Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
You either die The Dark Id or live long enough to see yourself become Nohman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Shitenshi posted:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Shitenshi posted:

:chanpop:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nohman is an Id-stan

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Dark id more like fake id amirite

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Vitamin Me posted:

Dark id more like fake id amirite

okay this might be the best one so far

but I'm sure there are more

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I could see Id just creating another alt and just trying to post through it under the radar like folk like Bobie Wickham, Turtilicious, The Bloop and Azure_Horizon did before they all got outed. Though they were all perma'd for being creepy and dangerous fuckheads, while Id's just George Santos, entertainingly weird.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

eh. With any luck Turt got/is getting the psych help they need. Id from the sound of it has been harmful enough elsewhere to not really want em back alt or no?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Shitenshi posted:

thedarkid loaded with super cancer, death imminent etc and looking you in the eyes at the last moment and telling you its your destiny to go into the purifier

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

"It is every LPer's final duty to become one with all the shitposters, and go into the purifier." Chairman dark-id Yang, LPs for Tomorrow

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

nine-gear crow posted:

I could see Id just creating another alt and just trying to post through it under the radar like folk like Bobie Wickham, Turtilicious, The Bloop and Azure_Horizon did before they all got outed. Though they were all perma'd for being creepy and dangerous fuckheads, while Id's just George Santos, entertainingly weird.

we'll check from time to time, the fuzzy bounds of alt confidentiality will likely be extremely weak if he's doing fuckery

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

sebmojo posted:

we'll check from time to time, the fuzzy bounds of alt confidentiality will likely be extremely weak if he's doing fuckery

Has Google image search result for grieving funeral attendee his steam library heir viewed the forums since monday morning when he wasn't actually really dead despite someone who definitely isn't him referred to him in the past tense?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

FeyerbrandX posted:

Has Google image search result for grieving funeral attendee his steam library heir viewed the forums since monday morning when he wasn't actually really dead despite someone who definitely isn't him referred to him in the past tense?

I don't know, I'll check in a bit

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Also what fuzzy bounds of alt confidentiality? I thought alts weren't permitted. Didn't know there was some SA legal realm where someone could say they can't testify against their main due to what was said in confidence to their alt.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

FeyerbrandX posted:

Also what fuzzy bounds of alt confidentiality? I thought alts weren't permitted. Didn't know there was some SA legal realm where someone could say they can't testify against their main due to what was said in confidence to their alt.
My SA court date is tomorrow, I'm on trial for crimes against shitposting. Prepare for :objection:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Pretty sure alts are fine, just can't use them to evade probation/bans. There are some use cases, like for E/N if you want to share sensitive problems you don't want associated on your main, or if you want separate accounts for mobile/home use, or most importantly, if you're a mod and just want to poo poo post in peace. I really could've used an alt account on that last one!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'm looking forward to that amazingly not Strangers in a Train or that one Columbo episode true trial where someone meets their alt and arranges to have them kill their wife who is real in exchamge for an alibi while they kill their alts wife who is also definitely real and not themselves in a Groucho Marx mask.

E:^thanks makes sense and such. Still as insecure as I am.with my own work it never entered my head to create a sock puppet to be even more insecure of my own work.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 10, 2024

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mega64 posted:

Pretty sure alts are fine, just can't use them to evade probation/bans. There are some use cases, like for E/N if you want to share sensitive problems you don't want associated on your main, or if you want separate accounts for mobile/home use, or most importantly, if you're a mod and just want to poo poo post in peace. I really could've used an alt account on that last one!

yeah it's this, you can't evade probation on one and if caught you'll probably be banned on both, but alts are fine.

Nearly always we won't disclose that someone has an alt, unless it would be extremely funny.

TDI hasn't actually been banned and we heartily welcome him coming back to explain himself!

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Artix posted:

Forget a dead kid, it's pretty clear at this point neither his wife or kid ever existed in the first place.

Kids

Remember he mentioned that he did have a younger son that did the crayon drawings in his Drakengard 3 or Nier LP

He also eventually stopped talking about his other child entirely around the time he said his daughter passed

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
You know, even if everything Id said was true (lol), everyone refusing to believe him is still the best possible result. It keeps his family safe from Russian Nazi reprisal!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I joined the forums when OFS's FFT LP was suddenly unavailable because the paywall went up.

Apparently, I chose the normal LPer to register because of.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I think this post in the PYF thread sums it up best

Iamyourking posted:

If you only know him from his threads, all you'd get are that he was ex-military who went into private security, did a lot of things he wasn't proud of, and destressed by making Let's Plays. The really weird stuff is all in his 450 member invite-only Discord.

Even fi Id is a total fraud, he will always be the fraud that crushes like a fist

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I joined the forums because of the Lone Wolf LPs, by uhhhhh, someone whose handle I sadly do not recall.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I followed SA LPers long before I joined (Freelance Astronauts my beloved) and joined because I wanted to post in the T40s threads, then the T40s broke up like immediately :negative:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I joined SA because of an LP by Spirit Armor, who I haven't seen in this subforum for a long time.

The Dark Id, Poptarts Ninja, and Moon Slayer were the ones who inspired me to try my hand at LPing myself.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Freelance Astronauts is what made me join, as Maxwell watched a couple of System Shock 2 LP video I made waaaay back and uploaded to Dailymotion.

