Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The end game really is sick as hell in DD1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Aight, FF7 it is then. :cheerdoge:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Ah, I think I figured out why I bounced off the FF7 Remake last time. I picked the normal-classic battle mode thinking it would be more nostalgic. Straight up normal is much more fun.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I played many hours of Dragon's Dogma and... yeah the only story element I was sure about was the dragon is bad.

But also I spent the duration of both of my playthroughs feeling like I was playing the game wrong.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 10, 2024

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Bugblatter posted:

I played many hours of Dragon's Dogma and... yeah the only story element I was sure about was the dragon is bad.

But also I spent the duration of both of my playthroughs feeling like I was playing the game wrong.

What about wolves?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve been fully veegpilled, I completed the Queen’s Blood questline and I just want more!!!!!!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Oh poo poo, that's probably why!

It's funny, because I saw a clip of Daicon IV again just the other day. How did I not make the connection?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Finally playing Final Fantasy job pack for Powerwash Simulator and it’s pretty great

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

wash bucket posted:

Aight, FF7 it is then. :cheerdoge:

FF7 Remake is a delight, and I played Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen a couple weeks ago and while the game is good, it was not good early on, it was super rough and I almost dropped it early. I'm glad I played it but if I had a PS5 or a PC that could handle DD2 I wouldve waited.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Popped up in my youtube recommends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_FWul8qeHM&t=2s

Guess it is an impressive character generator. That's a better likeness than the CoD skins.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

bro, how are you this late omg

enjoy!

Its loving with my brain that has OG burnt into it, like oh okay theres not much left to do before the end right, should only be a 10 hour game and then they are like hey, check out this huge rear end area and all this new poo poo and side quests and the ps5 is like oh btw youre not even half way yet lol

Still fine with waiting on it til now tho, it would have bugged me no end to beat this and not be able to leave midgar, tho im fine with the rebirth end point cos that almost mimics my 1st og playthrough.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

Its loving with my brain that has OG burnt into it, like oh okay theres not much left to do before the end right, should only be a 10 hour game and then they are like hey, check out this huge rear end area and all this new poo poo and side quests and the ps5 is like oh btw youre not even half way yet lol

Still fine with waiting on it til now tho, it would have bugged me no end to beat this and not be able to leave midgar, tho im fine with the rebirth end point cos that almost mimics my 1st og playthrough.

I'm just surprised is all, because I'm sure you're a big Yakuza fan and huge parts of Remake and Rebirth are Yakuza influence but starring eco-terrorists you know and love.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

Oh poo poo, that's probably why!

It's funny, because I saw a clip of Daicon IV again just the other day. How did I not make the connection?

The director seems like a huge nerd that has been given a bunch of money to make a game about all of his favorite influences.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bugblatter posted:

Popped up in my youtube recommends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_FWul8qeHM&t=2s

Guess it is an impressive character generator. That's a better likeness than the CoD skins.

Lies of P collaboration looking good

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Theres something incredibly smart making a game with the most elaborate character creator and the main purpose is to rent out your pawn for $

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Have you all finished FFR7 this weekend. Is dragon’s dogma the next big thing? If I like baldurs gate does that have any bearing on if I’d like DD2?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Aipsh posted:

If I like baldurs gate does that have any bearing on if I’d like DD2?

The only big similarity I can think of is that they're both medieval fantasy. Check out DD1 for an hour or two if you can, I think it's on PS+ Extra if you have that

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have not finished Rebirth, but I’m still going to get DD2 on release day. DD2 is not very similar to BG3 at all, in fact I’d say it’ll have more in common with Rebirth than baldurs gate

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Aipsh posted:

Have you all finished FFR7 this weekend. Is dragon’s dogma the next big thing? If I like baldurs gate does that have any bearing on if I’d like DD2?

I haven't finished Rebirth, I'm hoping to put another big dent in it on my days off tomorrow and Tuesday but I'm not even to the Gold Saucer yet. Dragon's Dogma isn't like BG at all, it's weirdly between a lot of things. The tone and look makes some people think it's like Dark Souls but it has a normal levelling system with normal XP, also much faster paced combat with a focus on climbing on big enemies and having a squad of yelping idiots around to read the Wikipedia page on wolves during combat.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m gonna finish rebirth today probably, I only have the final chapters to go and then I might do some open world cleanup depending on how I’m feeling.

