Catastrophe posted:

"Vote for your mom, 2024" probably isn't the field goal kick they think it is

I don't think being a mom makes her either relatable, it provides no insight in their competence of being a mother, now how it relates to leading the government.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KjZ7wKYUc

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah idk my mom never uses the weird loving fundie sunday school teacher voice when speaking to me, but, then, she never really spoke to me in the first place because I'm adopted so ymmv

Three Olives posted:

I don't think being a mom makes her either relatable, it provides no insight in their competence of being a mother, now how it relates to leading the government.

It's virtue signalling the christofascists and telling everyone she's one of them. That's it.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

https://twitter.com/kfile/status/1766098563879018761

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
gently caress YOU YOURE NOT MY REAL MOM

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Reminds me of how we got a new executive VP at my work, and whenever we put out a new release or gained a big new customer, he'd make a post on Linkedin and send an email to my entire organization straight-up asking us all to like and comment on it. He even had a good dozen pre-written comments for us to post if we weren't feeling creative! GO TEAM! :nallears:

It was about as successful as his attempt to get us all to return to the office.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Fundie voice. It's a thing.

https://jesspiper.substack.com/p/the-fundie-baby-voice

https://twitter.com/piper4missouri/status/1720927778155995512

Mudlark fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 8, 2024

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mudlark posted:

First time running into this sentiment?

Yeah, abuse is super loving rampant in the christian churches at literally every level and every denomination, and it's normalized to gently caress and back. You'll never guess what the biggest child-training book was in 1994, or who wrote it!

The Bible & God?

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

The Bible & God?

ha ha close

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Train_Up_a_Child

Mudlark fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 8, 2024

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

:barf:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mudlark posted:

They specifically and explicitly want someone like King Solomon again. Nevermind all the biblical poo poo that Solomon did wrong that was directly against God's will, these people really just want to be told what to think, do and speak by people they put their trust in (people who can give off the veneer of success or money since money == goodness in american christian prosperity nonsnse).

when Donald Trump, formerly Manhattan's Horniest Millionaire, ascends to the golden throne of The Holy American Empire as Emperor Donald I in 2025, flawed though he is, he will be an imperfect tool of God and enact The Lord's will by outlawing all recreational sex ever, etc, etc, Gilead, whatever

Counted
Apr 28, 2023
A lot of younger Millennials and Gen Z will not find someone with a huge rear end suburban kitchen and nuclear family "relateable" because we're too busy living in studio apartments that cost 1500+ easy with barely enough counter space to cut an onion and/or renting rooms from private landlords while living paycheck-to-paycheck, even if we're making money that's decent on paper for
once

They're so out of touch lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Like everyone else on the right, she can't act

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Rage Against Irene

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

Like everyone else on the right, she can't act

The right is getting better at acting and it's making lefties nervous

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

That is...a little bit chilling

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Katie Britt loving rules and A24 should scoop her up for their next horror project. She reminds me of Marcia Gay Harden when she played Mrs. Carmody in Stephen King's The Mist. Check it out, exact same vibe.

https://youtu.be/mCiEi8hgbOI?si=cf2KoMqm0PsJVCE0

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

it ain't an act they're really that insane

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

She comes across like a stepford wife fighting to maintain her programming.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
If there's one thing I hope to accomplish in my life before I inevitably catch a decommissioned soviet spy satellite with my teeth, it's helping people understand just how evil, misbegotten and utterly lunatic american christians have become.

Y'all are joking around, but, no, they're evil and they hate you.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Aye aye aye... is this seriously a known widespread thing? It feels so icky. Is that the right word? Yeah, icky.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

Aye aye aye... is this seriously a known widespread thing? It feels so icky. Is that the right word? Yeah, icky.

I caught it pretty instantly and I'm from a fundamentalist christian upbringing. Definitely bigger in the evangelical/pentecostal scene, but that poo poo has spread through the non-denom side like wildfire (because they're just pentecostals without a church to try and rein in their sex offenders). Same voice my mom uses to this day, same voice I heard every teacher at every Christian school use. It's gross, it's creepy, and it's absolutely icky. Welcome to hell, buddy.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Eeeeeeeesh hahahaha

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Failed Imagineer posted:

Think I've seen that vid. All fairness, is her name Timmy, she's forever getting stuck in things and never well(s).

Also, didja vote? I near forgot but remembered in time.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Monica Bellucci posted:

Think I've seen that vid. All fairness, is her name Timmy, she's forever getting stuck in things and never well(s).

Also, didja vote? I near forgot but remembered in time.

Yeah I went Tá/Tá, wouldn't be surprised to see a Tá/Níl outcome but we'll see

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1766164171677393280

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

I think it's funny that the only narrative today is "Biden did pretty good! Threw shade at the fascists, and sounded completely coherent!" and "LOL! Did you see that creepier than poo poo Republican rebuttal?" And absolutely nothing as far as I can tell about Trump's Truth Social thing.

That said, does anybody know whatever happened with Trump's stupid thing? Did it even happen?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I started to feel really bad, and then I remembered he was a Republican being threatened by other Republicans and now I think it's a fine, fine thing.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I was worried that Biden would get attacked for using the term "illegal" to describe an immigrant, but it's been pretty mild

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

So that means GOP dead? Long live the Trump party? Is the GOP going to make a new guild? Party?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think it's wild that the state is powerless against death threats other than maybe dispatching a cop or two to stand near you for a week. You're telling me with the surveillance tools available there's no way to track down the guy who used his home/cell phone to call someone and say they want to murder a judge/congressman/whatever? There's no way to try or prosecute that person? lol?

why didn't they shoot that guy who was going to bash Pelosi's husband to death with a hammer lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

tek79 posted:

I think it's funny that the only narrative today is "Biden did pretty good! Threw shade at the fascists, and sounded completely coherent!" and "LOL! Did you see that creepier than poo poo Republican rebuttal?" And absolutely nothing as far as I can tell about Trump's Truth Social thing.

That said, does anybody know whatever happened with Trump's stupid thing? Did it even happen?

For starters, the site broke. Far more traffic than it could handle.

It was just him posting catty poo poo, no insight or analysis, just grievances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
it always gives me big lols when people supposedly on your team are bigger bashers(and threats) than the other team.