Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

WU is such an insane value. The price went up recently (to 1298 yen), but I don't think I've seen anyone complain, because with how weak the yen is, the price it went up to in USD is still basically the same price as the original price (which was 900 yen, so then and now it's still under $9) people were paying back when they made the changeover from the original site to Wrestle Universe, and on top of that, the announcement of the price increase came with an announcement that they were adding content from Michinoku, Zero1, and Sendai Girls, and Ganbare Pro content will continue to be available on Wrestle Universe (Ganbare Pro announced recently that they were leaving the CyberFight company to become independent, so there were questions as to what would happen with their content).

There's also a bunch of totally random other stuff on there if you want to poke around (like GCW shows, or AEW matches that have CyberFight wrestlers in them that have Japanese commentary added, or Gatoh Move shows). I think some of the really weird stuff (like Kota Ibushi fighting room by room through a condemned apartment building) haven't quite made it over from the old site though.

I like WU because it's really easy to just watch the live shows when they're being streamed live.

My favorite thing about the price increase is getting to be a Gold Card member, which currently doesn't do anything but I like looking at the pretty gold card on my profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
This is how I know there are Gatoh Move shows on WU:

https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/videos/frbudEdWsznegTDta6KJ99

At 10:20 is where Chris Brookes proceeds to put Rin Rin into the ceiling.

You're welcome.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

My favorite thing about the price increase is getting to be a Gold Card member, which currently doesn't do anything but I like looking at the pretty gold card on my profile.

You're premium now. You're a VIP.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

It's too bad RinRin retired. She was always fun.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Power Windows posted:

It's too bad RinRin retired. She was always fun.

I thought she was wrestling in GLEAT?

looked it up I guess she retired at the end of the year 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

I thought she was wrestling in GLEAT?

looked it up I guess she retired at the end of the year 2023

She announced she was leaving at the end of last year to concentrate on her studies, though don't recall if it was labelled a retirement

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/yukari_sumo/status/1741452904148652504?t=f8Go62mDSCk-mB32X3BPuQ&s=19

DeepL translates it as a retirement announcement.

She's seemingly doing recreational sumo training if her recent tweets are anything to go by.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

yea ok posted:

Good choice, brother E. Stardom-world puts shows up on a ~3 day delay i don't remember if anyone mentioned that

3 days for house shows and some of the PPVs but also sometimes they'll put a whole show up immediately but it will not have subtitles. I still have no idea what the decision process is for these but whatever. Also I think they might be trying to set up some tech to run live streams of house shows but nothing is confirmed yet

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Spark announced Aja Kong will be at Spark Trailblaze btw. Aja being on a show with Stardom wrestlers also on the card is kinda wild.

https://twitter.com/SparkJoshiPuro/status/1765206820631491040

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 6, 2024

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Power Windows posted:

https://twitter.com/yukari_sumo/status/1741452904148652504?t=f8Go62mDSCk-mB32X3BPuQ&s=19

DeepL translates it as a retirement announcement.

She's seemingly doing recreational sumo training if her recent tweets are anything to go by.

she was doing sumo stuff when she was in gatoh move as well, so thats not surprising

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Mr E posted:

I'm going to ignore the weird posts before and after my last post and just say thanks for the breakdowns on Wrestling Universe & Stardom, I think I'll sub to both probably since I recently stopped subbing to all other streaming services.

I've got both because I'm a maniac.

Stardom is an absurdly good in ring product but they don't make following them easy. They may be trying to fix this because they trialled a live house show the other day that was filmed from about 50kms from the ring. Bushiroad have put almost all resources (and as discussed itt recently Japanese wrestling isnt in great shape) into roster and touring

But they have a murderers row of the best women wrestlers on earth as things stand right now. Especially young talent. I doubt any promotion on earth has a better roster under 25

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Just to correct a few things: by the end Rossy was the booker of Stardom and Bushiroad handled the business side - including the appearances of wrestlers in other promotions. While I suspect Rossy was influential I don’t think he was that significant - especially since historically he’s someone that always talked about wanting to run the US. It’s worth noting that President Harada left in December and this stuff started after President Okada came in so that is more likely to be the person you blame.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://x.com/Velkej_Bracha/status/1765332584488161732?s=20

