Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehuPVVD8G2s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

That DICK! posted:

the rlm threadies have been announced

best topic: star trek

poster of the year: kalel

x jakk in memorium video

post of the year: "I’m going to watch the Mickey Mouse (tm) classic When the Cat’s Away (c) (1929), which is only legally available streaming on Disney+" by poisonpill

Thank you, thank you. It feels good to be recognized by my peers

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

sure okay posted:

Oscars were invented to stroke actor egos in order to pay them less

and trick people during the great depression to spend money on movies

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
continually baffled as to what the gently caress straight people think a twink is

it's like if we jokingly used the word "frotting" to describe a picture of two guys hugging with their hips too close together and now five years later everybody is using the word frot to describe any frontal contact between two males. it's close but horribly, almost offensively wrong. this must end.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vakal posted:

Can anyone even remember the last time an actor was in a movie so bad that it actually ruined their career?

I feel that hasn't been a thing since the pre-80's and when actors quit the business now it's mostly due to them just being tired with all the poo poo.

master of disguise or league of extraordinery gentlemen maybe? carvey hasn't done anything since and the guy that was originally supposed to play aragorn probably got shitcanned from being in league

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Cubone posted:

continually baffled as to what the gently caress straight people think a twink is

it's like if we jokingly used the word "frotting" to describe a picture of two guys hugging with their hips too close together and now five years later everybody is using the word frot to describe any frontal contact between two males. it's close but horribly, almost offensively wrong. this must end.

it's pretty much socially acceptable f-slur at this point

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Vakal posted:

Can anyone even remember the last time an actor was in a movie so bad that it actually ruined their career?

I feel that hasn't been a thing since the pre-80's and when actors quit the business now it's mostly due to them just being tired with all the poo poo.

Black Adam? Star wars 9?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh black adam is good one since rock ran back to wrestling after it

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

agreed. instead of twink lets call him what he actually looks like…a 28 yr old little boy

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

agreed. instead of twink lets call him what he actually looks like…a 28 yr old little boy

that's only if you're straight

my skinny rear end could've been wilt chamberlain if I'd only been lucky enough to be born gay

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's just a relative measurement, anyone skinnier than you is twink

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

priznat posted:

Twinks seem to be the ones you gotta keep your eye on lest they go fash at the drop of a hat

Of course. They are basically short person syndrome but applied to depth and width as well as height.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

It's just a relative measurement, anyone skinnier than you is twink

Convert the world into twinks with one simple trick

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Vakal posted:

Cassian of Imola posted:

Ruined? idk. I can think of more recent instances of performers trying to make the jump to film from stand-up or tv and getting bounced out of Hollywood after their first mainstream lead role — Tom Green, Elizabeth Berkley, Tupac, etc.

Wikipedia posted:

Tupac Amaru Shakur (/ˈtuːpɑːk ʃəˈkʊər/ TOO-pahk shə-KOOR; born Lesane Parish Crooks; June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996)

I got some real bad news about what year it is, how old you are, the location of your hairline, who was US President from 2016-2020, exactly how stupid most people are when there is an international medical emergency that mildly inconveniences them, Star Wars, Cinema in general, and the Weinstein company.

Very happy you have awoken safely from your coma though.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Thank you 🙌

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

That DICK! posted:

the rlm threadies have been announced

best topic: star trek

poster of the year: kalel

x jakk in memorium video

post of the year: "I’m going to watch the Mickey Mouse (tm) classic When the Cat’s Away (c) (1929), which is only legally available streaming on Disney+" by poisonpill

aww :unsmith:

but are you sure this isn't a moonlight/la la land situation? the actual winner should be cubone imho

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Lifetime achievement is yet to be announced

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

best post editing: hackers film 1995 for editing “i mean really, harvey weinsteins work in total should be judged outside of whatever alleged crimes he allegedly committed” to “they fly now? they fly now. lol”

