Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

Bussamove posted:

I've been running the EAT a lot recently but I do love the autocannon for a good all-round support weapon. My only complaint is it can't take down dropships but if it could I would literally use nothing else.

I run AC and EAT against bugs all the time and it owns. The cooldown is so low on the EAT that you can have them available pretty much on demand. The AC shreds spitters and does amazing crowd control.

The combo works great on bots too; you can call in an EAT in time to shoot dropship engines before the bots land, destroying them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

The game always gives you a hellbomb call-in when your standing in the objective area. The 380mm HE barrage will do it too, but I still don't recommend bringing it.

380 absolutely ruins bot bases now.

turn off the TV posted:

imo it would be good if they gave the mech a melee attack that you could use by pressing the melee button instead of what it currently has

It has a melee attack you can use by pressing the melee button though?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
https://i.imgur.com/KR3RXBL.mp4
Not me, I wish I was that good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

The game always gives you a hellbomb call-in when your standing in the objective area. The 380mm HE barrage will do it too, but I still don't recommend bringing it.

My team spent like 15 ill-fated minutes trying to kill one of those fuckers, no matter where any of us stood in the complex the hellbomb prompt never appeared

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

nexus6 posted:

absolute johnny rico poo poo right here

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

nexus6 posted:

hell yeah

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

I will be the first one to say it: if they nerfed the Breaker, the Shield and the Railgun, I don't see how they won't nerf the Mech, because at least against Terminids is SO GOOD.

There isn't a way to reload the mechs when they run out of ammo, right? That seems like a big limiting factor.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Reiley posted:

There isn't a way to reload the mechs when they run out of ammo, right? That seems like a big limiting factor.

No, there isn't. When it's out of ammo you just have to abandon it.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

ijyt posted:

Nope! Frankly there should be an auto-destruct option to prevent the perfidious enemy from getting their actuators/claws on it.

I very strongly agree. An option to trigger a hellbomb built into the suit's core.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
If you could reload the mechs they'd be FLAGRANTLY overpowered

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Just did a mission where I had 3 mech call downs and 3 deaths from blowing myself up by firing a missile while turning

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lprsti99 posted:

It has a melee attack you can use by pressing the melee button though?

they mostly do not actually

i think that out of the last five robots i've called in i've been able to stomp three times total

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 10, 2024

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
The option for mechs to call in stratagems is probably as far as they will go, if that. Apparently, players begged for mechs to be buffed for many years in HD1 and the devs just said no. And I can see why. You have to admit they would be way more than just "support" weapons with barely any buffs at all. I wouldn't expect any mobility or functionality increases.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

When mechs run out of ammo you should be able to launch them at enemies and have them self destruct

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Ppl really just want to be able to walk over the game but really don't want to click a lower difficulty

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

diff 5 is about as hard as I can do solo, especially against bugs when spitters of all sizes start spamming. diff 9 can be thrilling but more often I just find it tedious. The most fun I've had with the game was with a dialed in team on diff 7, or just casually roaming the countryside in diff 4 and 5 playing duos like a drunkard. I feel like a section of the community is already taking the game way too seriously. Just have fun. gently caress the meta if you don't like it, play whatever, be fun loving and forgiving, don't kick people unless they are being egregious and purposeful teamkilling shitheads or calling the extract way too soon. If homies don't bring the right strats for a hard mission, try to compensate and give them stuff. Try and reinforce where someone died so they can get their stuff. Trust the devs, support the divers. Be a bro, not a reddit user.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

The orbital railgun won't 1hk the eye of sauron?

E:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

diff 5 is about as hard as I can do solo, especially against bugs when spitters of all sizes start spamming. diff 9 can be thrilling but more often I just find it tedious. The most fun I've had with the game was with a dialed in team on diff 7, or just casually roaming the countryside in diff 4 and 5 playing duos like a drunkard. I feel like a section of the community is already taking the game way too seriously. Just have fun. gently caress the meta if you don't like it, play whatever, be fun loving and forgiving, don't kick people unless they are being egregious and purposeful teamkilling shitheads or calling the extract way too soon. If homies don't bring the right strats for a hard mission, try to compensate and give them stuff. Try and reinforce where someone died so they can get their stuff. Trust the devs, support the divers. Be a bro, not a reddit user.

This is me pretty much as well. IDGAF about meta. I'll play 7s to get materials and whatever, and I'll play below that and just do whatever whenever.

Worf fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 10, 2024

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Jolo posted:

For me, this was because I had quick grenade mapped to L1/Left Bumper. Before the patch, calling up a strategem from holding L1 would ignore the quick grenade. Now for some dumb reason the quick grenade will also equip your grenade if it's set to this button and you hold the button for stratagems.

I had to swap quick grenade to Long Press R1 and then move the hold R1 chat functions off of that button.

From my memory of before the patch, the quick grenade button wouldn't do anything unless you were aiming. You could tap or hold L1 and nothing would happen. Now tapping your quick grenade button will throw a grenade even without aiming but it has introduced problems of having grenades equipped when you don't intend to.
Ah that’ll be it, thanks. I have Quick Grenade bound to L1, which worked fine (and still does) independently of this bug.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

nexus6 posted:

Nice moves. Where'd you learn how to do that, Helldiver?

Futzing around on Medium Difficulty. Am I getting people dropping out of matches because of spotty netcode or are people just getting fussy about not playing optimally?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

flipsixthreehole maneuver perfected in helldiver academy handegg tournaments

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

Futzing around on Medium Difficulty. Am I getting people dropping out of matches because of spotty netcode or are people just getting fussy about not playing optimally?

