Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gold Variant for shits and giggles

Gold 1 - Gradient

Gold 2 - Gradient /w Emboss

Gold 3 - Gradient /w Outline

Gold 4 - Gradient /w Emboss + Outline

Light mode nerds

----------------------------------------

Option 1 - Gradient

Option 2 - Gradient /w Emboss

Option 3 - Gradient /w Outline (Meh?)

Option 4 - Gradient /w Emboss + Outline (Meh?)

Bleh Crew

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Sign me up for one of those tags, they're awesome.

I'm standing in the observation area of my ship, is this real time missions ongoing that I'm seeing with all the ordinance being dropped, or is it just background cutscene?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Qubee posted:

Sign me up for one of those tags, they're awesome.

I'm standing in the observation area of my ship, is this real time missions ongoing that I'm seeing with all the ordinance being dropped, or is it just background cutscene?

it's just background scenery but the amount of ships present is scaled based on how many players are active in the area

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If you look straight up you can see your destroyers hovering above the middle of the map (only 1 km up, someone triangulated using bombardment angles) deploying stratagems you use during a mission.

This can be important if a target is near the edge of the map and there's a tall obstacle between it and the middle.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I guess this is just a consequence of playing mid-day on weekends but everyone's extremely kick-happy today. Just got kicked from 4 missions in a row. No real reasons I can suss out for the kicks either, just playing a mission for 15 mins, not doing any friendly fire, killin' big bugs and small bugs alike, completing multiple objectives... then suddenly "You've been kicked"

I will say though I'm really enjoying a laser rave build with scythe, laser cannon, and laser dog. Even Chargers are easy to kill because your dog will often blow their leg armor off with the animation bug while you're running away from them and the laser cannon just absolutely melts their legs. Scythe isn't great overall but especially combined with the dog it's great for swapping to and taking out small bugs while your cannon cools down, and the cooldown times for it and the cannon are pretty much in line with each others' heat up time so you never stop lasering unless you're on a hot map, where I wouldn't bring this loadout anyway. The dog makes up for the biggest weakness of laser weapons which is struggling when enemies get close.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 10, 2024

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Gold 4 is sick

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
So i can clear a trivial mission now in about 5 minutes. 1 Jetpack, 1 flamethrower, 1 gatling sentry and 1 cluster bomb makes very quick work of bugs.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, those are all great but Gold 4 is perfect.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

what causes stratagems to be jammed and scrambled in the menu? i joined someone, he died before i landed, and i couldn't reinforce no matter where i ran, which i'm sure was very annoying for that player to watch :sweatdrop:

In addition to ion storms, bot missions can have a stratagem jammer secondary objective that does that in a large radius around itself. Gotta either get outside of the radius or destroy it.

On that note, I think the thing with hellbombs not always being available might be because there are variants of the jammer. Some are standalone and need hellbombed/orbital lasered, while others have an attached bot fabricator that can be destroyed the usual ways, and takes out the jammer when it goes.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

Game is still so buggy, as I play more and more I notice many of my deaths are BS. In the last game me and another players were stuck in water, so we had to be killed a third player.
Later a young bile spewer died close to me while I was on my mech. The bile explosion of the bursting sacs usually wounds you lightly, but somehow it insta killed my full health mech? Finally in that game a charger glanced me while I was running to the evac ship, they usually hit me by15-30% hp (with the heaviest armor) but instead it also insta killed me.

I also had situations of the mech at full health exploding... not sure why. Like, no enemies on range, I wasn't shooting rockets or the minigun...
In another ocassion, it exploded because I stepped on a green small bug, the ones who can spit. Except, two minutes later I saw another player stepping on four of them, and it didn't kill him??

I've had a number of times where I just explode and die with absolutely no explanation I can find, like no enemies in view, I'm not moving or shooting and am just typing in a stratagem, and the "cause of death" messages are beyond useless

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

silver 4 is my choice but I'll take whatever variant wins

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Gold 4 are sick

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Silver and Gold 3 are both great.