A hot new Tam t-shirt, which definitely fits her character perfectly & is not really weird & messy (although I kind of like it because of how bad it is, because my brain has been destroyed by too much internet)

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

https://x.com/Velkej_Bracha/status/1765332584488161732?s=20

A hot new Tam t-shirt, which definitely fits her character perfectly & is not really weird & messy (although I kind of like it because of how bad it is, because my brain has been destroyed by too much internet)

Tam is an actual insane person so idk I imagine her brain is kinda like that shirt

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Choosing to believe this is her inspiration

(Gokigen Death is Party Cannon)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
OK I like Tam now

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Bull will be in the WWE HoF.
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1765383550063288787

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

As bullshit as the WWE HOF is for a trillion reasons...took 'em long enough.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Purification by Fire - Maika
Aethere - Natsupoi
Stages of Decomposition - Natsuko Tora
Condemned - Starlight Kid
AlterBeast - Ruaka
Impaled Offering - Lady C
The Zenith Passage - Tam Nakano
Origin - Mayu Iwatani
No Altars - Hazuki
Wolf King - Ami Sohrei
Ovid's Withering - Momo Kohgo
Disentomb - Saki Kashima
Paroxysmal Butchering - Momo Watanabe
Euphoric Defilement - MIRAI
Epicardiectomy - Mina Shirakawa
Gortuary - Syuri

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Sendai uploaded Sakura Hirota vs Miyuki Takase for free.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJMaVnz6U_U

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Dramatic DDT with the summary of a very sweet interview with Ryo Mizunami
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1765729273917092130

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

hell yeah Aniki :hai:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Another great poster from TJPW:
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1765935580519788802

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

In a poster with a monster and a legend, the most unhinged looking one is as always, Hyper Misao.

I really wish they would sell the posters as posters on the store and not just in person or as a collection in book form.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

In a poster with a monster and a legend, the most unhinged looking one is as always, Hyper Misao.

I really wish they would sell the posters as posters on the store and not just in person or as a collection in book form.

I still want the Shoko & Hyper vs Andreza & Neko poster. I don't care what it costs.
poo poo I would pay just for a high res of it and get it printed out myself

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That's an all timer

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Brooks and Emi vs Magi Sugar Rabi is gonna be so cool

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Ishin posted:

For reference the card announcement:
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1766282988307046651

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Raku and Pom vs the entire animal kingdom, here we go

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Ishin posted:

Thats a match I never expected, but need to see

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
rakus gonna put them to sleep

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

It's illegal for a giant panda to wrestle

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's just a bear in a panda suit.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That's a neat card, rookie battle could be fun or an absolute disaster

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

SG Bamboo posted:

That's a neat card, rookie battle could be fun or an absolute disaster

Hopefully Chika remembers where the hard cam is this time.

Also I like how one team is literally all children, and that's the team that has the only people with singles wins in it.

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

yea ok posted:

It's illegal for a giant panda to wrestle

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

First round of Cinderella was very strong.

Edit

Unsurprisingly Poi/saori v hash/sareee ripped

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 9, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://x.com/SondreBjorn/status/1766422733141737809?s=20

YESSSSSSS

All Star Grand Queendom, April 27th, the first wrestling show from the new Yokohama Buntai, and they are giving us a proper dream match

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Mar 9, 2024

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stardom doing some good stuff.

Hanan v Hanoka the best of the Cinderella

Sareee v mayu will be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I haven't had a chance to watch all the Cinderella qualifying matches but the last 3 matches on that show (Giulia/Syuri/Konami vs Momo/Stephanie/Fukigen, Poi's return match, and the 3 way tag) were all fantastic. Poi looked really good. Not fully back to how she was yet but great nonetheless. Sareee and Hash were fuckin awesome.

Edit: attendance of 1555 for those who keep track

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 9, 2024