Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Hmm, play off and on in moderate amounts over the course of a month, or try to maximise initial play time to get the thing and burn out hard?

It's an easy choice, cause one of them means playing for a month :v:

Oh no playing a game for an hour or two every couple days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can get the hoverboard by leaving a twitch tab open for 2 hours a week and also playing a reasonable amount of the game

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Yeah just to clarify I still really like the game and playing it and only get to play every so often so there's still plenty to do, and it's still just fun.

I'm also saying gently caress it and leaning into the fact that a lot of people seem to choose to burn themselves out and then get mad at the game for it lol

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Yeah just to clarify I still really like the game and playing it and only get to play every so often so there's still plenty to do, and it's still just fun.

I'm also saying gently caress it and leaning into the fact that a lot of people seem to choose to burn themselves out and then get mad at the game for it lol

I don't play this game every day in a normal season and I definitely won't in a 6 month season lol

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
If you’re even somewhat familiar with Nightfalls getting top 10% is the easiest method by far. Play shortly after daily reset and emote then finisher every champion. I did mine two hours after reset and we even missed a champ and still got it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is the score for the week or for the day?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I got the hoverboard by paying Bungie $25

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MJeff posted:

Is the score for the week or for the day?

Per day/reset since I think the NF changes then

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just skipped Rainbow Road with the board and I now think Bungie should be charging double for it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Why does the entire Streamer community cheat

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Holy poo poo, I've been enjoying Trials all season, and like last few seasons, and it's just terrible now. I dunno what is going on but I don't know how this is anyone's idea of a good time. I did four matches thinking maybe I got particularly unlucky with sweats, but then the messages letting me know a lot of those people were flawless I just gave up because lol

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

There's apparently a bazillion cheaters in Trials right now. I don't touch it myself but I'm hearing others complain that almost every match someone is shooting them through walls, having perfect in-air accuracy, having their super up every round, etc.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who won the Focused Activity on Glassway last night? I saw it was actually kinda close but Hunters were ahead and now I need to know if I need to do the close-game-open game do-se-do until the package shows up.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

MJeff posted:

Who won the Focused Activity on Glassway last night? I saw it was actually kinda close but Hunters were ahead and now I need to know if I need to do the close-game-open game do-se-do until the package shows up.
It was indeed Hunters. I'm still not exactly sure how the package redemption works, though. I got my package within 15 minutes of it ending without needing to log out and back in, and I'm not even sure when it appeared since I don't remember seeing a loot popup, but I did go to orbit at least once. But in a previous event where I'd pledged my warlock, the package wasn't showing up even after logging in and out and going to orbit multiple times, and didn't finally show up until like a day later, after doing a legend lost sector. :shrug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Y'know what. I logged in and noticed I wasn't wearing my Guardian Games cloak... ....because I had been applying an ornament to my artifice class item.

But when you swap loadouts, that ornament comes off, because the ornament wasn't part of the loadout. So I wasn't wearing my Guardian Games cloak. Womp womp. :v:

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I've found doing the old sign out and sign back in is the most reliable way to get your focus packages. anyway, fellow hunters, enjoy your hoverboards I sure do

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
Got my skimmer from this morning's focused event and got some decent drops on the Hullabaloo (dual envious/voltshot and cascade/chain reaction perks) and The Title (repulsor+destabilizing) and I think that's enough Guardian Games for me. Don't care about the Taraxippos since it doesn't seem to have any better perk combos than last year, and I wound up never really using those anyway.

But despite having good combos, I'm not sure when I'd ever actually use the Hullabaloo either. For boss DPS the Apex Predator is still king, and for casual content I'd prefer something more flexible like a machine gun, and use a Special wave frame GL for crowd clearing instead (especially with the Strand one coming so you can still use an elemental primary). Maybe if you're designated crowd clearer in a raid and need the extra power to clear out tougher enemies as well?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
With the Heavy Wave Frame GLs it is kind of nice to be able to shoot at the ground in front of a boss instead of having to go for direct hits. Really nice for Phalanx Echo and the Ogre in Grasp.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
nothing against it but whenever guardian games comes around I just kinda feel overwhelmed and irritated with it. Maybe because it's the (usually) end of the season anyways? I like the fun idea of stuff like competitive nightfalls, gambit, etc, but when it comes time to do it....i do some, but not really as much as I would think

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Got my skimmer and probably the best rolls of the GG weapons already so I guess I'm pretty much done with GG now. I do like the Gjally sets but I don't really want to drop $45 on them (and honestly the gjally thunderlord skin loving slaps but that's another $7)

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
yeah I feel like the title is incredibly usable but everything else is just fine. I'm probably gonna smear my face on guardian games just to unlock the champ title since I'm usually on hiatus when it rolls around, but I definitely think it's wise to just check out when you've got what you want.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Astrochicken posted:

Don't be silly. The hoverboard is for sale and those other things are guideposts to eververse and the system is working as intended. It's cool to see they're fine tuning the business model by allowing people more opportunity to attain value outside of plain old expansions and seasons.

