Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Oneiros posted:

there's a bug where charger armour stops working (at all) during certain animations. anything you've heard about autocannons penetrating and destroying the back legs in two shots or laser cannons destroying them in four seconds or whatever the gently caress is all nonsense based on this bug. the heavy machine gun can not penetrate charger armour outside the bug and is otherwise restricted to hitting their (fake weakpoint) rear end. the only weapons that can actually penetrate/strip their heavy armour are the various anti-tank rockets, an overcharged railgun, the lightning gun or the flamethrower (which ignores armour entirely)

the extra horny chargers are just cosmetic (i think they're used for the elite assassination missions on lower levels, but also show up sometimes as regular spawns in higher levels too)

Oh, ok, I had heard that only applies to back legs but killed chargers in the front legs with laser cannon so I assumed that was something different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fuckin about potential tag options. 2nd one probably best for Dark Mode Crew

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
New vehicle that’s just a spinning UFO and has blades on the outside

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Carmageddon but it's Helldivers

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Mulva posted:

I've been playing around, and it's not like the Walker is bad at killing robots. It just can't really take many hits back. If you drop their asses quick and just blow your rockets you generally make them pay real real bad for taking you out....and sometimes that's all you need.

Yeah I agree it's fine on Automatons in terms of damage. The real issue is that Rocket Devastators have extraordinary range and a single salvo from them will kill you. It's really just too dangerous to try sniping them because you only have a few seconds before they'll return fire.

Vehicles might be a bit safer on bot missions since they'll be lower to the ground, but I have a feeling they may still end up as death traps for Devastator salvos.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Invisible battle jeep but it’s only the jeep that’s invisible and you’re just a floating sitting guy in it

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

This game would be better if your support weapon and backpack didn’t take up a stratagem slot. or if they were combined into one. I’d like to be able to take more than 2 blow poo poo up on demand strats.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

One thing that helps is unlike a helldiver the mech can keep firing while moving left or right at full speed, which combined with continual suppressive fire means rocket barrages and cannon shots at range usually miss.

Usually

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Rocket skates

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Jerkface posted:

500 lb Hellpod

But enough about goons.

Mulva posted:

I've been playing around, and it's not like the Walker is bad at killing robots. It just can't really take many hits back. If you drop their asses quick and just blow your rockets you generally make them pay real real bad for taking you out....and sometimes that's all you need.

With bots, you need to treat the walker as a tank, which is to say have it supported by your fellow divers on the ground to soak missiles distract rocket raiders and such, and use your rockets and guns to kill things causing them problems.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Helmet with rearview mirrors so you can see bugs creeping up behind you

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Infinitum posted:

These look good!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
super drugs that let me negate first person aiming inertia

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Infinitum posted:

yeah second one since dark mode crew are the only ones who matter

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

This game would be better if your support weapon and backpack didn’t take up a stratagem slot. or if they were combined into one. I’d like to be able to take more than 2 blow poo poo up on demand strats.

RR, Spear and Autocannon then only take up one slot since they have backpacks. But yeah, the need for more strats is painful at times

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

it'd trivialize most difficulties if you had 5 strategems. you can do 4 blow-upy ones RN if you have a buddy who can stay alive for long enough to let you mooch off their spawn cycles they aren't using for stuff, and by grabbing map-spawned specials.

it's a good time scrounging IMO, you don't fall into habits and you get more diverse experiences. the break-action shotty is v fun too

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
actually we need a shooting range mode mode to test guns so you don't get stuck feeling rather useless cause a relatively balanced gun has a terrible reload (yeah i'm talking about the jar-5). or at least give a way to change your loadout mid game

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
.....or just gently caress up and lose and pick a different gun next time?