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think there are ways to let people have swordfights in your setting that don't involve extremely easily to trigger nuclear explosions that no one ever tries to take advantage of

You see the fremen firing a lasgun at a shield in the opening of dunc part un

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 9, 2024

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Flinger posted:

it's pretty much socially acceptable f-slur at this point

It is that yeah

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
PSYCORPS

Nothing is worth dying for, except Palestinians for Israel

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Harkonnens also fire a laser at Duncan's clearly-shielded ornithopter. Based on what we see, there does not appear to be any adverse relation at all between shields and lasers in the movies.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

kalel posted:

aww :unsmith:

but are you sure this isn't a moonlight/la la land situation? the actual winner should be cubone imho

Hold on a minute my TittyFuckers 2 post was last year but so was Oppenheimer so wtf is this poo poo

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

howard the duck was never in another movie

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i watched ricky stanicky. 3.25 stars

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Illmade posted:

The Harkonnens also fire a laser at Duncan's clearly-shielded ornithopter. Based on what we see, there does not appear to be any adverse relation at all between shields and lasers in the movies.

Some video or post I saw claimed that the shields on the ornithopter clearly got knocked out by the first missile they shot at him. That's not at all what it looked like to me. But I guess it could be an in film explanation

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Improbable Lobster posted:

Was that a lasgun?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

best post editing: hackers film 1995 for editing “i mean really, harvey weinsteins work in total should be judged outside of whatever alleged crimes he allegedly committed” to “they fly now? they fly now. lol”

bohemian rapesody

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Dune 2 is excellent. You could nitpick a few things, but if they make another one it'll probably be this generation's Lord of the Rings trilogy

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I appreciated the audience reactions in the screenings I've been to. a guy near the front row in my opening weekend viewing reacted to several moments in the final movement with "oh-ho-ho-hoooo"'s and "god drat!!"'s. in my next one the guy next to me leaned forward and made the tim and eric mind blown gesture when atj showed up lol. this second guy was on his phone for the half the movie though so when the credits rolled I was forced to behead him

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I would simply ask the drafthouse staff throw out such layabouts

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

Kingo Ligma posted:

I got some real bad news about what year it is, how old you are, the location of your hairline, who was US President from 2016-2020, exactly how stupid most people are when there is an international medical emergency that mildly inconveniences them, Star Wars, Cinema in general, and the Weinstein company.

Very happy you have awoken safely from your coma though.

1996 isn't more recent than 'pre-80s'?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Vakal posted:

Rihanna, Battleship.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Gripweed posted:

Rihanna, Battleship.

Was that before or after she was in Valyrian City of 1000 Planets?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Rihanna, Battleship.

No it was Beyoncé

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

that piece of poo poo ruined austin powers 3. no respect for the role or the material. i hope she rots in hell

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

That DICK! posted:

that piece of poo poo ruined austin powers 3. no respect for the role or the material. i hope she rots in hell

No, that was mike meyers

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

That DICK! posted:

We’ll never know if Scotty would’ve been a good Primary Antagonist

we’ll never know if Austin and Dr. Evil could team up successfully

It’s like The Last Jedi but more so

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Vim Fuego posted:

No, that was mike meyers

hes turning us into monsters

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just watched Wonka because it showed up on Max. It looked absolutely dreadful from the trailers, so I didn't bother seeing it in theaters, but then I heard a bunch of people praising it for being charming which really confused me. I figured I'd try to go in with an open mind, though.

Turns out my reaction to the trailers was right. It sucked, and wasn't even charming like I'd heard. I'm sure there were worse movies that came out last year, but this one was painfully dull. The only memorable scene was at the end when Wonka and his friend nearly get drowned with chocolate and it looks like they're drowning in poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
PSYCORPS

Nothing is worth dying for, except Palestinians for Israel

Rageaholic posted:

The only memorable scene was at the end when Wonka and his friend nearly get drowned with chocolate and it looks like they're drowning in poo poo.

I feel like this is a metaphor for Hollywood