Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

poo poo, I can barely keep my daughter in her swimsuit. She’s a loving fish and that crack is always out when she’s aggressively swimming and diving all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1766239271302684687

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mission Hill originally aired on WB lol

and the version on youtube is hosed because it has most of the music ripped out and replaced awkwardly

you need to scour the russian piracy bbs' to find the version of Mission Hill that someone painstakingly re-edited the audio of the DVD release of to put the original music back in and includes animatics for 2 unfinished episodes

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't follow boxing but apparently one of my coworkers bet a significant amount of money on the MMA guy today. To which I say.

https://twitter.com/frankieboyle/status/1766260379707933128?t=Gv7Zjwm685Nu6JSu67M3-g&s=19

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Already been said but I can't believe he was only 68.

I've been a huge Dragon Warrior/Quest fan for years. That man really knew how to draw a spiky haired protagonist. RIP.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tokyo Vice is so loving bad

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

To each their own, but I love it. But I also love Asian drama and the Yakuza games, so this fits perfectly.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’ve been seeing rave reviews for Tokyo vice too

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1766239271302684687

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its my birthday today. Last day of vacation and it's raining, windy and my brother had to go home early because he's sick with gastro. So I'm watching football instead of celebrating. Had better birthdays.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Its my birthday today. Last day of vacation and it's raining, windy and my brother had to go home early because he's sick with gastro. So I'm watching football instead of celebrating. Had better birthdays.

Sorry man, Happy Birthday anyway. You’re a cool rear end dude with interesting views and good rear end recipes. And love having you as a NightCrew Bro

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Sorry man, Happy Birthday anyway. You’re a cool rear end dude with interesting views and good rear end recipes. And love having you as a NightCrew Bro

Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words. Lifts my spirits.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words. Lifts my spirits.

Just know the feeling, not mad or sad, just man what a bummer. Always next year bud

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I know it's not ideal and it's not what you wanted but this sounds like a cozy as hell birthday.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

its based on that book written by that Jake Adelstein guy who lied big style, mega obviously about absolutely everything he did and saw in japan lol

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Big trip off the mountain tomorrow, get down the hill, find a breakfast diner then maybe hitting Balboa Park in San Diego. First long trip of the year now that the roads aren’t frozen over. Literally no plans besides go to San Diego. We’ve already been to the Missions down there.

Feel like it’s going to be a straight up wander adventure, and it sounds amazing

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 9, 2024

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

It’s incredibly funny how the AFL is basically doing a NSW/QLD round to take advantage of the NRL schedule.

Happy birthday too, there’s worse ways to have a birthday.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My birthday is mid-June so it's a crap shoot if it'll be raining or decent. It's been nice recently but a rainy birthday has a good old nostalgic feel for me. That and a shot of Patron since my grandpa poured me one at like 7:30am when I turned 21.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

BlindSite posted:

SOrry to hear that. A good birthday is a state of mind! You will have plenty of good days in the future and I'm sure you'll hang with your bro again soon.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

BlindSite posted:

Happy birthday, dude. If it makes you feel better, I basically sat at home playing FF7 Rebirth, then had to pick up my wife at the airport, where she told me she was super sick. We found out it was a bad case of bronchitis and she's still not recovered!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thanks for the well wishes fellas. Got some cupcakes and pizza to make up for the day. So can't complain too long and loud

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That’s how I feel about most games nowadays. I need games that I can pick up and get twenty-to-forty minutes of joy.

A MOBA match or a shrine in Zelda or something.

the modern consoles (including the Switch) essentially having "press the power button and freeze your state" is such a nice feature, it's really hard to go back to on older stuff.

it's also what I've enjoyed from having an Analogue Pocket as well, with the stuff it supports on cartridge (GB/GBC/GBA in particular) you can just tap the side button and it acts like the Switch. Makes pick-up-and-play Super Mario World super easy.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Happy birthday Blindsite! May you get worse in fantasy football this year (at least in our league :D)!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Happy bday BlindSite. Cozy chill birthdays are often some of the best.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Alaois posted:

its based on that book written by that Jake Adelstein guy who lied big style, mega obviously about absolutely everything he did and saw in japan lol

I'm pretty sure this is speculation. The whole thing is he described his experiences without his exact names/places/dates with the actual Yakuza because he'd be dead as hell if he named actual names. So he wrote a story similar to what happened but not specific.

Now, if the original experiences actually happened has been questioned a lot but correct me if I'm wrong he's never been outed as a fraud for sure.

But he's a Missouri Tiger so I have my doubts.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Happy birthday, BlindSite! May the cupcakes & pizza be a suitable salve to what could've been a worse day.

I too had a pizza yesterday. It was a vegan gluten-free one from Rudy's Gourmet Pizza. It was a'ight.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Leperflesh posted:

I fondly remember space ghost coast to coast, metalocalypse, the first season or two of robot chicken, first five or six seasons of aqua teen, etc. from the early to mid 2000s... when I was uh, already well out of college lol

Coast to Coast is why I have this username.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

Coast to Coast is why I have this username.

And that long rear end 27 second Goodbye Windows logoff sound on your old PC.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I love that that still annoys you all these years later.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Only a few more weeks until my foster cat's spay and it can't come soon enough. I haven't had to deal with a cat in heat before her and I hope I never do again. She's still super sweet but the yowling is getting annoying.

https://imgur.com/a/8yW36YS

I'd just scrubbed down my shower/tub too so she smelled a little bleachy while I stared at the grout and tile in defeat.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

And that long rear end 27 second Goodbye Windows logoff sound on your old PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yizuPav8E_E

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

nope, imagine hearing this every time and I mean EVERY TIME you shut down or reboot Windows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilbt3DjP0vI

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Silly Burrito posted:

nope, imagine hearing this every time and I mean EVERY TIME you shut down or reboot Windows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilbt3DjP0vI

I don’t see the problem here

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Freaquency posted:

I don’t see the problem here

go try it, tell me how long you keep it

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

Silly Burrito posted:

I actually had that full song as my shut down sound back in the late nineties, and it lasted a surprisingly long time, but yeah, it did lose its charm after a while.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

But then I'd have to take off my .wav file of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvvN9tCtC10

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Happy birthday blindsite. Although I don’t know if I’m late now or not.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm old, so I used to have an answering machine. You know, a tape recorder that answered the phone. For many, many years, I had the opening bit of O Fortuna from Carmina Burana as my message. No words, it just picks up the phone, plays this, and then the beep. The clip would be from 0:04 to 0:30 on this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qATbf5-D8bU&t=4s

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

I'm old, so I used to have an answering machine. You know, a tape recorder that answered the phone. For many, many years, I had the opening bit of O Fortuna from Carmina Burana as my message. No words, it just picks up the phone, plays this, and then the beep. The clip would be from 0:04 to 0:30 on this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qATbf5-D8bU&t=4s

You could have just said, “Don’t leave a message.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao what a random rear end post but that’s why chat thread is fun