Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

uninstalling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Today will be a funny day.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

apostateCourier posted:

I break those lightposts on sight. 99% of the time they exist to destroy my ability to see.

:hai:

Why do they need the light of lightposts when they have the light of Managed Democracy?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

apostateCourier posted:

I break those lightposts on sight. 99% of the time they exist to destroy my ability to see.

Yeah if they're near a terminal it makes it basically impossible to read the commands

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I tried to do the mine daily, I love using mines in most games, but the mines in this game (at least the anti-personnel mines, I think the fire ones are a little better) are very weak. Takes 3 or more to kill a devastator or medium bug, patrols regularly walk through a small gap in the middle, get randomly destoryed by other people's stratagems and scattered enemy fire and explosions, has the same cooldown as just using orbital gatling or orbital airburst or orbital gas to just kill something instead. The proactive use of placing them before bad things happens has people stumble into them later and get mad and kick you from the lobby, because it is NOT OK to place mines and have them kill an ally but reckless use of eagle clusterbomb is just fine

and the rapid deployment system to remove their deploy time is still non-functional

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
While I completed the daily in a single mission. :shrug:
Patrols of weak enemies are dumb as gently caress. Drop mines, shoot at patrol to get their attention and hopefully call reinforcements. Watch them all walk right into my mines. Get like 15 kills a pop.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
TIL that if you hold down R you can adjust the zoom distance and rate of fire on various guns.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Apple Craft posted:

To be clear, I meant I used the opportunity of the daily existing to go in solo and do some testing, you'll get it done a lot faster by having 4 people in a lobby all using it (allies kills count) or by saving it for the densest packs, but that's not a good showcase of observing it closely to see how effective it can be

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there should be an extra stratagem slot, but only for the five or ten least popular stratagems from the previous week

let Shield Relay and Smoke Strikes have their day in the sun

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Captainicus posted:

To be clear, I meant I used the opportunity of the daily existing to go in solo and do some testing, you'll get it done a lot faster by having 4 people in a lobby all using it (allies kills count) or by saving it for the densest packs, but that's not a good showcase of observing it closely to see how effective it can be

Not arguing with your point, but I was playing solo. Also, I noticed some packs must have patrolled though my unexploded mines while I was in other parts of the map doing helldiver things.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

there should be an extra stratagem slot, but only for the five or ten least popular stratagems from the previous week

I actually want to use shield relay once rapid deploy is fixed, there's definitely times against robots I've thought 'I need a tiny bit of a breather so I can aim a nice stratagem and return fire at some scattered robots', but the 4s deploy time makes it a harder sell than if it was just instant

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Hwurmp posted:

You say that like the shield is bad? Super quick cool down and it can protect from a lot of fire. It takes off so much pressure when fighting bots, people can really pick their shots and strats long enough to break the back of a bot drop, or it can keep an auto cannon turret alive long enough to do work instead of dying instantly to rockets.

Smoke strike does suck though. Eagle smoke is better.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said "least popular," not "bad"

Apple Craft posted:

Not arguing with your point, but I was playing solo. Also, I noticed some packs must have patrolled though my unexploded mines while I was in other parts of the map doing helldiver things.

Bile Spewers can definitely walk right through a minefield unscathed

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I think meteors can kill bug nests if you get lucky, I was doing a mission with some friends earlier and we'd get popup for nests destroyed while we were being swamped by bugs far from any nest on the map.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Eediot Jedi posted:

You say that like the shield is bad? Super quick cool down and it can protect from a lot of fire. It takes off so much pressure when fighting bots, people can really pick their shots and strats long enough to break the back of a bot drop, or it can keep an auto cannon turret alive long enough to do work instead of dying instantly to rockets.

Smoke strike does suck though. Eagle smoke is better.

None of this sounds like sick nasty gunkata where i flip around soloing everything with my 2gun2run style

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

remarkable new stealth armor

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I really wish I had some way of knowing which of my strategems and weapons was effective. If I take mines on a mission I’d love to know how many times I used them and how many kills they got me. I don’t mind not having damage numbers and such but maybe some tracking showing what %of damage came from mines, or what % of damage on chargers came from my auto cannon vs tail gum orbital.

Those stats are just fun but would also help make better strategic and tactical decisions.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Apple Craft posted:

Patrols of weak enemies are dumb as gently caress. Drop mines, shoot at patrol to get their attention and hopefully call reinforcements. Watch them all walk right into my mines. Get like 15 kills a pop.
Same, together with some pubbies even. We basically just dropped the minefields directly on top of breaches and had the daily cleared in a couple fights.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

When you are joining through quickly play are you able to see the type of mission on the briefing or is that blocked because the host is already on the map?

I have been showing up to some missions ill prepared.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Man I suck at the mech, it's mostly a machine I kill myself with.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Black Noise posted:

When you are joining through quickly play are you able to see the type of mission on the briefing or is that blocked because the host is already on the map?

When your destroyer warps it will say the name of the planet and AUTOMATON CONTROL or TERMINID CONTROL. I do wish it was more obvious from the pre-drop stratagem select screen itself, but you should be able to press Q (or click on the tab) to see the mission briefing.

e: Example clips https://i.imgur.com/DHDWeLq.mp4

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 10, 2024

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Black Noise posted:

You can’t see the type of mission, but it’s almost certainly a bug. Same with some boosters being greyed out even though no one already in the mission is using them.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Hwurmp posted:

they've already got the effect that gives you an extra stratagem, they should just make it a different random stratagem each day

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

they've already got the effect that gives you an extra stratagem, they should just make it a different random stratagem each day

It would be kinda cool if you could spend requisition for this mid mission as a way to spend it when you're capped.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

apostateCourier posted:

Same, especially ones over terminals

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

lol I had this exact thing happen to me yesterday, such that I checked the player list to be sure it wasn't from my game

shooting the lamppost made it fall down to the ground, but I'm not sure if it was low enough to actually climb in and use from there

Arc Hammer posted:

TIL that if you hold down R you can adjust the zoom distance and rate of fire on various guns.

yeah, it ain't just the railgun, which is now extremely anemic unless you set it to "unsafe" like a true spreader of managed democracy

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I think meteors can kill bug nests if you get lucky, I was doing a mission with some friends earlier and we'd get popup for nests destroyed while we were being swamped by bugs far from any nest on the map.