There are a lot of bugs in this game that make my game crash to desktop and pretty much all of them happen during a match

I changed a mouse sensitivity setting, as soon as I applied it instantly crashed

Somebody picked up an arc thrower and then tried to use it and disconnected/CTD, and then I also picked it up and tried to use it and CTD

This game actually has a lot of ways to crash to desktop unfortunately for me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

i occasionally drop a match out of sheer embarrassment, usually playing badly when tired or hungry. if i feel a failscade coming on i'll sometimes drop so that i don't kill someone's reinforcement budget.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i occasionally drop a match out of sheer embarrassment, usually playing badly when tired or hungry. if i feel a failscade coming on i'll sometimes drop so that i don't kill someone's reinforcement budget.

You would have to die six times to put them at -1

Reinforcements scale with the amount of people in the match

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Jerkface posted:

How much of the flamethrower effectiveness is due to the charger leg armor desync issues? I wonder if thats ever going to be patched and what effect it will have. Im way too autocannon pilled to swap support weapons now so I think I will wait for a patch or 2 for the dust to clear.
As far as I know, none. It just hits through armor so the leg armor bug(and the armor in general) is irrelevant.

turn off the TV posted:

i can't see the intended role of the flamethrower effectively being a precision anti armor weapon that can situationally clear groups of enemies effectively.
Well, it's not really anti-armor, it's "anti this one specific armored bug". It's useless against bile titans and terrible in general against robots.
Cooking an armored bug inside its shell seems completely reasonable to me, it's just the focusing on one leg bit that's odd... but that applies to every good charger strat right now, as a function of how their legs work.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

So when I'm solo and nobody is joining a match if I die is the mission supposed to fail and boot me back to the ship? I went down while calling for an extraction solo and the mission wouldn't end until I exited back to the supercarrier option.

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

nexus6 posted:

This offends me. I’ve tried to do it three times and was instantly killed on landing every time.

Now I see this video.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I just had a mission with two stalker nests right next to each other and holy hell i hated that. The output from those nests is a nightmare

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Worf posted:

You would have to die six times to put them at -1

Reinforcements scale with the amount of people in the match

Yes.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

No, you just automatically get reinforced until your budget runs out. Same thing happens if you squad wipe.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I haven't had any bad experiences with pubs, most of my time being on 7. I mean a bunch of people are bad but none of them have been assholes.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

So when I'm solo and nobody is joining a match if I die is the mission supposed to fail and boot me back to the ship? I went down while calling for an extraction solo and the mission wouldn't end until I exited back to the supercarrier option.

You will auto-reinforce as a solo as long as you have the budget for it, otherwise the mission ends Worthwhile Sacrifice with no extract if you've completed the main objective, or Failure if you haven't. If you're stuck then it's a bug.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Just spotted this on the galaxy map and god help me I'm easily pleased

https://twitter.com/Brainmage/status/1766619653332152499?s=20

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Arc Hammer posted:

That's what, difficulty 3? You can probably succeed there without even bringing any stratagems so it's probably just people leaving because they need to go or crashing/getting disconnected.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
So, when devs say that we are supposed to rely more on our support weapons and primaries shouldn't be all powerful, I wonder if they even realize they made a game that does this?
https://packaged-media.redd.it/yi29...8c6d5d0f860#t=0
Stolen from Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1bae4hx/postpatch_helldive_difficulty_is_some_fucking/

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apple Craft posted:

So, when devs say that we are supposed to rely more on our support weapons and primaries shouldn't be all powerful, I wonder if they even realize they made a game that does this?
Stolen from Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1bae4hx/postpatch_helldive_difficulty_is_some_fucking/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CNPR2qNzxk

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Apple Craft posted:

yes, because they also made a game that has four players teams in it

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Flint_Paper posted:

Just spotted this on the galaxy map and god help me I'm easily pleased

https://twitter.com/Brainmage/status/1766619653332152499?s=20

There's also a Zegema Paradise

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Apple Craft posted:

6 minutes left on the hardest difficulty and people are complaining that there are too many specials.

Answer feels like its either pick an easier difficulty if you're having trouble or move faster. (Also ironically mechs and strategems would help in that situation).

Hell id be more worried with that many chargers / stalkers than titans.

Edit: jesus I didn't even notice they're trying to solo it hahahaha. It's a coop game, play with people. If your gonna go all LetMeSoloHer you dont get to bitch about balance just cause your playing a super special hard mode challenge for yourself.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 10, 2024

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

None. P sure the flamethrower just goes thru armor

So an actually true to real life flamethrower.

Old man Fire doesn't care that you're in a metal box. Old man Fire wants you dead. Turns out big metal boxes conduct heat really well and liquid fire finds a lot of cracks and holes to go find friends in. Like fuel and ammunition to sympathetically detonate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

one mech can kill 7 bile titans. a whole squad can kill 30. and that's not counting the other three strategems they'd have available.

ZeusCannon posted:

6 minutes left on the hardest difficulty and people are complaining that there are too many specials.

Answer feels like its either pick an easier difficulty if you're having trouble or move faster. (Also ironically mechs and strategems would help in that situation).

Hell id be more worried with that many chargers / stalkers than titans.

Edit: jesus I didn't even notice they're trying to solo it hahahaha. It's a coop game, play with people. If your gonna go all LetMeSoloHer you dont get to bitch about balance just cause your playing a super special hard mode challenge for yourself.

it's also a bug extermination holdout mission

atm a full squad can probably spawn with enough strategems to kill 40-50 bile titans on the first cooldown. i think that they will live with 10 in 9 minutes.