Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Odds are Barbie is about to get robbed

they made a loving life-sized playhouse with plastic sand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I thought Maestro was a lock for that one

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Production design next

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

CapnAndy posted:

That's what they get for not using abestos sand instead

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Winner is

poor things

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Production design HAS to be Barbie right?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Okay I thought production design to Barbie was a lock. I have no idea how the rest of the night is gonna go

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

CapnAndy posted:

Agreed

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

CapnAndy posted:

lol :hfive:

apparently not but they did just do What Was I Made For so you missed that

Dammit!

Paracausal posted:

Boy and the Heron rightfully won

Oh gently caress yeah, I'm assuming nobody from Ghibli was actually there to do a speech?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Well I called that one

Barbie got loving robbed here and yes I saw Poor Things I don't care

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Okay I thought production design to Barbie was a lock. I have no idea how the rest of the night is gonna go

Extremely same

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Dang. I loved Poor Things but Barbie had what felt like way more inventive sets and such.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

If Emma Stone pips Lily Gladstone we might be on track for a Poor Things upset

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Yeah poor things felt like one of the smaller sets and production.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

live with fruit posted:

Song is a lock.

Song is a bullshit category; production design should've been a GIMMIE for Barbie

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Poor Things deserved it, sorry Barbieheads

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Kimmel and John Cena. I'm assuming we are prepping costume

Yes costumes

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

If Emma Stone pips Lily Gladstone we might be on track for a Poor Things upset

The Oscars love picking an acclaimed movie and giving it all the technical awards, then stiffing it for the big ones. Dune 1 won six

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Oh man is this John Cena bit the same tone as all the other jokes so far tonight? Yikes....

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
lol John Cena

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
These bits are the opposite of funny

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

mcmagic posted:

These bits are the opposite of funny
All that buildup just for Cena to go "...Costumes" was at least a punchline

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Costume winner is

Poor things

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
POOR THINGS SWEEP

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Wtf are we getting a Poor Things sweep?

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Poor Barbie, at least they got their millions.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
This movie I hadn't heard of until tonight is cleaning up. Sorry, I had a baby this year and went to the cinema twice.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I thought that was a funny bit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

what did Greta Gerwig do to, apparently, the entire Academy

because they are holding a grudge

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
my oscar picks are officially in shambles at this point

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Paracausal posted:

This movie I hadn't heard of until tonight is cleaning up. Sorry, I had a baby this year and went to the cinema twice.
It's on Hulu and worth a watch

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I liked the John Cena bit :colbert:

I also kinda thought this one should be Barbie, but I'm more OK with Poor Things than I was with production design

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Poor Things is getting the "Oppenheimer is winning the top awards so you get everything else" treatment

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Wtf are we getting a Poor Things sweep?

This lady seems as genuinely surprised as the rest of us

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

surf rock posted:

(Past Lives)

So maybe it should be Best Picture

I’m down with that. Unexpected but deserved.

I’m glad something crazy is getting these hairstyle/costume/design awards rather than things with a ton of reference material.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Who was Noah Baumbachs former wife?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I expected Poor Things to snag costume, but Production Design surprised me. Poor Things cleaning up.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
They really should've used P.I.M.P. to play people off.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We're probably coming up on Visual, which is the only other category I have a real horse in

please they had godzilla shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

My Face When posted:

Who was Noah Baumbachs former wife?

Jennifer Jason Leigh.