Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

massive spider posted:

Anyway here's a streamer being a moron with a gun on stream (no death or injuries except his tub of gamer fuel) and instantly ending his twitch career https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoXLD620Au0

The gun was stupid but the real moron whose career should have died is this guy's video editor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kit Walker posted:

He just reminds me of a dude I know in a really lovely relationship with a wife who clearly doesn't love him, who overcompensates by being really defensive about his wife. Can't say a bad thing about her. It probably settles his heart to think, "well at least no one can say I didn't try my hardest." Will Smith should just get a divorce

yeah. like if rock had been really really mean, maybe, but yeah. smith comes off as weird inscure dude who has to defend his possibly abusive spouses honor.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. like if rock had been really really mean, maybe, but yeah. smith comes off as weird inscure dude who has to defend his possibly abusive spouses honor.

You all saw that look she gave him before he got up.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Corzaa posted:

You all saw that look she gave him before he got up.

yeah. what a loving dork. like i get wanting to defend your spouse and thats honestly normally not a bad thing. but this fucker is clearly in a dead lovely relationship thats "open" and now he has to perform some act of violence in some hope of "see its working".

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I like to describe sexual relationships outside of my marriage as 'entanglements'

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What happened to you Big Willy?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Tarkus posted:

I like to describe sexual relationships with my kids friends outside of my marriage as 'entanglements'

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Chris Rock has made me laugh way more and way harder than Will Smith.

Coasting off of Independence Day, MIB, Wild Wild West, and Fresh Prince. Make more comedy.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol wild wild west is fuckin abysmal

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The best thing to come out of Wild Wild West is Kevin Smith's anecdote about Jon Peters being obsessed with giant robot spiders

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
the only thing good about wild wild west is it gave kevin smith a great punchline for one of his stories

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wild Wild West kept Will Smith from being cast as Neo in The Matrix

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Kevin Smith sucks too, thankfully his career seems buried.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

https://x.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/2554608773?s=20

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

chainchompz posted:

Chris Rock has made me laugh way more and way harder than Will Smith.

Coasting off of Independence Day, MIB, Wild Wild West, and Fresh Prince. Make more comedy.

Slowly and loudly over-enunciating the telegraphed punchline is pretty boring imo. It’s his whole loving thing.

Maaybeee. We. Should. Make. The. BULLETS. Illegal!

Got em.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

And they say romance is dead.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/SethMacFarlane/...%5Es1_&ref_url=

cool country we have.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
which is fine, Smith says he would be a bad Neo. and a black Neo meant a white Morpheus so he would be taking away two amazing actors/roles

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Apparently this was the result of a bet or a dare that his wife made him do. Still one of the funniest tweets of all time

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Kevin Smith sucks too, thankfully his career seems buried.

I did enjoy early eps of his Batman podcast when he got both Adam West & Kevin Conroy & they had fascinating stories. Plus his interview with Paul Dini mentioned being on the staff of Masters of the Universe & the writers asked themselves if He-man or Skeletor were intended to be considered the masters & they admitted they didn’t know, to illustrate how little the series was thought out past toy sales.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kevin Smith seems to be living his best life regardless.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Yeah I can't really be bothered by Kevin Smith. I used to listen to smodcast and I went to a couple shows he did, he's an entertaining storyteller (or was) and the shows were good. His output was never mind blowing and he at least had a period there where he was just completely stoned 24/7 but he doesn't raise my hackles and genuinely seems to appreciate his life and recognize his luck

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Also a guy that got a few HOLLYWOOD movies and recognized they weren't his jam.

Like most people would die inside and just become hollowed out husks chasing something that they thought they wanted.