Mech is fun, more so against bugs.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Infinitum posted:

Gold 4 - Gradient /w Emboss + Outline

:five:

Someone in discord suggested replacing skull with SA grenade and I think that's a neat idea. Not sure how it'd look in practice though

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

BitBasher posted:

Bug or not the hellbomb doesn't always appear on the call in list.

I had this happen to me in an Illegal Lab PoI yesterday, in addition to one of the buildings just not wanting to be destroyed by anything we did to it. It was very frustrating.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Lprsti99 posted:

In addition to ion storms, bot missions can have a stratagem jammer secondary objective that does that in a large radius around itself. Gotta either get outside of the radius or destroy it.
I ran out of explosives trying to take one out and found a terminal attached that deactivates the jammer

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My friends and I had the game crash last night for all of us, but it was staggered. We each crashed like 1 minute apart, in succession. Very strange.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Grey Fox posted:

I ran out of explosives trying to take one out and found a terminal attached that deactivates the jammer

Yeah that's part of destroying it if it doesn't have an attached factory to explode.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Owl Inspector posted:

I've had a number of times where I just explode and die with absolutely no explanation I can find, like no enemies in view, I'm not moving or shooting and am just typing in a stratagem, and the "cause of death" messages are beyond useless

Most infuriating bullshit I've had so far is dying to a dead bile titan's phantom lethal limbs twice in a row.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

ConfusedPig posted:

Most infuriating bullshit I've had so far is dying to a dead bile titan's phantom lethal limbs twice in a row.

And just as I was trying to warn you, too, lol.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BeAuMaN posted:

Someone in discord suggested replacing skull with SA grenade and I think that's a neat idea. Not sure how it'd look in practice though

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I've had nothing but success using a mech against bugs. I think even the tiniest splash of explosive damage instakills mechs so I'm suspecting that's what's leading to a lot of the posts about mechs blowing up for seemingly no reason - either clipping yourself with the edge of a rocket explosion that was too close, or friendly fire from a single explosive round or being right on the edge of a stratagem. I tend to call it in and stomp around off on my own and haven't had any issues with it exploding unexpectedly when I'm not near teammates. This is also why it dies so ridiculously fast to bots. I haven't blown myself up by firing while turning yet but I'm often backpedaling while firing rockets which I'd imagine helps prevent that.

One of the biggest clutch uses I've seen from it is that it can walk through water without slowing down. If you're stuck on one side of a river and getting swarmed you can just drop the mech and ride it across the river, all the bugs chasing you will get slowed down and you can make an easy getaway.

It's also great when you die and can't get your gun/backpack back, it lasts long enough to handle bugs while waiting for your cooldowns.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

how do you melee attack with the mech? i push the button i use for melee on foot but nothing happens.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Owl Inspector posted:

One mission I was doing, standing near an interactable objective seemed to be causing random pain.

When I got nearly killed near a power generator waiting to be able to use the lever, I thought "Oh, maybe the devs added a wacky shock to this because random bullshit?" Then I saw somebody spontaneously die while interacting with the console, when another player was also standing near it.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

:911:

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

OMFG that FOV! It's like the CGI scenes in Lawnmower Man. How can people play like that? lol.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Bubble wrap armor that protects you from melee attacks

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/s/0Vo6AEkuZ5

The mech riding is surprisingly effective

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Kly posted:

how do you melee attack with the mech? i push the button i use for melee on foot but nothing happens.

For some reason only some of the mechs you call down can melee. I can confirm that it's not related to whether it's the free mech vs the strategem mech, and it's not from the two different model variants (two gas cans on the back vs 1)

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

:sickos:

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Okay, either the servers have given up on updating, or there's a hard cap on 250 medals max, which would mean I've lost about 50 medals.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

On a quick google, it turns out there's a 250 medal max. I wish that was represented somewhere in game.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

The current cap is 500 green samples, 250 orange, 100 purple
250 warbond medals
50,000 requisition

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

What is the point of semi-auto, seriously

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

This is it. It's beautiful.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
less skulls is a good thing

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Third World Reagan posted:

less skulls is a good thing

idk if we could somehow incorporate skulls and grenades that'd be awesome

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012