Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Theres a lot of good WR in this draft, Denver can easily replace him with someone better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Guys this isn't the draft thread but once again I'm falling in love with a receiver for the Chiefs only to be heartbroken when they pass on Xavier Worthy for some guy that I will try to talk myself into like Skyy Moore

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

kiimo posted:

Guys this isn't the draft thread but once again I'm falling in love with a receiver for the Chiefs only to be heartbroken when they pass on Xavier Worthy for some guy that I will try to talk myself into like Skyy Moore

that sucks. wouldn't want to be a chiefs fan.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

that sucks. wouldn't want to be a chiefs fan.

I figure they're nearing the half way point of a decade of spectacular failure

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah he’s bad. Good for Cleveland tho

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Nodoze posted:

Theres a lot of good WR in this draft, Denver can easily replace him with someone better

I’m not sure I trust the guy that hired Hackett and made the Russell Wilson trade to do that!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Great Value WR

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm OK with the Browns collecting bad players

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
They traded for Elijah Moore in season after not getting Jeudy only to get Jeudy later. Just collecting lovely receivers

Legendary jag only because Steve Smith roasted him
https://twitter.com/NickPedone12/status/1766520046010937717?s=19

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They traded for Elijah Moore in season after not getting Jeudy only to get Jeudy later. Just collecting lovely receivers

Legendary jag only because Steve Smith roasted him
https://twitter.com/NickPedone12/status/1766520046010937717?s=19

Never piss off Steve Smith.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I like the Jeudy deal for the Broncos. He's on his fifth year option deal - big cap hit this year, free agent after that. Whatever potential he still may have to improve, they would have had to overpay to keep him in '25 (because he's not exactly happy with the team; who would be?), so what they're trading away is one season of his services. Getting two picks, even if they're day 3, is a good haul for a team that is going to need to fill roster spots cheaply for the next two years.

The Browns are in an interesting spot; Amari Cooper and Elijah Moore are in the last year of their deals as well. So they'll need to either extend someone, or sign/draft WRs, in '25 - while they're still paying Watson 22% of their cap. I wonder if they'll try and extend Jeudy cheaply before the season - or if Jeudy will want to bet on himself.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I think the Jeudy deal makes sense for the Browns. He's getting $13 million, but a decent 2/3 FA would cost about that or more. I mean, Christian Kirk is getting 18 a year as one of the few WRs who actually hits FA. If Jeudy breaks out, they can tag him. If he doesn't, then who cares.

I think teams should do things to accumulate players with potential. That's my hot take.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
People really underrate the oppourtunity cost of giving players snaps.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The only problem with Jeudy is he sucks.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I can kind of see the merit of the proven commodity but I mean, Jeudy isn't suddenly going to become a better route runner or a more aggressive player. He still plays soft and still won't be an offensive focal point. Denver for sure got the better of the deal.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ehh...I wouldn't say he sucks but he definitely won't live up to where he was selected.

Decent #3, bad #2. You could do worse.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

we're not going to talk about jeudy

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Why is Jeudy bad, legitimately? I haven't watched many Broncos games. His stats are fine. He has better stats than dudes who will end up costing more in FA. Is it just because he never lived up to the draft status?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Woozie66 posted:

Why is Jeudy bad, legitimately? I haven't watched many Broncos games. His stats are fine. He has better stats than dudes who will end up costing more in FA. Is it just because he never lived up to the draft status?

no idea, last offseason patriots talking heads had me hyped to trade for him, and that price is super cheap

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

I'm not a denver fan but I've watched a few of their games over the last two years and he's a bit of a downhill skier. He's fine to take a catches and run routes when he's against a zone coverage but he doesn't seem to relish beating someone at the point of attack and I can remember several plays where he short armed a ball in traffic to avoid laying out and taking damage and having 3rd down catches bounce of his hands. He doesn't seem overly willing as a blocker either. Steve Smith is a dick but he's often brutally honest and he was right when he called Jeudy soft. He's fine as I guess a third receiver or something but he's not as reliable as other slot guys and he's not as attacking as other flankers. He's kind of in-between the two in his role and play. At least as I see it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

BlindSite posted:

I'm not a denver fan but I've watched a few of their games over the last two years and he's a bit of a downhill skier. He's fine to take a catches and run routes when he's against a zone coverage but he doesn't seem to relish beating someone at the point of attack and I can remember several plays where he short armed a ball in traffic to avoid laying out and taking damage and having 3rd down catches bounce of his hands. He doesn't seem overly willing as a blocker either. Steve Smith is a dick but he's often brutally honest and he was right when he called Jeudy soft. He's fine as I guess a third receiver or something but he's not as reliable as other slot guys and he's not as attacking as other flankers. He's kind of in-between the two in his role and play. At least as I see it.

That's a good assessment.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1766639518885781946?t=cUGf9JfXF3sYIIRdoYboXQ&s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

BlindSite posted:

That all makes sense. Thanks! And I hope being with Cooper on and off the field helps him break those habits hahaha.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1766670637525844170?t=-NfDHfNcEALlxkQJ7CwrVg&s=19

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

BlindSite posted:

Yeah this is pretty accurate. He can get open but he doesn't make contested catches well enough to be an outside deep threat. If he could take hits and stay healthy he could be a slot guy, but I wouldn't bet on that happening.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

BlindSite posted:

I can kind of see the merit of the proven commodity but I mean, Jeudy isn't suddenly going to become a better route runner or a more aggressive player. He still plays soft and still won't be an offensive focal point. Denver for sure got the better of the deal.

Do the Browns ever get the better part of a deal?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Steve Smith is one of the few players I am genuinely jealous that he wasn't an eagle.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Asproigerosis posted:

Steve Smith is one of the few players I am genuinely jealous that he wasn't an eagle.

Listen, when you get a chance to draft a Freddie Mitchell, you have to take it

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Farewell McCorkle

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1766843436013900080?s=20

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
First stage of fixing the trevor bust mistake perhaps?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

i cannot imagine replacing TLaw with Mac loving Jones

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Two more trades to go before Trevor is the only 1st rounder left from 2021.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

One Steve Smith is a Super Bowl winning Wide Receiver, the other is a bitter old TV analyst.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Pats taking JJ Mccarthy confirmed.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

pmchem posted:

i cannot imagine replacing TLaw with Mac loving Jones

I can. It would be hilarious.

Mac's clearly a backup. He probably fits well with Doug's offense but won't elevate anything

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Now they can finally trade hair in real life.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Forrest on Fire posted:

I can. It would be hilarious.

Mac's clearly a backup. He probably fits well with Doug's offense but won't elevate anything

Pederson won a Super Bowl with a backup.

Mac Jones is going to be the next Big Dick Nick.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1766865488775119318?t=rUBxIFyu5BvfwkW0d8NTNQ&s=19

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Shrimpy posted:

Pederson won a Super Bowl with a backup.

Mac Jones is going to be the next Big Dick Nick.

Big Sack Mac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1766824315230584923

lol