Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Trump is such a god drat enigma

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/national-security-briefings-trump-are-bad-idea-rcna142454

U.S. intelligence officials are planning to brief Donald Trump on national security matters if he secures the GOP nomination this summer — despite concerns about his handling of classified information. The decision would be in keeping with a tradition that dates back to 1952, but it would mark the first time an administration has volunteered to share classified information with a candidate who is facing criminal charges related to the mishandling of classified documents.

"Tradition" meaning...Biden could just not? Frump certainly enjoyed ignoring "tradition" so if this were up to me I'd skip it, citing the clear concerns here.

:lol:if Dark Brandon said gently caress :decorum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Well, you can play GTA at home or you can pay to suicide by cops. hmmm, wait a sec

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Good news everybody!

George “I steal your baby” santos is running for Congress again (genuine lmao)

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/03/07/politics/george-santos-running-again/index.html

Reminds me of a bit from The Onions Our Dumb Century book about Marion Barry running for mayor of DC again after his crack conviction, with his official campaign promise to "smoke copious amounts of crack while in office" and how voters were favorable because they believed he'd keep his campaign promises.

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's too soon to ban sentient Musk RINO hunters, thoughts & prayers (and software updates)

You just need to go into spoiler mode and use void energy, or the Paracesis. :shrug:

CommieGIR posted:

Yup, reminder their stated goal is to push to outlaw recreational sex. Which has to be the stupidest god damned thing I've heard this century.

This or last century for me (:corsair:.)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Imagine if s/Republican/Democrat/g etc

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Waffle House posted:

I'm Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Excuse you, have some respect, he's only charged with the crimes of sexual toture and murder, dont you think its a little early to send him down the river? I am sure he's in his families thoughts are prayers.
E: does necrophilia carry a higher charge than.. oh nevermind

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

With Immunity this would not have happened!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

HKR posted:

This is quick for rural america, no matter what state you're in.

When I was a kid my neighbor's horse barn had an electrical short and started burning down. The neighbors were away, so my parents were the first to notice it. They called 911 and ran over to let the horses out of the barn. First responders, aka guys in trucks, arrived first about 15 minutes after the initial call, but it took almost 25 minutes for the first fire truck to arrive.

Yup.. this is why when you get a quote for homeowners insurance, they need to know how close the nearest fire station is. It's factored into the risk.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I never like to conclude that any significant number of people are this stupid.

Stupid, incurious, maliciously ignorant, whatever form it takes. I just hate drawing that conclusion. It just seems mean. Never mind the implications for the idea of democracy by the people and whether a population with a high enough percentage of these people deserves what it gets. I just don't want to believe it.

But... gently caress me

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Now, while I know a lot of people might fid this distasteful, but my simple plan of culling the mentally... hmm, mentally... uh, lacking, is not something I just cribbed off the Nazi's. good heavens no...

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Data Graham posted:

Stupid, incurious, maliciously ignorant, whatever form it takes. I just hate drawing that conclusion. It just seems mean. Never mind the implications for the idea of democracy by the people and whether a population with a high enough percentage of these people deserves what it gets. I just don't want to believe it.

But... gently caress me

Dude, I know it hurts. But Americans actually are this loving stupid.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1766567607107547257

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1766569243313856611

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Catastrophe posted:

Onan.
OHH AHHHHHH!
Fighter of the Night Man.
OHH AHHHHHH!
Champion of the fun.
'jackulate Man, 'jackluate Man
fucks cause his brother no longer can
he's bout to spurt ropes on the dirt
'jackulate Man

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Asterite34 posted:

It's great that there was a city that was so lovely and full of assholes that God blew it up to make an example of it and the lesson everyone took from that is "God kills people I don't like"

And then God sent an angel to explain the whole thing to the prophet Ezekiel and people still get it wrong.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Yeah, Biden looked really scared when he :owned: you. :jerkbag:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I figured he was well off but I didn't think Mr. Potato Head had that kind of money.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LMAO at “nothing scares the libs like a MAGA hat”

Marge the hats definitely inspire some feelings, but it ain’t FEAR

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1766572819490459684

Narrator: Trump did not win Georgia.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

CannonFodder posted:

'jackulate Man, 'jackluate Man
fucks cause his brother no longer can
he's bout to spurt ropes on the dirt
'jackulate Man

your attempt was much better than mine

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

MrMojok posted:

They equate fear with hate because they keep getting called stuff like 'homophobes' and 'transphobes' and 'xenophobes'.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

this is what trad wives are all in their kitchen demanding (according to conservative men).

