Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

More movies and television should feature achingly beautiful janitors

have you seen Scrubs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My phone autosuggested "Good Will Stancil" there lmao

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

top five Hollywood janitor roles:

Carl from The Breakfast Club

poo poo I can't think of any more

is Mr Miyagi a janitor?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

loquacius posted:

Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting

this seems like cheating but a) I'm mad I forgot about it and b) it's correct

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

loquacius posted:

you like them apples. no i'm not asking

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

always sunny moved production to CA after season 1 so Charlie Kelly is technically a hollywood janitor

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

God Hole posted:

always sunny moved production to CA after season 1 so Charlie Kelly is technically a hollywood janitor

cant believe the most obnoxiously philadelphia show on tv isnt actually made in philadelphia

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

loquacius posted:

noice

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The latest season of Always Sunny was significantly better than it has been in like five years imo. Glad to see they've still got it

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

sonatinas posted:

is Mr Miyagi a janitor?

no hes chinese

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Some Guy TT posted:

cant believe the most obnoxiously philadelphia show on tv isnt actually made in philadelphia

the price of Danny Devito. Philadelphia understands

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

The latest season of Always Sunny was significantly better than it has been in like five years imo. Glad to see they've still got it

yeah i've been an inconsistent watcher since covid but i watched every ep of this season and it was great

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the season where they used AI to assist in writing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

man what don't tell me that

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

AI is getting better at scriptwriting and is making honest media watchers nervous!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Gonna be real bad is my guess

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

brugroffil posted:

Gonna be real bad is my guess

could really go either way, a lot of people have been raised on KOH and it's been studied to death

if its bad tho im sure people will blame DEI

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i was never a bevis and butthead guy but lots of people mentioned they liked that revival. it could be good

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hanks gone woke!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

peggy, greg abbott won't get bobbi the HRT she needs

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

i say swears online posted:

i was never a bevis and butthead guy but lots of people mentioned they liked that revival. it could be good

Can confirm, the new seasons of B&B are excellent.

The transition of their interstitial scenes from making fun of music videos to internet videos felt very natural.

I'm not a big KOTH guy though so idk, it may not reboot so smoothly. We'll see.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

indigi posted:

the season where they used AI to assist in writing

Lmfao oh cool. Not surprising Rob McElhenney especially seems dumb enough to get into that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no mention anywhere online that that's real. I think indigi just made it up

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

DaysBefore posted:

Lmfao oh cool. Not surprising Rob McElhenney especially seems dumb enough to get into that

The guy who bought a Welsh football club on a whim? Dumb?

I don't think so!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I don't think so!

was it on a whim? i thought the whole point was to turn it into Content, which they did successfully afaik

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

In Training posted:

There's no mention anywhere online that that's real. I think indigi just made it up

there is video of Glen Howerton on a panel talking about it, it was posted early on in the strike. he said they had to work to clean it up but it could spit out a fully formulated plot beat for them. search the thread history, I can't do it on awful app

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tyler Perry already destroyed hundreds of potential jobs because he wants AI scripts

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

trying to find it on Google is impossible because I just keep getting pages like this

that's not even the right characters you stupid fuckin robot

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Tyler Perry already destroyed hundreds of potential jobs because he wants AI scripts

Tyler Perry is AI.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I don't think so!

now he and Reynolds are part owners of a terrible French f1 team!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

new avengers just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgOZELyW__U

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I just discovered that every single episode of Family Matters, Full House, Step by Step, and Fresh Prince are all on Max

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

ArmedZombie posted:

he's so desperate to be a walking brand like Reynolds, it's pathetic and hilarious

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I just discovered that every single episode of Family Matters, Full House, Step by Step, and Fresh Prince are all on Max

Watch the musical gunpowder episode and report back

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

ArmedZombie posted:

lmao i forgot about this

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

indigi posted:

there is video of Glen Howerton on a panel talking about it, it was posted early on in the strike. he said they had to work to clean it up but it could spit out a fully formulated plot beat for them. search the thread history, I can't do it on awful app

yeah it was when Glen had a talk at google for Blackberry with Matt Johnson and Jay Baruchel.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

the milk machine posted:

lmao i forgot about this

This is the first I’m hearing about it.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Plank Walker posted:

The publishers decided in the 00s that the market for video games in the US was entirely spike tv viewers/male 18-25 demographic. People were fuming mad that Wind Waker had colorful graphics and outside of Nintendo, no one was even trying to make games that weren't washed in some shade of brown in the name of "realism".

There are probably some counterexamples, but I can't think of any Western-developed releases that weren't leaning into either gritty realism or like I guess Simpson's Hit and Run which was based on a cartoon IP.

Once the Wii launched in 2006 there was a hard pivot to making more "casual" games for all three consoles, and western publishers defined the "casual gamer" audience as everyone outside that male 16-25 demo. IGN also launched their Greenpixels sister site. Rare got bought by Microsoft in 2002 and kept making their brand of cartoony games even if they weren't as good.

The 2000s were also the last decade in which every single kids movie, cartoon, and Disney channel show got turned into shovelware titles, they were still around for 6th gen consoles but by the 7th gen console development became too expensive. They remained a staple on handhelds. I can't say those games were good but they must have been profitable because they kept pumping them out

The Sims titles and their expansion packs were also permanent fixtures on the PC sales charts throughout the whole decade after EA/Maxis accidentally discovered there was a huge female audience for those games

EDIT: Plus there was a hundred console and handheld spinoffs of the Sims. It's all so easy to forget or ignore if you got your gaming news from magazines and websites of the decade. Because they relied on ad sales, and marketers considered young men with disposable income to be a demo worth it's weight in gold, so those outlets focused their coverage accordingly.

The 2000s ended with phone games and facebook games taking off

je1 healthcare has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

je1 healthcare posted:

The Sims titles and their expansion packs were also permanent fixtures on the PC sales charts throughout the whole decade after EA/Maxis accidentally discovered there was a huge female audience for those games

EDIT: Plus there was a hundred console and handheld spinoffs of the Sims. It's all so easy to forget or ignore if you got your gaming news from magazines and websites of the decade. Because they relied on ad sales, and marketers considered young men with disposable income to be a demo worth it's weight in gold, so those outlets focused their coverage accordingly.

its weird to look back in retrospect and think that the sims was originally conceived as just being add on content for simcity 2000 like i cant imagine that computers from that era could have realistically simulated the sort of granular details necessary to have the sims content meaningfully influence the larger simcity landscape

https://twitter.com/itstheshadsy/status/1535292346702745603

maybe it would be possible to do such a game today but the simcity and the sims target consumers are such radically different audiences its hard to imagine who such a project would really appeal to