Meteors are great :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV2sRymGBS0

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Infinitum posted:

Fuckin about potential tag options. 2nd one probably best for Dark Mode Crew

These are dope and I hope they roll out. Last time I got a tag, my avatar got tragically set to left align for what is technically a vote Hilary Clinton tag despite being Canadian.

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 10, 2024

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Turin Turambar posted:

Game is still so buggy, as I play more and more I notice many of my deaths are BS. In the last game me and another players were stuck in water, so we had to be killed a third player.
Later a young bile spewer died close to me while I was on my mech. The bile explosion of the bursting sacs usually wounds you lightly, but somehow it insta killed my full health mech? Finally in that game a charger glanced me while I was running to the evac ship, they usually hit me by15-30% hp (with the heaviest armor) but instead it also insta killed me.

I also had situations of the mech at full health exploding... not sure why. Like, no enemies on range, I wasn't shooting rockets or the minigun...
In another ocassion, it exploded because I stepped on a green small bug, the ones who can spit. Except, two minutes later I saw another player stepping on four of them, and it didn't kill him??

yeah they explode constantly for no reason, or literally just on drop. thats why i called it a waste of a slot, cause you can easily just have it do nothing at all via no fault of your own. it jsut sucks to bring something that prevents some other stratagem and then just disintegrates mid air for no reason, or detonates because you fired a rocket while moving, or gets clipped by a rocket that the player would survive but annihilates the mech.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

yes i'd rather bring turrets which are perfectly reliable and have no issues

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I have had no issues with the mechs that weren't self-caused

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Infinitum posted:

Fuckin about potential tag options. 2nd one probably best for Dark Mode Crew

Fuckin' nice.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Captainicus posted:

I tried to do the mine daily, I love using mines in most games, but the mines in this game (at least the anti-personnel mines, I think the fire ones are a little better) are very weak. Takes 3 or more to kill a devastator or medium bug, patrols regularly walk through a small gap in the middle, get randomly destoryed by other people's stratagems and scattered enemy fire and explosions, has the same cooldown as just using orbital gatling or orbital airburst or orbital gas to just kill something instead. The proactive use of placing them before bad things happens has people stumble into them later and get mad and kick you from the lobby, because it is NOT OK to place mines and have them kill an ally but reckless use of eagle clusterbomb is just fine

and the rapid deployment system to remove their deploy time is still non-functional

I noticed today mines seemed to be classified as ordnance when calling in? As in has a red beam instead of blue etc. wonder if thats why

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Helldiversity, Equity, and Inclusion

anybody done that yet?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

I like the 2nd option, seems to be the most popular one so far.
If we get a thread consensus going I'll look at getting it uploaded as a gang tag.

More options!

Option 1 - Gradient

Option 2 - Gradient /w Emboss

Option 3 - Gradient /w Outline (Meh?)

Option 4 - Gradient /w Emboss + Outline (Meh?)

My vote would be Option 2.
I don't know how Option 4 would look on a white background, but it might be useful as there's no noticeable difference for the Dark Mode crew?

Also I wholesale copied from this dude on Reddit when I did my rework

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh dear god my eyes.

Yeah OK, Option 4 works best for Blind Crew

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Infinitum posted:

Oh dear god my eyes.

Yeah OK, Option 4 works best for Blind Crew

I'm partial to 3 personally.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

what causes stratagems to be jammed and scrambled in the menu? i joined someone, he died before i landed, and i couldn't reinforce no matter where i ran, which i'm sure was very annoying for that player to watch :sweatdrop:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Arc Hammer posted:

Haven't unlocked 7s yet since you need to complete operations to unlock higher difficulty and I have no friends. It's weird that I can't join someone else's operation in progress.

I didn't see this answered. You can absolutely join a mission in session. use quick join. pick a planet first that you want to fight on then hit it. You could even jet lucky and join on their 3rd mission and unlock it straightaway. You join on whatever difficulty you are set for when you hit the button to join quickplay.

LazyMaybe posted:

I just always use the hellbomb callin, frankly. It's usually not that hard to storm in if you don't currently have a dropship on your rear end, and once you're inside the enclosure you've just got to pop a few bots and arm the bomb.

Bug or not the hellbomb doesn't always appear on the call in list.

Infinitum posted:

More options!

Option 1 - Gradient

Option 2 - Gradient /w Emboss

Option 3 - Gradient /w Outline (Meh?)

Option 4 - Gradient /w Emboss + Outline (Meh?)

My vote would be Option 2.
I don't know how Option 4 would look on a white background, but it might be useful as there's no noticeable difference for the Dark Mode crew?

Also I wholesale copied from this dude on Reddit when I did my rework

The top 2 don't work at all if you aren't in night mode.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Ion storms are an environmental hazard that do it temporarily. I don't mind those, but I do detest the delay that seems to be a difficulty setting thing.

Don't tell me primary weapons need to be not-great because you want me to use strats, then sabotage strats on almost every mission, fuckers.