My first, and really last, attempt at doing voiced commentary. It was very... awkward. And very of its time before people just got better at this stuff.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I was inspired to lurk on SA because of Wiz and the various early Paradox megacampaign LPs.

But I only joined 10 years later after being convinced by Goons in the Fate/Goon Order discord that it was worthwhile to do so.

Neither of these has anything to do with why I started LPing, which was to pick up where an otherwise abandoned LP left off to ensure that the game-mod was played to completion.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

nine-gear crow posted:

The icing on the cake would be if they did it by posting an LP of That Dragon, Cancer, on the OUYA.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This whole thing has me waxing nostalgic

Remember Richard Gamingo?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Cythereal posted:

I joined SA because of an LP by Spirit Armor, who I haven't seen in this subforum for a long time.

Someday he'll be back to finish Sakura Wars

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Kheldarn posted:

I joined the forums when OFS's FFT LP was suddenly unavailable because the paywall went up.

Apparently, I chose the normal LPer to register because of.
I think OFS's Dragon Quest 8 LP was what finally got me to break down and fork over the :10bux: to ol' Lowtax.

And then it never got finished :negative:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
TheDeadkId

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Waffleman_ posted:

This whole thing has me waxing nostalgic

Remember Richard Gamingo?

Constantly.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Gamingone but not forgotten

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I don't remember if the paywall was up when I joined, but I didn't join for anyone's LPs in particular. I do remember both RabbiRaccoon's BoFIII LP and Sydin's Tales of the Abyss LP were both going on and enjoying them enough despite being lukewarm on the latter game, I felt, gently caress it, I've been reading SSLPs for three years now (TDI's included for all his lack of better virtues he knew how to entertain me), I'll bite the bullet and join for real.

Gummy Joe
Aug 16, 2007

Well, I wouldn't have Ol' Chomper here, that's for sure!
Looking back at the ol' rap sheet (since my post history only goes back to 2008) my first probation was in November of '07 for this reply in the Ultima VII LP by Nakar, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say that's the LP that got me to fork over tenbux. It doesn't actually make sense, since my regdate is earlier than the start of that LP, but hosed if I can remember 17 years ago.

EDIT: Further investigation (via the lparchive, went to the oldest ones, clicked on ones that looked familiar, and searched for my name) suggests it was actually probably Scorchy's KOTOR II that pried open my wallet.

Gummy Joe fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 10, 2024

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

FeyerbrandX posted:

please assume that I am :ughh: throughout writing this in shame for buying this.

Id was retired but still consulting/just helping out Number 2 who was working in Ukraine. Now please remember, Russia had been showing their whole rear end at the time with farmers hauling away tanks and other things, so... this isn't completely improbable. She's kicking rear end, then Id who was just recently announcing his cancer had Nazis contracted to kill him from Russia (when I say things are improbable I mean about Russia loving up, not this part)

Now fast forward some amount of time. Number 2 (who now has a name I can't remember it) leaves the front because she either can't have kids and is decimated about it, wants to have kids, or has cancer, whatever, she's not in Ukraine anymore she's in Canada with Id and Hik. Now Hik (bi) or her sister (lesbian) hit it off with Number 2.

Then number 2 goes off somewhere else and I don't know, maybe off with Ids estranged wife, maybe fridged, I don't know. her character arc is done.

God forgive me for my idiocy and I'm sorry for all who reads this and is dumber for hearing it.

Lord I remember the night where he basically live-tweeted his entire attack on his house to the discord. He made me chief mod with the brief DM of "you're in charge now. And you're a good friend." I was like "what's happening?" He just said "Mission: Survive." Later on I checked out the main channel where he had been giving periodic updates like "okay. Two more guys. I can take two more guys." And apparently the reason these guys sucked at infiltration is they were wearing all black in a snowy area.

This all seems obviously fake in hindsight, but you don't understand how he eases you into this crazed world of his. one offhand comment per month, added up over time.

I'm also seriously pissed off the past few days. My therapist encouraged me to swear heavily at a whiteboard list of his lies. Very theraputic.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

John Wick posting on discord each time he takes down another ambusher

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Speedball posted:

Lord I remember the night where he basically live-tweeted his entire attack on his house to the discord. He made me chief mod with the brief DM of "you're in charge now. And you're a good friend." I was like "what's happening?" He just said "Mission: Survive." Later on I checked out the main channel where he had been giving periodic updates like "okay. Two more guys. I can take two more guys." And apparently the reason these guys sucked at infiltration is they were wearing all black in a snowy area.

This all seems obviously fake in hindsight, but you don't understand how he eases you into this crazed world of his. one offhand comment per month, added up over time.

I'm also seriously pissed off the past few days. My therapist encouraged me to swear heavily at a whiteboard list of his lies. Very theraputic.

that's actually fairly weird too, fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Planning on showing off Kenshi.

Not sure about the audio quality overall. Seems decent on my end by my sound setup is jank. Too quiet, too loud, too much static? Can't really tell. Commentary too mumbly? I have to keep my mic gain low and boost the audio in editing to avoid picking up too much keyboard/mouse noises among other things so I'll take any advice anyone has - audio or otherwise.

It's here if anyone wants to take a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da_Kom8fWck