Dude went out and crowdfunded a Jesus Folk are Crazy film then a Guy Gets Turned into a Walrus flick.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I can think of two good things about wild wild west

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Kevin Smith was recently on the Blank Check podcast talking about Die Hard and I don’t know much about him but he seemed like a fairly down to earth dude for a Hollywood guy

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Cassette Moodcore posted:

Kevin Smith was recently on the Blank Check podcast talking about Die Hard and I don’t know much about him but he seemed like a fairly down to earth dude for a Hollywood guy

i mean, did you read that tweet? any goon in gbs could have written that

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
And we still have 976 years to go before the end of the new Willennium.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Kevin Smith grew up working class and was literally a convenience store clerk when he made Clerks. I'd characterize him as a decently smart and funny dude who has never lost sight of how lucky he is to have his life and career. Out of all the famous directors, he's gotta be one of the ones who'd be best to hang out with.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Zugzwang posted:

Kevin Smith grew up working class and was literally a convenience store clerk when he made Clerks. I'd characterize him as a decently smart and funny dude who has never lost sight of how lucky he is to have his life and career. Out of all the famous directors, he's gotta be one of the ones who'd be best to hang out with.

Oh yeah maxing out his credit cards & getting zero sleep on his first movie is the opposite of nepo baby. Plus he’s consistently funny in interviews & have to go out of your way to run across his productions. I appreciate how he’s not paying to be in every other YouTube ad so he’s an improvement on Ryan Reynolds.

Also I’d never seen any of his work prior to the Clerks cartoon & it was hilarious, especially having the second ep be a clip show.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I do wonder if Kevin Smith's career trajectory would have fared better or worse had any of his unmade projects saw the light of day: Superman, $6M Man, Green Hornet, Ranger Danger.

Even if none of them had been massive hits, the window of time most of them would have come out would have been kind of contemporaneous to that wave of comic book movies that came out pre-Avengers and might have maybe gotten him more on studio radars for their big IPs and attached in some capacity to something in that realm post-Avengers.

edit: Admittedly, I think most of those projects did see some life as comics or had their scripts released online at some point.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
yeh but I saw him recently and got really worried. he guest-judged an episode of boulet bros with his daughter and i wasn't prepared for him looking so strained. no don't get old and die kevin smith :(

https://www.instagram.com/bouletbrothersdragula/p/C1AgEhaypgH/

but a tiny man among giants

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 9, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I wish they made the Nic Cage Superman so Tim Burton's comeback streak would have been delayed a while

Big Fish was good though

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

hawowanlawow posted:

I can think of two good things about wild wild west

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Bonzo posted:

Jada, how can you sleep when your bed is burning?

:hfive: lol gottem

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Slowly and loudly over-enunciating the telegraphed punchline is pretty boring imo. It’s his whole loving thing.

Maaybeee. We. Should. Make. The. BULLETS. Illegal!

Got em.

Remember that "Women be shoppin!!" comedian from the Nutty Professor, was that meant to be a Chris Rock rip?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

GoT was always garbage, it ending like poo poo was totally on brand

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

git apologist posted:

GoTASoIaF was always garbage, it ending like poo poo was totally on brand

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

It's hosed up what you can have swept under the carpet in Hollywood when you were a scientology super couple in the late 90s. It's been an open secret in Hollywood forever. Her career tanked after the Matrix because nobody wanted to work with her and Will's career took a hit too, especially after she forced a cameo on MIB3. To her credit apparently she's chilled out a lot since the days of her bringing a loaded gun onto the set of Wild Wild West and shooting at Will's feet to make him dance.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

bitches be crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

yeh but I saw him recently and got really worried. he guest-judged an episode of boulet bros with his daughter and i wasn't prepared for him looking so strained. no don't get old and die kevin smith :(

https://www.instagram.com/bouletbrothersdragula/p/C1AgEhaypgH/

but a tiny man among giants

He had a heart attack and was insanely close to dying so he went strict vegan and lost a shitload of weight so he can have a long life to spend with his kids. Part of it is that he still wears the baggiest poo poo ever as part of his image, so he always looks like he’s dying.

I don’t think I’ve seen pics of him wearing clothes that aren’t like jncos and an XXL hockey jersey since he lost weight