Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dave's killin it right now

all while organizing our high school reunion this summer lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Lizard Combatant posted:

It definitely looks like the Fallout 4 movie and not the Fallout 1, 2 or New Vegas movie I'd hope for, but... I'm a sucker for Goggins

You mean they did a show more in line with the game that sold twice as many copies as 1, 2, , and New Vegas combined?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

jisforjosh posted:

You mean they did a show more in line with the game that sold twice as many copies as 1, 2, , and New Vegas combined?

More like they did a show in line with what Bethesda wanted even though they have yet to make a good Fallout game.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Cacator posted:

More like they did a show in line with what Bethesda wanted even though they have yet to make a good Fallout game.

They have a better track record than Interplay

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

kiimo posted:

Dave's killin it right now

all while organizing our high school reunion this summer lol

What the gently caress. Give him a kiss for me I love David dastmalchian

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Peccadillo posted:

What the gently caress. Give him a kiss for me I love David dastmalchian

haha yeah I've known him since we were 13 I say it every time when he's in something new which is admittedly like all the time now

When he was in Ant Man Paul Rudd thought he was really Russian and Dave's like lol we grew up minutes from each other and worked at the same store in the mall

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Does Paul Rudd, like, not watch movies? I definitely knew who he was when he appeared in Ant Man. That dude is very recognizable

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Saw Late Night With the Devil at the London Film Festival last year and had a great time, and I always love seeing Mr Dastmalchian turn up in things.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

haha yeah I've known him since we were 13 I say it every time when he's in something new which is admittedly like all the time now

When he was in Ant Man Paul Rudd thought he was really Russian and Dave's like lol we grew up minutes from each other and worked at the same store in the mall

Lol that's awesome

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's messed up that Rudd didn't invite him to join the Chiefs/Royals superfans group with him, Rob Riggle, Jason Sudeikis and Eric Stonestreet.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I heard him on a podcast called I Was there Too which I don't think you can find easy anymore. He said one of the women who played someone in The Burko Experiment burst into tears and had to leave the room when he came to eat. Turns out he was just too good in prisoner and she got scared

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I Was There Too has been rereleasing their back episodes!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

feedmyleg posted:

I Was There Too has been rereleasing their back episodes!

That's a great podcast, if anyone hasn't listened to it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

live with fruit posted:

It's messed up that Rudd didn't invite him to join the Chiefs/Royals superfans group with him, Rob Riggle, Jason Sudeikis and Eric Stonestreet.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

The Peccadillo posted:

I heard him on a podcast called I Was there Too which I don't think you can find easy anymore. He said one of the women who played someone in The Burko Experiment burst into tears and had to leave the room when he came to eat. Turns out he was just too good in prisoner and she got scared

He was absolutely phenomenal in Prisoners despite it being such a small role.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

confused posted:

That looks really good. Hitting the right tone is going to be hard, but it looks like they are nailing it. I loved the line about everyone wanting to save the world, but disagreeing on how. The only thing missing is that trailer really should have ended with some Ron Perlman.

I was expecting to see a Deathclaw, but I guess we got a short shot of someone in power armour fist fighting a Yao Guai instead.

Wonder if they are saving the Deathclaws for the actual show, or they are not in it at all.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4N42pku0an/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s a 100% real btw. When I die I want to buy a casket from David d

But I want to be cremated so I don’t wake up inside a coffin lol

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CelticPredator posted:

That’s a 100% real btw. When I die I want to buy a casket from David d

But I want to be cremated so I don’t wake up inside a coffin lol

Don’t worry about that. It's guaranteed that you'll be decapitated and a stake driven through your heart before they put you in the ground.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

thank god

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The quotes coming out of SXSW on Monkey Man are amazing. Just in our culled list alone the word poo poo is used 6 times and the word gently caress is used 12

“HOLY S#!T”
Chalice / The Iumminderdi

“bloody as hell and intense as gently caress.”
J Hurtado / Screen Anarchy

“loving epic.”
Kate Sanchez / But Why Tho

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1767578154946748900

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Please I can’t get more hyped for this movie.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

kiimo posted:

The quotes coming out of SXSW on Monkey Man are amazing. Just in our culled list alone the word poo poo is used 6 times and the word gently caress is used 12

“HOLY S#!T”

“loving epic.”

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1767578154946748900

I've seen so many people who I wouldn't expect sharing the Dev Patel reacting to his standing ovation clip. Which rules.

Was psyched when I heard about it, psyched when I saw the trailer, still psyched now. Looks great.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Weird Al and Jake Tapper? This is quite the mix.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

kiimo posted:

“HOLY S#!T”

“loving epic.”

Who are any of these people? IMDB posters I assume?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn't choose them based on their pedigree but just their reviews. The bigger the publication the more level-headed the review.

But where is the fun in that? These are people invited to the SXSW screening last night.

Fall Guy is tonight.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Fall guy, free guy, nice guys. How many films in guy universe.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

kiimo posted:

I didn't choose them based on their pedigree but just their reviews. The bigger the publication the more level-headed the review.

But where is the fun in that? These are people invited to the SXSW screening last night.

Fall Guy is tonight.

I feel like the film will play very well to that crowd.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

checkplease posted:

Other Guys. Good Guys if TV counts.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

checkplease posted:

hey I worked on all these!

Nice Guys is the best.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

kiimo posted:

Nice Guys is the best.

You're the guy guy all along!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The MSJ posted:

You're the guy guy all along!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyhNHlQXKhk&t=676s

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

kiimo posted:

Nice Guys is the best.

Wow the First Guy is here with us. Good stuff all around.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

kiimo posted:

Nice Guys is the best.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzXAsxGLEQI

Um, yikes?

(Sorry for the teaser for a trailer. Actual trailer tomorrow.)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The design is poo poo - there's no way it will be good. Just leave it alone. It's a pure 90s thing that shouldn't be touched.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If we're up to remaking 90s horror/action let's get Spawn up and going

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

I've seen so many people who I wouldn't expect sharing the Dev Patel reacting to his standing ovation clip. Which rules.

Was psyched when I heard about it, psyched when I saw the trailer, still psyched now. Looks great.

Well in case it hasn't been shared here so you have a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

If we're up to remaking 90s horror/action let's get Spawn up and going

He’s still trying and apparently it’s happening. I hope so. I want to see McFarlane’s dumb vision realized no matter what lol