Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
I understand getting the legend up there to do the best picture read but at least check if they can string a sentence together before giving them the job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

General Dog posted:

Was he uh, supposed to read the list of nominees first?

They present them across the night

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Maybe all was just listing movies he saw

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

General Dog posted:

Was he uh, supposed to read the list of nominees first?

Yeah probably

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Al doesn’t give a poo poo good for him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Stone was phenomenal in PT. Both would have been deserved winners. The Oscars are loving poo poo.

She already has one. Lilly Gladstone likely won't get another shot at one.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/fleMitchfilm/status/1759374987612266635

quote:

Putting my owm opinions aside, The Curse is about become an even funnier show if Emma Stone stops the first ever Native American Best Actress win from happening lmao

A few of yous are getting so caught up in how objectively unfair it is to view it like this that you can't appreciate how objectively funny it is to view it like this lmao

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

lol good work Pacino!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I mean they've been showing the best nominees the whole night, I'm not opposed to getting to the point but it feels like Pacino did his own thing in getting to the point and it was anti climatic indeed.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Al Pacino adding to his legend

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

Yeah this is true.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

mcmagic posted:

And Emma Stone will get another half dozen nominations at least in her lifetime

Shoulda given to Gladstone.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Illegal Hen
Al just giving more time for all the producers to talk.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Did they almost play her off???? lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hopefully not that James Woods

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Josh Lyman posted:

It is. For some reason he had the rights to the book it’s based on.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
There were some things tonight that made me happy (Boy and the Heron, Zone of Interest x2, Godzilla), but Oppenheimer ruined the night.

I thought it was solid when I saw it last summer, but I've just seen so, so, so many films since then that I enjoyed and/or appreciated so much more since then.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

It's that James woods lol

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

WeaponX posted:

Al doesn’t give a poo poo good for him

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Pushing Gladstone into the lead category didn't pay off.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

lol at Anatomy dog fake peeing on Damon

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

live with fruit posted:

Pushing Gladstone into the lead category didn't pay off.

She was the lead of the movie. The fulcrum of the movie. The emotional heart of the movie. And she gave a better performance than Stone did. She was loving robbed and anybody who voted for Stone should be ashamed.

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006
Well, happy Mother's Day, Yoko.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

emma stone arer you loving kidding me

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I haven’t seen all the Best Picture nominations but I liked both Barbie and Poor Things more than Oppenheimer. It was good, I’m not saying it wasn’t, but… yeah whatever

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/RabbiShmuley/status/1767007110

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

wow. happy i was wrong about the academy giving the sympathy win to gladstone for playing backseat to leo in a three and a half hour movie instead of emma stone who is on screen basically the entire time and carries the movie with her performance.

stoked killers didn't get poo poo it was way too long and super overrated. some really good shots but barely held my interest more than a few minutes at a time between me checking my phone and dilly dallying around my apartment.

poor things haters can suck it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

whatever this was is already deleted

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Lily Gladstone losing is almost as bad as War is Over winning best animated short

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ShoogaSlim posted:

whatever this was is already deleted

looks like the poster deleted part of the url

https://twitter.com/RabbiShmuley/status/1767007110431179139

Absolutely disgusting!!🤮 Jonathan Glazer who deserves so much credit for his incredible holocaust film “The zone of interest” which I loved, betrayed his people and disgraced himself and trivialized the 6 million martyrs of the holocaust, when he said that Israel’s War in Gaza was hijacking the memory of the holocaust. How dare you compare the two? You fool. The whole purpose of Israel’s war in Gaza is to make sure THERE ISN’T A SECOND HOLOCAUST so we don’t need more of your films because Jews actually remain alive. HAMAS HAS ONE INTENTION. GENOCIDE OF JEWS. How is it the Jews in Hollywood have absolutely no pride in being Jewish and never ever stand up for the only Jewish country on earth, Israel. #HollywoodCowards #NeverAgain

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead
Stone had the better performance in the better movie. The Oppenheimer wins are all much more objectionable.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

lmao "that is so beautiful"

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Ignis posted:

Lily Gladstone losing is almost as bad as War is Over winning best animated short

The Iranian one was robbed. All the other nominees sucked.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Oppenheimer is good stuff, solid wins though spreading them around is more fun. Overall many good winners in other categories.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

looks like the poster deleted part of the url
nice meltdown / this motherfucker actually paid for a free hellsite lol combo post

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I haven’t seen all the Best Picture nominations but I liked both Barbie and Poor Things more than Oppenheimer. It was good, I’m not saying it wasn’t, but… yeah whatever

The oppenheimer documentary was way better than the movie.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sio posted:

Stone had the better performance in the better movie. The Oppenheimer wins are all much more objectionable.

Cillian Murphy carries most movies he's allowed to lead so I don't begrudge that one

Giamatti maybe had a shot but he's always just a little bit Giamatti is his roles, never really disappears into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That's fine. You want a little Giamatt sprinkled on top your film