Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
poop frankie who gives a poo poo

who's the rep for the God of War? this catholic rep smells like a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Pope Tankie the first

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Huh, even Poles are willing to critique the Pope. Guess even this was egregious enough of a comment from the Vatican to get that kind of a response.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cue up the infallible Pope's walkback in 3..2....1/

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

redshirt posted:

Popes aren't infallible unless they specifically invoke it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

Useful trick

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well actual Christian doctrine would support a people being genocided for peace. Dunno why the Pope would care about Christian doctrine tho. Probably just thinks a nation with a Jewish leader needs to go.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Khanstant posted:

Didn't popes support Hitler too? Crazy how the organization that fights human rights and systematically facilitates sex crimes seems to be in the moral wrong so often.

Pius XI initially spoke somewhat favorably of Hitler due to the latter's opposition to Communism, but that didn't last very long - by 1936 he rather virulently hated the man.

Pius XII tried very hard to prevent WWII, partially by urging appeasement, but never endorsed Hitler. He maintained a sort of wishy-washy neutrality that caused both sides to view him as an enemy, but to the extent he supported anybody it was the Allies and the anti-German resistances. Most notably, he creatively interpreted Pius XI's "thou shalt not help communists" as not applying to the delivery of arms to the Soviet Union, which eliminated at the stroke of a pen one of the strongest oppositions to extending Lend-Lease to Moscow.

He also made extensive condemnations, although fairly weak ones, against the Axis powers, while his condemnations to the Allies were more of the "try not to be so harsh in victory you sow the seeds of the next war as your fathers did in 1918" type.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Deteriorata posted:

Standard dad logic, makes sense.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Deteriorata posted:

What level do they have to be to learn it? What's the cooldown?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Wondering what the Pope thinks a Russian victory would look like? Just Putin giving a speech and changing flags on government buildings, or has he actually put in some effort to see that an actual genocide is on the table?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Icept posted:

Technically it's only been used once, to declare that Mary definitely went straight to heaven. Every other possible previous use is debatable because he didn't say simon says.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Coach White Pope

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Icept posted:

The only way to know exactly is to look at the popes pedometer.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

bad_fmr posted:

The only way to know exactly is to look at the popes pedometer.

The Catholic church is rather famous for covering up that sort of thing, though.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
"turn your armor into ploughshares and grow me some carrots"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
lol wrong pic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

redshirt posted:

Didn't he say the same poo poo like a year and a half ago? Seems to be consistent so far.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

I don't think Zelenskyy particularly cared for Pope Francis' comments.

quote:

Russian murderers and torture chambers are unable to march further into Europe because they are being held back by Ukrainians holding arms under the blue and yellow flag.

There used to be many white walls of houses and churches in Ukraine, but they have now been burned and damaged by Russian shells. This speaks volumes about who needs to stop for the war to end.

Everyone who defends life and people is carrying out the most honourable mission possible in the face of such an inhumane invasion. And we must fully protect life in our home. I am grateful to everyone who supports our defense and defenders.

When Russian evil launched this war on February 24th, 2022, all Ukrainians rose up to defend their country. Christians, Muslims, Jews — everyone. And I am grateful to each chaplain who is with the army, in our defense forces, on the frontlines, protecting life and humanity. Those who support others through prayer, conversation, and actions.

This is what the Church is: one with the people. Not two and a half thousand kilometers away—somewhere, looking for a virtual meditation between those who want to live and those who want to destroy you.

I am grateful to everyone in and with Ukraine who is making every effort to protect life. I thank everyone who helps, who is truly close in deeds and prayers.

https://x.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1766933108824113623?s=20

In other news, the commader-in-chief of the Russian Navy, Nikolai Yevmenov, is out. Not quite clear if he resigned or was dismissed. May his successor be as much of a failure as Nikolai was.

https://iz.ru/1662759/2024-03-10/istochniki-soobshchili-ob-otstavke-glavnokomanduiushchego-vmf-rf-admirala-evmenova

beer_war fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 10, 2024

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Pope Francis has at least been consistent with the whole "world peace" angle, even if it's not practical, feasible, or even possible.

beer_war posted:

I don't think Zelenskyy particularly cared for Pope Francis' comments.

https://x.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1766933108824113623?s=20

:hmmyes: "Negotiations for peace don't work with genocidal monsters" is about the mildest response Zelenskyy could give, but it's an accurate one.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sedgr posted:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Most people don't really give much of a gently caress about the pope and his imaginary friend.....wait Republicans

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Samovar posted:

Huh, even Poles are willing to critique the Pope. Guess even this was egregious enough of a comment from the Vatican to get that kind of a response.

Poles dig up Wojtyla and make him the pope in infinity

It's what they always wanted to do anyway

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Tai posted:

Most people don't really give much of a gently caress about the pope and his imaginary friend.....wait Republicans

They only care about the Pope when he agrees with their evangelical bullshit.

Sedgr posted:

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
Comical to think of anyone taking the Pope seriously. He’s talked before about Ukraine possibly “provoking” the war, and has also made plainly racist comments by insinuating that the cruelty shown by the Russian side is “mostly from non-Russians” like Buryats or other ethnic minorities that Putin uses as cannon fodder.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1766928587356025139#m
oh no, anyway.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1766940427968516441#m
:qq:

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Laurenz posted:

Comical to think of anyone taking the Pope seriously. He’s talked before about Ukraine possibly “provoking” the war, and has also made plainly racist comments by insinuating that the cruelty shown by the Russian side is “mostly from non-Russians” like Buryats or other ethnic minorities that Putin uses as cannon fodder.

Have you seen how Ukraine was dressed?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

“Firing your leaders is a clear sign that you’re winning the war!!!!!!!” Durrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Here's hoping that the new guy feels compelled to go on the offensive and gets half the fleet sunk trying to prove that they're still useful.

I do feel like he would have to try something aggressive. Otherwise why bother if they're just going to keep bottled up.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 11, 2024

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
He's excited for the promotion but can't shake this sinking feeling...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

5 weeks later.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

20 Days in Mariupol won the oscar

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

I can’t believe they would fire Boris yeltsin

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1767076319697813799#m
:toot:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

Good. Goddamn, that movie was hard to watch.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

Toxic Mental posted:

Is this why musk is.complaining about woke oscars, or just because he's a dumb piece or poo poo in general

Senor Big Snacks
Jan 6, 2024
https://x.com/Nebula00x/status/1767061491587436771?s=20

Mos.ru is currently down, so this may be genuine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

rowkey bilbao posted:

Is this why musk is.complaining about woke oscars, or just because he's a dumb piece or poo poo in general

All of the above