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

To be fair, you actually are given a whole free slot with this sequel as the original didn't have a complimentary supply drop strat. That poo poo was a mandatory slot outside of coordinated group play.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

creamcorn posted:

it'd trivialize most difficulties if you had 5 strategems. you can do 4 blow-upy ones RN if you have a buddy who can stay alive for long enough to let you mooch off their spawn cycles they aren't using for stuff, and by grabbing map-spawned specials.

it's a good time scrounging IMO, you don't fall into habits and you get more diverse experiences. the break-action shotty is v fun too

This is pretty solid advice imo. As long as you aren’t running the affix that adds 100% cooldown, you can be extremely useful with 4 air strikes in the 480 seconds your teammates need to spawn a new gun in

Assuming you can’t find something otherwise. I’ll run Gatling and eagle cluster with precision and orbital rail and I’ve had multiple teammates call out how useful the spammable aoe is. The ability to instasnipe titans or towers is great too.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

also picking a lame primary weapon is not the end of the world, as your team mates will drop primary weapons all the time and spawn with new ones

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

having a 5th stratagem slot would make the game substantially more fun imo

anyways check out this dumb horseshit that happened to me today after a grueling solo elimination mission (god they made these insanely hard)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

2 slot stratagems would be more likely

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
What can you not do with 4 that you could do with 5?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Mulva posted:

A 5th air strike

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Mulva posted:

Deliver democracy with 25% more freedom

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Mulva posted:

This jackass hates freedom and liberty guys

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Banjo Bones posted:

What are some stratagems they should add? Here's some:

* Orbital flame thrower
* Laser mech
* Orbital Lightning
* Gas gun
* Eagle laser strike
* Bug pheromones
* Laser sentry
* Mortar mech
* Laser sword
* Lightning sword

Deployable quad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Did anyone else have a thing with this game,where when you first started playing it you felt like "this game doesn't look half bad" and then dozens of hours later it's one of the best looking games you've ever seen?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Just crashed on literally the final minute of extract after picking up 30 supercredits on the map :negative:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I like the 2nd option, seems to be the most popular one so far.
If we get a thread consensus going I'll look at getting it uploaded as a gang tag.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

captainclaw posted:

A 5th air strike

There aren't 5 good air strikes in the game.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Away all Goats posted:

Just crashed on literally the final minute of extract after picking up 30 supercredits on the map :negative:

You don't need to extract to get Supercredits, Medals or Requisition, they're assigned immediately to your account for just this and also kicking randoms reasons.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Did anyone else have a thing with this game,where when you first started playing it you felt like "this game doesn't look half bad" and then dozens of hours later it's one of the best looking games you've ever seen?

The game felt more graphically impressive to me when I was freshly enfranchised and still marveling at how beautiful an eagle droping 500kg of pure suffrage looks

Nowadays I have so much liberty reverberating through my body every waking moment that it's hard to stop and appreciate a solid dose of freedom

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I uninstalled this game because my whole computer was acting weird and I purged everything to finish an editing job so I missed the mech nonsense

But before I did that I had a few matches where I needed people to leave my ship and I simply posted in the chat “hey guys thanks for playing, but I’m gonna get off/im gonna play with friends now, so take care.” And they left.

That’s the way to do it

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Mulva posted:

Every airstrike is good if you believe hard enough.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

toasterwarrior posted:

What option do I have against those eye of Sauron towers the bots have? Just 500kg bombs or orbital precision? I noticed standard airstrikes don't work
I know the laser can do it, but I think that might be it? A friend tried the 380mm (twice) and it didn't seem to do anything to it either unfortunately, and I'm pretty sure I saw it take a direct hit, but could be wrong.

Personally I always just use the 500kg, and I think it's probably the best way to deal with them period: wait for them to look away, then sprint up to underneath it and toss the beacon (just don't bounce it off the supports like an idiot):
https://i.imgur.com/hn3zbtU.mp4

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

veni veni veni posted:

It looks a lot like Destiny 2 to me, which is funny because I remember thinking Destiny 2 was like astoundingly good looking when it was new but now it doesn't feel that special since Helldivers is just as pretty and more fun.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

veni veni veni posted:

I’m running this game on a 4790k and a 1060. Low settings, framerate locked at 30. It STILL looks great

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Mulva posted:

having 5 air strikes is fun even if one of them underperforms

in fact, one might say that the additional flexibility to select off-meta or niche options without having to give up a crucial aspect of your kit is a large part of the appeal of the concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Mulva posted:

Take the mech stratagem without removing anything I already used before.