The last few maps are really awkward to navigate and it did a lot to kill my enthusiasm for ticking off all the icons along the way.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i've only seen one cutscene with vincent valentine and he's perfect and I love him

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I am nowhere close to finishing Rebirth :q:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm just cleaning up the last open world area but I've probably got a fair amount left after that.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I dont have much gametime, so im only in chapter 4, 10.5 hours in. I just found last night that theres a huge desert area in the Grasslands lol. I thought these mission icons were a part of a different map.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I ended up not changing my Unicorn Overlord preorder to the Switch version, but it got misdelivered or something :negative:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My next game after Rebirth is probably Unicorn Overlord, unless it takes me literally until Eiyuden Chronicle to finish it

Oh and I got to finish Pentiment too.

So many games....

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I just realized this moment that the game is called Unicorn Overlord, not Unicorn Overload.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Game's great.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Hey this thread loves JRPGs right

With the outpouring of love for Toriyama since his passing and recently being lasered in on Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth it occurs to me I've never played a single Dragon Quest game despite playing through multiple Final Fantasies and Chrono Trigger

They always looked a little generic, but since the entire conceit of Like A Dragon is "what if guy had brain damage that made him think his life was Dragon Quest" and I love them I'm wondering if they're worth seeking out?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

With the outpouring of love for Toriyama since his passing and recently being lasered in on Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth it occurs to me I've never played a single Dragon Quest game despite playing through multiple Final Fantasies and Chrono Trigger

They always looked a little generic, but since the entire conceit of Like A Dragon is "what if guy had brain damage that made him think his life was Dragon Quest" and I love them I'm wondering if they're worth seeking out?

8, 9, and 11 are all really good. The DS remake of 4 is also good. Those are the ones I remember standing out.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yes, DQ11 is extremely good

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

DQ11 would be a really good entry point for someone new to and curious about the series imo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Play DQ11 and don’t listen to the freaks who call act 3 an optional postgame, they are wrong it’s the rest of the game.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

History Comes Inside! posted:

Play DQ11 and don’t listen to the freaks who call act 3 an optional postgame, they are wrong it’s the rest of the game.
Although true, I stopped playing not long after finishing Act 2 because I didn't really have the heart to play through the second half of the game again, even if it is different this time. It felt more like it was going to be an NG+ cycle with a true ending than an actual final third of the game. But then I haven't actually done it yet. I do plan to go back and do it sometime though.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm just surprised is all, because I'm sure you're a big Yakuza fan and huge parts of Remake and Rebirth are Yakuza influence but starring eco-terrorists you know and love.

I can feel the yakuzaness, first thing i noticed lol. I wish they borrowed the dinning tho, maybe they wanted to get away from ff15 maybe but it would have ruled if you eat at various places in the slums, and get a yakuza7/8 table talk pop up with the gang reacting to midgar pizzas or makoyaki

I love all the little character moments so far tho. Going in knowing "the truth" tho is funny. aerith 100% has full og memories, its so obvious. i think the intro is her "reentering her body" via lifestream timetravel. :colbert: and im sticking with that until the game tells me otherwise. Its kinda blowing back on cloud some too, but that might also be the big man pulling some poo poo.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 10, 2024

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aipsh posted:

I am not even close to finishing FF7R.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

I can feel the yakuzaness, first thing i noticed lol. I wish they borrowed the dinning tho, maybe they wanted to get away from ff15 maybe but it would have ruled if you eat at various places in the slums, and get a yakuza7/8 table talk pop up with the gang reacting to midgar pizzas or makoyaki

I love all the little character moments so far tho. Going in knowing "the truth" tho is funny. aerith 100% has full og memories, its so obvious. i think the intro is her "reentering her body" via lifestream timetravel. :colbert: and im sticking with that until the game tells me otherwise. Its kinda blowing back on cloud some too, but that might also be the big man pulling some poo poo.

Yeah, you want FFXV for food.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I got sidetracked and I’m not gonna finish today after all

The final queens blood opponent is absolute bullshit and I had to build a special deck to take advantage of all their bullshit to win .

Not even a trophy for finishing the whole thing though :negative:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Papercut posted:

8, 9, and 11 are all really good. The DS remake of 4 is also good. Those are the ones I remember standing out.

5, 8, 9 and 11. The absolute best in the series. Play Dragon Quest everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I didn't know 9 was rated that highly. It was the first DQ game I ever played