Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ban a social media app for horseshit reasons, piss off everyone 25 and under (and some our age who also use TikTok)....only to find that the support for Palestinians they derisively call """"antisemtisim"""" doesn't vanish.

The Democrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

American Liberals: The Most Dangerous Thing in the Western Hemisphere

full disclosure: it's a 20 minute youtube video, but it's one that I endorse because it does not pull any punches and is entirely within the spirit of this thread, even when taking into account our collective experiences with supposed left-of-center youtubers just ending up being liberals

that was a good one, subscribed!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"check it out, we found a new kind of autistic guy"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

thank u reader added context

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

it does actually ban it mr context because it gives bytedance 6 months to divest or it gets banned

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

full disclosure: it's a 20 minute youtube video, but it's one that I endorse because it does not pull any punches and is entirely within the spirit of this thread, even when taking into account our collective experiences with supposed left-of-center youtubers just ending up being liberals

this video is worth a watch

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Some Guy TT posted:

thank u reader added context

The president, who understands none of it, would be responsible for determining which are security threats

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Second Thought is always good. If you like that video you'll probably also like The Deprogram, a left wing podcast he does with Hakim and Yougopnik

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkY88kvkdvU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yeah, this is a really good video actually.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

There are succers still arguing that he didn't blatantly lie about this.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1766479299417170250#m

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

is pepsi ok posted:

There are succers still arguing that he didn't blatantly lie about this.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1766479299417170250#m

Let me guess the Palestinian delegation was killed in a tragic accident when the negotiating pavilion was air dropped onto their location.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Local and national media have been running a high energy campaign to terrify people about law and order, with the tacit and direct support of both political parties, especially since the George Floyd protests, primarily to give law enforcement more cover to crack down in support of capital

After several years this has reached a fever pitch where the public is starting to demand something g be done asap

So politicians are doing something

Hth

Sinclair Broadcasting has been banging the drum with their "Seattle is Dying" anti-homeless specials for YEARS. I assume they're doing it in other cities too.

Spoiler alert: It wasn't the homeless that killed Seattle. It was rent and amazon

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1766195370999095406#m

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
when you're coming down from that adrenochrome high

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's wild how much this creator shifted his politics in the last few years. If you go back to some of his earlier content, it would be the stuff we make fun of.

And his recent stuff has been consistent enough that I don't think it's chasing engagement, but honestly, as long as the content is good, I don't care what's in his heart of hearts.

It gives hope that some people can change.

PhilippAchtel has issued a correction as of 16:44 on Mar 9, 2024

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"check it out, we found a new kind of autistic guy"

mentats are real

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

lol liberals

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

No, technically you should be in a memory unit somewhere.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Haha what a coward

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

Second Thought is a communist and great in general. I still lol when I remember that he got his first million subs just being a "I fuckin love science" type channel, radicalized, and dedicated entirely to political vids. He still gets comments to this day from old viewers who just want him to go back to making shlock

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

it does actually ban it mr context because it gives bytedance 6 months to divest or it gets banned

That minor bit of language is all that a liberal needs to rationalize the bad things being good

It's not censorship, it's deleting posts by government request

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Telluric Whistler posted:

That minor bit of language is all that a liberal needs to rationalize the bad things being good

It's not censorship, it's deleting posts by government request

they're capable of rationalizing anything because they're essentially brain-dead

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Trabisnikof posted:

anyone have the photo of Chicago PD standing in front of the bus that says "Our Kind of Town"

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

You can take the senility out of the racist, but you can’t take the racism out of the senile

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol the preroll ad was for TikTok

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

HallelujahLee posted:

they're capable of rationalizing anything because they're essentially brain-dead

Anything they do is ok because they're the good guys :downs:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Those polls that still are meaningless but you bring them up all the time regardless?

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

When you believe that the system is so rotten it has to be detonated and rebuilt from first principles, acknowledging wins achieved through the process or electoralism is a direct counter to your world view. Which is why you rarely see leftists take a W.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

insane clown pussy posted:

When you believe that the system is so rotten it has to be detonated and rebuilt from first principles, acknowledging wins achieved through the process or electoralism is a direct counter to your world view. Which is why you rarely see leftists take a W.

Yep, leftists aren't getting many Ws these days. They all seem to be going to the center right and far right.

Also, the planet is dying, the Nazis are back, life expectancy is going down, over a million Americans died of a preventable pandemic, there's an active genocide happening, and we're sitting on the precipice of WWIII.

Wonder if those things are related somehow :thunk:

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
god drat, the gaslighting is incredible

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

is pepsi ok posted:

Yep, leftists aren't getting many Ws these days. They all seem to be going to the center right and far right.

Also, the planet is dying, the Nazis are back, life expectancy is going down, over a million Americans died of a preventable pandemic, there's an active genocide happening, and we're sitting on the precipice of WWIII.

You cannot understand what's happening without realizing that mass migrations are kicking off due to climate change and the current political moment is a dress rehearsal for how the major imperial powers are going to handle that.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Salt Fish posted:

You cannot understand what's happening without realizing that mass migrations are kicking off due to climate change and the current political moment is a dress rehearsal for how the major imperial powers are going to handle that.

big city libs will 100% go all in on a third world genocide because it's important to "feel safe"

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I am so glad I am leaving this shithole fascist country for another fascist country but with healthcare and decent social services/public transportation/infrastructure.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Not well, because they spent the past half century destroying state authority and legitimacy.

They will certainly try and they might think they can press all of these buttons again, but Fascism is a mass movement and they have done everything possible to end mass politics, and nationalism requires an idea of a national community, which ditto.

They can push this as far as the individual enforcers are willing to do it for a paycheque, which is still pretty far, don’t get me wrong, but just like they created volunteer militaries willing to kill people as long as it comes at no risk to themselves, the system of oppression they have created is incredibly brittle.

The order on the line here is the miserable spreadsheet economy, and that’s not something they can rally people around in defensive of in the face of growing out of control crises. As long as cops get paid they will hurt people, but when they face risks - and crises and desperation will multiply risks - we will see the same sort of paralysis we did at Uvalde.

I’m not saying the left, migrants, or any other groups that will challenge the state need to make themselves dangerous now, of course not - that would be silly and illegal - but when push comes to shove, the people wearing patches that literally say “I have one rear end to risk” are not going to die defending the Winter Palace.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 18:00 on Mar 9, 2024

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The left takes massive Ws in China, Cuba, Vietnam, etc. every day but some leftists find that very upsetting for some reason

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Deified Data posted:

The left takes massive Ws in China, Cuba, Vietnam, etc. every day but some leftists find that very upsetting for some reason

Ws.........but at what cost???????

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Deified Data posted:

thats authoritarianism!! tankie talk!!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

is pepsi ok posted:

nitpick that the Nazis never went anywhere, they got subsumed into the West to carry on the Germany/USSR conflict, Fourth Reich etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Deified Data posted:

"leftists"