Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

probably still the only one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

boo boo bear posted:

I was under the impression that Khan was looking to develop more regional partners, like the prc, and Sharif was more in the america first/fortress cia camp, is that not correct?

Nah Khan was not pro China. He wasn't all that anti- America either until maybe the last leg of his rule before he got kicked out. Probably he was using the anti-American talking point to rile up the populism.

Pakistan politic is very interesting and unique, hard to compare to other country's politic.

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIRISWV2JFQ

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

on the contrary I think the homeschooled guys who don't work and don't fight should stick around and everyone else should leave

They should all just loving leave

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
The PRC invests a lot in china and has fought wars with india. People in pakistan will have very positive views of china as a baseline.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

good interview also lol at his laughing at the terrorist designation

Let's see who has the last laugh once Ansarallah finally learns why Americans don't have free healthcare.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

The PRC invests a lot in china and has fought wars with india. People in pakistan will have very positive views of china as a baseline.

:unsmith:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Death By The Blues posted:

I mean we do have aragh saggi. Do wish that Shiraz got back into the winemaking business. Europeans used to important their wines from them and apparently they made the best wine ever, similar to sherry.

Try some greek wines imo. Retsina ftw

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

stephenthinkpad posted:

Nah Khan was not pro China. He wasn't all that anti- America either until maybe the last leg of his rule before he got kicked out. Probably he was using the anti-American talking point to rile up the populism.

Pakistan politic is very interesting and unique, hard to compare to other country's politic.

I meant Khan was more independent in terms of foreign diplomacy, more neutral and looking to develop relationships all across the region as opposed to the chokehold that the isi had for the last few decades.

absolutely no clue where Sharif is going to take things and the rather blatant vote rigging and manipulation read like clumsy cia backed nonsense, not something China would be so careless with.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Pretty sure the vote was rigged by the Pakistani military.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

boo boo bear posted:

I meant Khan was more independent in terms of foreign diplomacy, more neutral and looking to develop relationships all across the region as opposed to the chokehold that the isi had for the last few decades.

absolutely no clue where Sharif is going to take things and the rather blatant vote rigging and manipulation read like clumsy cia backed nonsense, not something China would be so careless with.

I mean... what did Sharif get up to all the other years he was PM before? I'd expect more in that direction, whatever that means

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
Hey so whatever happened to that UN Genocide resolution from South Africa or whatever, didn't they pass that? With a month deadline for compliance from Israel? What's that status of that?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
america deserved 9/11 and deserve every atrocity that will be committed against them

=====

Biden: There is no red line towards Israel, and I will never abandon it, nor will I cut off weapons from it

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1766593659481264214?s=46

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

GoLambo posted:

Hey so whatever happened to that UN Genocide resolution from South Africa or whatever, didn't they pass that? With a month deadline for compliance from Israel? What's that status of that?

Israel submitted its report two weeks ago. idk when/if the ICJ is supposed to make a ruling about it.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Al-Saqr posted:

america deserved 9/11 and deserve every atrocity that will be committed against them

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Spergin Morlock posted:

I mean... what did Sharif get up to all the other years he was PM before? I'd expect more in that direction, whatever that means

looting the country
think what alsaqr says about the gulf state monarchs, but greedier

Brucolac
Jun 14, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

=====

Biden: There is no red line towards Israel, and I will never abandon it, nor will I cut off weapons from it

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1766593659481264214?s=46

It will be cool when this ancient ghoul finally fucks off.

cummunism420
Apr 21, 2022

How! posted:

I ripped a Zionist flag off a business in my small town and threw it into the street.

who taught a crow to post??

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Iran stays winning

https://twitter.com/IranObserver0/status/1766470359488889298

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

thats right

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

How long until they've also been bombed by munitions or terminal velocity aid packages?

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

speng31b posted:

we should give hamas a nuke

been saying this

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

How! posted:

I ripped a Zionist flag off a business in my small town and threw it into the street.

every little bit helps thank you. i mean this unironically, every small contribution matters.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Strep Vote posted:

They are, Israel is not subtle about using forums for hasbara, these fucks have been here since i joined these forums. A rotating cast of calm hitlers come in and out of here using the same tactics and should be banned on sight. https://mepc.org/speeches/hasbara-and-control-narrative-element-strategy

Sowing discord and forcing people to self censor... I feel like VIL who is always mentioning that there must have been rapes by Hamas and we must be sure to mention that we don't believe NO rapes happened is an example of the equivocating that springs from directly engaging with hasbara agents that then replicates in the discourse.

vil has terminal nordic academia brain & is under my protection.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

report from aljazeera on the current status of the war

===

Gaza war?

A wonderful military analysis by Al Jazeera, we recommend watching it

The professional analysis covered many military topics related to the Battle of Al-Aqsa Flood and the ongoing war on the Gaza Strip, the most important of which were:

- Criteria for measuring victory and defeat approved by the US Military Academy, and these are some of them:

1- Transparency of the battlefield, which is the ability of armies to collect intelligence information to engineer the battle accordingly.