GOP literal party by/for rapists.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

MrMojok posted:

To be honest, if I’m out in public and a truck with a white guy wearing a MAGA hat pulls up, I pretty much assume he’s armed and is there looking for an excuse to kill someone. It’s sort of safe to assume that right wing guys do that, being that they actually do that sort of stuff.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Britt spokesperson

quote:

“The story Senator Britt told was 100 percent correct. And there are more innocent victims of that kind of disgusting, brutal trafficking by the cartels than ever before right now. The Biden administration’s policies — the policies in this country that the president falsely claims are humane — have empowered the cartels and acted as a magnet to a historic level of migrants making the dangerous journey to our border.” – Sean Ross, spokesman for Sen. Katie Britt.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Whatever you have to tell yourself to get to sleep tonight, Margie.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Britt spokesperson

the ol' "no u" defense

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Data Graham posted:

But... gently caress me

15ish percent of people have an IQ of 85 or less. These are the people the US military refuses in peacetime because they can't be taught. One in 7 people you walk past in the street every day gets up every morning, follows the big fireball in the sky slack jawed and frightened until it disappears at night. They are afraid of things they don't understand, which is everything. But because they're NOT stupid in their own heads, they watch Mango Mussolini on TV who says stupid poo poo in the stupidest way possible and nod along to this genius who finally thinks and speaks the way they do. Then they vote.

One in 7. Enough, in gerrymandered districts, and under an electoral college system that favors rural empty land over people, to flip an election.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Frank Frank posted:

^^
This is why I took the kids this once (plus it was a promise)

But nah. I used to have season tickets but the amount of money required to attend in person these days is 100% not worth it unless you are fabulously wealthy plus it’s an enormous waste of time. This is like asking whether you would rather have a superbowl ticket or $15k. I will take the money every single time.

Lmao that you equate not wanting to spend thousands of dollars on an experience that really isn’t all that different at home as it is in-person as a “basement dwelling goon mindset” though.

It cost me roughly $2500 (ticket, trip, hotel) to go to Super Bowl 44 and see the Saints win their only Super Bowl. Ask me if I’d rather have that or the $2500 back in the bank.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I bet Ridgway has a middle name like Crest or Summit. Ridgeway Crest Britt, Ridgeway Summit Britt. Poor kid.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The strongest economies are the ones that are tottering and about to collapse because of a worldwide pandemic that was allowed to get worse thanks to bad choices and worse decision making

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TheKub posted:

I bet Ridgway has a middle name like Crest or Summit. Ridgeway Crest Britt, Ridgeway Summit Britt. Poor kid.

420 Ridgeway Crest Ln (PVT)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TheKub posted:

Ridgeway Reginald

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Monica Bellucci posted:

The tax or the Tesla.

Your choice.

Is that the "helicopter ride" for the Left? Threatening billionaires with a ride in a Tesla?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Data Graham posted:

But... gently caress me

You'd better believe it brother, most people are indeed just this loving stupid :sad:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
The week coming up has some lol potential:

https://www.justsecurity.org/88039/...al%20to%20begin

2. Monday, March 11, 2024

NY Election Interference: Deadline for Trump to file notice of intent to rely on advice-of-counsel defense at trial
NY Civil Fraud: Gov’t opposition due to defendants application to stay Justice Engoron judgment pending appeal before the NY Appellate Division, First Department
Carroll I: Last day for Trump to satisfy monetary judgment [Note, on March 8 Trump counsel notified the court that he had obtained a supersedeas bond in the amount of $91,630,000.00, and further requested that the court stay enforcement of the judgment pending appeal.]
3. Tuesday, March 12, 2024

MAL: Gov’t response due to defendants motion for leave to file under seal and with limited redactions in certain pretrial motions and exhibits not yet publicly filed
Blassingame: Status conference at 2:30 PM (public access line: (877) 848-7030, access code 321-8747)
4. Thursday, March 14, 2024

NY Election Interference: Decision expected on motions in limine
MAL: Non-Evidentiary hearing at 10 AM on Trump motion to dismiss based on unconstitutional vagueness and Trump and Nauta motion to dismiss based on the President Records Act; replies in support of those motions due by 8 AM, whereas replies in support of other pretrial motions due by end of day—file publicly replies that do not raise redaction/sealing matters, and for those that do, email court and counsel unredacted versions, file public notice of those replies, and file motion for leave to redact and seal certain materials
5. Friday, March 15, 2024

MAL: Any response due to amicus briefs filed in support of dismissing the indictment based on the Presidential Records Act and the alleged unlawful appointment and funding of Special Counsel Jack Smith
6. Sunday, March 17, 2024

NY Civil Fraud: Last day for Independent Monitor Barbara Jones to submit to the court (1) a proposed order “outlining the specific authority that she needs, and the obligations of defendants, in order to effectuate a productive and enhanced monitorship going forward,” and (2) a list of “persons who she recommended be appointed the Trump Organization’s “Independent Director of Compliance”

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

...What the actual gently caress

Jesus christ

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

I just now realised I always read this as Rhys Darby saying Brett.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Data Graham posted:

But... gently caress me

a significant number of people are that stupid

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Batterypowered7 posted:

Is that the "helicopter ride" for the Left? Threatening billionaires with a ride in a Tesla?

I've heard they do it to themselves.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

putin is a oval office posted:

Absolute fuckwit. Food preferences don't make people cowards you weirdo. Imagine attaching machismo to a dish lmao.
Trump eating his steaks well done says a hell of a lot about him, though, so while I'm long past making GBS threads on friends and randos for how they like their food, one of the richest men on earth eating expensive cuts of meat burnt black with loving ketchup is emblematic of some actual poo poo.