Honestly if they hadn't fired Michael loving Salvatori i'd be willing to entertain the idea of paying money for hoverboard. As it stands i've had the game uninstalled since just after lightfall and posts like this make me feel secure in my decision not to come back.

and yet here u are

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

nothing against it but whenever guardian games comes around I just kinda feel overwhelmed and irritated with it. Maybe because it's the (usually) end of the season anyways? I like the fun idea of stuff like competitive nightfalls, gambit, etc, but when it comes time to do it....i do some, but not really as much as I would think

It’s the worst of the four events. The goals are the grindiest, and Bungie experiments with a new model every year to alleviate the fact that the game’s population is like 50-25-25 in favor of Hunters and every single one is a failure. Every year’s competition is completely lopsided.

This year’s is the best yet by virtue of it adding the Skimmer and the Diamond Medal, but it’s still loving Guardian Games.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Idk, I think Guardian Games is my second favorite event? The solstice one is the grindiest by far I feel, especially if you want to get the armor on so three characters, and I am so sick of the legendary haunted lost sectors where everything is a sponge and you get no ammo. Dawning definitely the best, just do whatever and make cookies.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I've been vibing with *most* of GG this year, on account of I'm just doing other things I wanted anyway lol

The wave GL is just good fun, and the buffs the frame got have me pulling Hyperchrondriac out of the vault too. Zipper is better with Enlightened Action too imo.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

It’s the worst of the four events. The goals are the grindiest, and Bungie experiments with a new model every year to alleviate the fact that the game’s population is like 50-25-25 in favor of Hunters and every single one is a failure. Every year’s competition is completely lopsided.
The funny thing is they don't need to try and make it fair. They could just completely make the numbers up and set the flags to show whatever they want, there's no way for anyone to check what others have been depositing anyway. Then just rotate which class "wins" each time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Someone would make up an investigation like the guy who tried to calculate TFS preorders based on emblem code redemptions and that’s a round of bad PR they don’t need

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Guardian Games is very honest because every year it's just "Hunters are better but the other two classes are mad about it."

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I usually log in for events just to get the bright dust from the weekly bounties and then leave it at that.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Guardian Games can never be fair, as there are more hunters than other classes.

Bungie may try to level the odds but it is impossible.

Just allow us to fight each other in Control and Gambit class vs class

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

aledesma posted:

Just allow us to fight each other in Control and Gambit class vs class

They literally just tried to do this and it broke the entire matchmaking system

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Halibut Barn posted:

Got my skimmer from this morning's focused event and got some decent drops on the Hullabaloo (dual envious/voltshot and cascade/chain reaction perks) and The Title (repulsor+destabilizing) and I think that's enough Guardian Games for me. Don't care about the Taraxippos since it doesn't seem to have any better perk combos than last year, and I wound up never really using those anyway.

But despite having good combos, I'm not sure when I'd ever actually use the Hullabaloo either. For boss DPS the Apex Predator is still king, and for casual content I'd prefer something more flexible like a machine gun, and use a Special wave frame GL for crowd clearing instead (especially with the Strand one coming so you can still use an elemental primary). Maybe if you're designated crowd clearer in a raid and need the extra power to clear out tougher enemies as well?

The problem with it is that there’s both better add clear guns and heavy damage guns so why would you want a heavy add clear gun

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The problem with it is that there’s both better add clear guns and heavy damage guns so why would you want a heavy add clear gun

Big boom and funny explosions are fun. If I want add clear non-heavy or DPS heavy I already have the four best things or whatever, so I gotta fill my vault with fun gimmicks when I'm not trying to one phase bosses.

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND

Collateral Damage posted:

There's apparently a bazillion cheaters in Trials right now. I don't touch it myself but I'm hearing others complain that almost every match someone is shooting them through walls, having perfect in-air accuracy, having their super up every round, etc.

I only played one card, but I didn't see any cheaters (at least obvious ones, not even anything particularly sus). Pretty chill games; nothing too sweaty. I think people are still trying to figure out their loadouts with the new sandbox; saw a lot of 450rpm autorifles and scouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_R2z4jUVhg

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:stare:

https://x.com/destinythegame/status/1767173634810872298

Ecto-1 looks pretty sweet

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What the gently caress is that a Ghostbusters car sparrow?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MJeff posted:

What the gently caress is that a Ghostbusters car sparrow?

The car is almost certainly a ship, given there's a sparrow right above it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I think some of the Spider-Man suits from the games would translate into the Destiny aesthetic pretty well, DO IT SONY

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ghost should have been the proton pack, slimer should have been the sparrow

that said, the sparrow had better have a good trail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
is there another content drop happening pre TFS or this was it?