2 - The ability of armies to destroy the enemy’s firepower, to remove danger from attacking and advancing forces and residential gatherings far from the battlefield.

3 - The armies need field command centers to manage operations and coordination, and to keep them outside the framework of targeting, by adopting small command centers that can be moved when needed.

Points of Zionist failure in this war, according to a military research paper issued by the US Army:

1 - Collapse of the safe border theory.

2- The image of the army as a deterrent force has collapsed.

3- The absence of a detailed and comprehensive military plan capable of adapting to field changes.

4 - The fragility of society in its inability to withstand a prolonged state of war.

5- The absence of political leaders capable of managing crises.

From our point of view, one of the most important secrets of the success of Operation Al-Aqsa Flood, which contributed to achieving the strategic surprise that the Al-Qassam General Staff sought to implement in a massive attack on October 7; It is known as the theory of asymmetric warfare.

Which is one of the patterns of action that countries and classical armies were forced into, small and unwilling, while the leaders of classical armies desire, which is to confront an enemy with well-known features, who has a clear address and a known combat formation and organization, who plays with the same rules of the game, so they confront him within well-applied rules and principles of action. They read each other and anticipate each other's future movement.

But the surprise was when people who had not graduated from regular military colleges entered the arena of military action and combat action, and whose action in the field was not governed by a political decision linked to international, regional, or local circles, and they were the ones who became known as non-state actors. Their actions were unexpected, and their future movements were not foreseen. In fact, they are undisciplined, and by doing so they mixed up the cards of their regular military counterparts, as the regulars have measuring and sensing tools that are not suitable for these (small) players.”

https://x.com/adham922/status/1766676316311674917?s=46

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

AA just keep winning. legends

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

hey mom its 420 posted:

AA just keep winning. legends

lmao

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

if the iranians managed to set up food distribution and shelters in northern gaza israel should just commit suicide from now because not only dod they fail militarily against Hamas the Iranians are now in Gaza so theyre 1000% hosed.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Strep Vote posted:

I said he self censors like a person who has argued with a hasbara agent; it's an effect of being a victim of it and it tends to replicate within the discourse. Please read.

While I think you're technically correct about hasbara taking advantage of this tendency, I also just think that it's part of "arguing with liberals online (and usually having been one yourself in the past)." You become concerned with your own self-presentation and don't want to expose yourself to "being wrong online." This is especially the case with "sensitive" topics like rape.

So, in a situation like this, VIL feels this compulsion to account for "the technical possibility that a rape may have occurred," because he's afraid of looking bad if it later comes out that a rape did happen. He may not even realize that this is the reason why he's doing it, because these motivations are just so deeply ingrained after years (or even decades) of talking about this stuff online. I also feel the same sort of compulsion, but just realize that it's harmful and ignore it.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

You literally can't log into twitter without seeing the IOF killing people. I don't seek them out.

that isn't true at all

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Al-Saqr posted:

Bin Laden wrote around the time of 9/11 that it was deserved for how the US backs Israel in their oppression of Palestine.

And seeing the current genocide I say Bin Laden was too soft on the US.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://x.com/RabbiWolpe/status/1762241010464133520?s=20

the whole of europe is going to war again because of these eurovision values

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

He's not wrong.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Honest Thief posted:

https://x.com/RabbiWolpe/status/1762241010464133520?s=20

the whole of europe is going to war again because of these eurovision values

He is right. gently caress western civilization

edit: good one
https://x.com/ecomarxi/status/1762445405164286117?s=20

Weka
May 5, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

if the iranians managed to set up food distribution and shelters in northern gaza israel should just commit suicide from now because not only dod they fail militarily against Hamas the Iranians are now in Gaza so theyre 1000% hosed.

If I were to guess I would say they're probably being mostly managed by Palestinians but yeah, it does indicate there will be no shortage of weapons for Hamas.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Strep Vote posted:

They are, Israel is not subtle about using forums for hasbara, these fucks have been here since i joined these forums. A rotating cast of calm hitlers come in and out of here using the same tactics and should be banned on sight. https://mepc.org/speeches/hasbara-and-control-narrative-element-strategy

Sowing discord and forcing people to self censor... I feel like VIL who is always mentioning that there must have been rapes by Hamas and we must be sure to mention that we don't believe NO rapes happened is an example of the equivocating that springs from directly engaging with hasbara agents that then replicates in the discourse.

not only is this a complete misrepresentation of my posting it's also a completely paranoid way of thinking

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the point is not to maintain face on the internet. if that had been my point i would've just not posted things which are unpopular in the threads in which i post them. the point is that engaging in politics generally involves dealing with normal people who don't take for granted that e.g. the UN investigators would just make stuff up, and it's useful to consider how one's arguments frame the opposition's argument. for this, it's useful to analyse the opposition's argument and identify where they're most vulnerable instead of just blundering along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

RC Cola posted:

It's like in the d&d thread where the pro Israel people have just slowly posted less and less and or just push the goal posts and or rules lawyer

It's telling that these people will all say what what Israel is doing is awful but will only pop in when a new way for them to criticize Hamas emerges