Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Your aber camus

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Whlatever Youi sounds like a Bionicle

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Okay it turns out that I owe AI apps an apology because whatever app this moron used wasn't actually responsible for the terrible anatomy and pose and facial expression on that model since it turns out the dumbass drew all that terrible amateurish poo poo himself and used AI to add details:

:psyduck:

There's an entire knowyourmeme page about this bullshit which includes a whole lot of art that people drew as a response

E: lol

Sorry for bringing this back up but christ, this looks like something my assmaster cousin would do. We both went to art school a quarter of a century ago for animation, with neither of us going anywhere with it. His work was loving terrible but he was convinced by everyone in his bubble that he was a prodigy (I was too but I pretty rapidly snapped out of it and into reality), and in the years he practiced his craft, he didn’t improve one loving iota. In all that time, he also became a transhumanist weirdo who fully expects to be able to live forever by uploading his memories into an SD card or whatever, so I fully expect him to embrace this AI art horseshit too.

I haven’t spoken to him in more than fifteen years but it would not surprise me to find he’s become a total chud and a huge fan of The Boer too. He claimed to be a Bernie Bro in the past, despite having never voted in anything other than a general presidential election. I’d have a suspicion that he’s the guy in this tweet but that style isn’t his.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The reason the ai babble books on amazon are happening so quickly is because they already had a pipeline doing that but filling them with random websites and wikipedia pages

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I didn't know cnet was still around https://twitter.com/d_feldman/status/1763437541552750775?t=pq--ZgXrKQgmZvAVNnN_WQ&s=19

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phy posted:

I was thinking about it this morning, and I think it's gonna get a lot harder to trust buying things online even when you're trying to avoid the Aliexpress dropshippers crapping up Amazon.

E: and I guess my point is that I think everything else is gonna get crapped up the same way.

I had a post earlier ITT about online vendors using AI-generated images for product ads and the items which got shipped to gullible customers were hilariously shoddy

AI ad:

What people actually receive:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Also vendors have been using ChatGPT to auto-generate ad copy on Amazon and it didn't go well
https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1745873328894869933
I'm guessing they tried to use ChatGPT to get a product description translated into Spanish but the product just happens to be black (el producto es negro) and that's a no-no word

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I didn't know cnet was still around

Sports Illustrated pulled a similar stunt a few months ago but went one step further and generated fake writers with fake photos & bios

Sports Illustrated was busted publishing articles attributed to fake authors with AI-generated bio photos: https://futurism.com/sports-illustrated-ai-generated-writers

Apparently they bought the 'content' from a third party which didn't even bother to cover their tracks at all, the site where they got the fake bio photos still had them featured:

For a while there every time someone found a fake author and called them out the magazine would just delete their name from the article and sub in a replacement fake person, lol

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023
seems like the bigger issue is news media dying as an industry

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

ScreenDoorThrillr posted:

seems like the bigger issue is objective truth news media dying as an industry

Ftfy

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Inb4 philosophy 101 well-actuallying about the concept of objective truth.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Perception is reality motherbitch

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Splicer posted:

Inb4 philosophy 101 well-actuallying about the concept of objective truth.

Legit posted that and then was like "welp wont be able to come back to that thread for a while until they get cave metaphors out of their system"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Perception is reality motherbitch

I perceive that I'm married to Jennifer Lawrence so it's obviously reality. I can't wait to tell her!

ZeusCannon posted:

Legit posted that and then was like "welp wont be able to come back to that thread for a while until they get cave metaphors out of their system"

Plato's cave but with malformed limbs and enormous breasts.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ImpAtom posted:

... Man, that makes me really angry

More like little bunny FRAUD FRAUD

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I'm watching Last Week Tonight and I see that Willy Wonka thing is being mentioned. I had no idea it had reached that level of... fame?... well, I mean, I thought it was this really dinky small thing that some goons were made aware of. I am somewhat annoyed by it, kind of, in a weird way, that it's on Last Week Tonight. I don't feel like it deserves it. It was such a derpy little thing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Goons know about it because it went viral at large. Not the other way around. SA is no longer a cultural powerhouse of spreading the dumbest and worst things on the internet.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A whole lot of news media sites covered it as well

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I guess that's what makes me feel like the wind was taken out of my sails.

I was sharing the story thinking it was something nobody had heard. I was like, Oh you gotta see this.

But it was a thing everyone was seeing. I like like a child pointing to the clouds and being like GUYS THERE ARE CLOUDS UP THERE

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Don't worry, a lot of people are way more disconnected than you think. A couple of days ago someone at work was talking about chat GPT and I pointed out that they shouldn't use it because it was terrible, that's how we ended up with that willy wonka thing and half the room were like "what willy wonka thing?"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

These points are technically accurate... but what do they mean by "steal" A.I. generated images? It acknowledges that it's not tangible.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“some”

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Counterpoint: AI generated images are not copywrite protected, so come at me, bro.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Slowly developing a craftsman's wisdom, learning by practice that the AI doesn't know what "hooters" are

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Antivehicular posted:

Slowly developing a craftsman's wisdom, learning by practice that the AI doesn't know what "hooters" are

"Hey DallE, plz show me sexy Russian lady with huge hooters" :hchatter: :f5:

No not like that! :arghfist::mad:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

so the tangibility has been established, what about the fungibility?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

You're making it sound so appealing!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
"Some vocabulary required"

Setting the bar real high with that one.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Wow! I want that on a shirt!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Was kind of expecting the text to slowly turn into AI generated sludge.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
It's amazing how quickly the internet is getting polluted with AI content, so future scrapes are going to ingest even more AI content and become even weirder. The waffleimages archive is basically the internet version of low-background steel at this point. One rare source of images guaranteed to be uncorrupted by AI.

the holy poopacy posted:

My wife was asking me the other night what I was laughing at so I showed her the Wonka ads from this thread and she showed me an Amazon listing for a book of crochet patterns that she had been looking at the other day. The cover had some cute, very normal looking crocheted bags laid out nicely, the description sounded pretty normal, but the only couple of reviews were all intensely negative. So she read the reviews and sure enough, the contents are 100% AI generated: none of the bags featured on the cover have patterns inside, the patterns that are included are at best bare bones but are often nonsensical, it doesn't have the charts or photos claimed, and most of the book is AI generated gobblydegook often about completely different topics.

It's cool how AI is meant to make computer programmers redundant because it follows simple rigid rules and it's easily testable, so it's easy to make an AI "understand" it. Whereas it completely fucks up knitting patterns which also follow simple rigid rules and are easily testable.

Anyway, for content. Everyone's a crap newspaper cartoonist now.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Mister Evrart is helping me find my pothole fish

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Fisher is a MAN with a HOOK

🤣

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This might be the one useful application for horrendously bad AI art: attention-grabbing warning posters. If I saw something like this on a noticeboard at a public park I'd stop to look at it.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ah gently caress theyre gonna put that one us agency intern outta business goddamnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Ticks resident evil