Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Once we were horrified at how the W Bushisms had knocked the likes of Dan Quayle into a cocked hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

teen witch posted:

Bushisms were foundational to my middle and high school years, it’s so weird that they’re quaint in comparison to the current Hell of our Existence.

Now watch this drive

yeah at least bush was fun to quote. whereas just the sound of trump's braying donkey voice is enough to trigger me

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

impossiboobs posted:

"Can't get fooled again" is my favourite Bush moment. Blessings upon your household for this.

I suspect that Bush realized he was about to say "shame on me", a sentence that could very easily be clipped and used against him in all sorts of ways, so he deliberately said something else.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nebrilos posted:

I suspect that Bush realized he was about to say "shame on me", a sentence that could very easily be clipped and used against him in all sorts of ways, so he deliberately said something else.

That's the common theory but I don't know how much I believe it

Considering how little trouble anyone has spinning any quote in or out of context, it seems a little implausible he made such a subtle and PR-tuned decision in the moment and then pivoted to such a weird alternative line, when he could have just like, held up his hands silently to suggest “you know the rest of the expression”

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 10:39 on Mar 11, 2024

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Not from lack of trying

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That shoe bit is actually kind of endearing, he's like oh sweet haven't dodged a shoe for ages

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Nebrilos posted:

And if he had just said it normal, it wouldn't have nearly been as timeless.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

That Ghostbusters remake looked awful.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

The Demilich posted:

My favorite scene was when the lady talked about getting slime in her vagina. Then the scene just wouldn't end, so she told the same joke three or four different times, but slightly different. And it was funnier each time. A classic.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
drat lol

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'

teen witch posted:

Bushisms were foundational to my middle and high school years, it’s so weird that they’re quaint in comparison to the current Hell of our Existence.

Now watch this drive

I’d bet in 20 years Trump’s gona look quaint in comparison to whatever monster they got up there. Just like how everyone thought Bush was the bottom of the barrel at the time

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

counterfeitsaint posted:

My favorite scene was when the lady talked about getting slime in her vagina. Then the scene just wouldn't end, so she told the same joke three or four different times, but slightly different. And it was funnier each time. A classic.

Oh that Paul Fieg. If you don't hire any screenwriter and let your actor improvise, it gets much cheaper funnier!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

counterfeitsaint posted:

I didn't care to see the remake because it seemed vapid in its comedic composition compared to the OG film, especially when comparing character roles.

But now that I know Slimegina is on the menu...

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

sebmojo posted:

That shoe bit is actually kind of endearing, he's like oh sweet haven't dodged a shoe for ages

dont look into what shoe guy has been up to other than his random twitter burns that libs love to retweet

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is the only funny thing to come out of that remake.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

The Demilich posted:

It became such a culture war touchstone that I hated it and still wanted it to succeed.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Samfucius posted:

It became such a culture war touchstone that I hated it and still wanted it to succeed.

it was mid at best and not worth all the hate it got

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol. we live in a dystopia

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Gotta love landlord graphic design.

NOBODY IS IN TROUBLE, "DIRE WARNING" IS THE ONLY TEMPLATE I HAVE

OMAR I HAVE SEEN YOU TAKE MANY PLUMS

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
The Ghostbusters reboot with Paul Rudd was decent at least

This is pretty wholesome until the I can use your data line

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Gonna steal that guy's berry data

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Brawnfire posted:

OMAR I HAVE SEEN YOU TAKE MANY PLUMS

Forgive him, they were sweet and so cold.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Love the university science test rear end bowl

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That last line

I'M NOT IN TROUBLE AT ALL

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pretty sure it's one of those joke posters. Right? Definitely has that vibe.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

Data Graham posted:

That last line

I'M NOT IN TROUBLE AT ALL

IT'S FINE FOR ME TO DO THIS IF YOU LIVE IN MY BUILDING I CAN USE YOUR DATA

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Great now I'm going to read every landlord note like Tim Robinson sputtering an excuse, thanks guys.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Brawnfire posted:

Great now I'm going to read every landlord note like Tim Robinson sputtering an excuse, thanks guys.

I'm your landlord! Last month you gave me money for rent in exchange for having somewhere to live! I DIDN'T DO loving poo poo! I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT IT!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Baby Billy's Bible Bonkers

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

mrpwase posted:

I'm your landlord! Last month you gave me money for rent in exchange for having somewhere to live! I DIDN'T DO loving poo poo! I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT IT!

No, I don't know how to manage a loving property! I don't know what any of this poo poo is, and I'm loving scared!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

KoRMaK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXAvu9cEhTg

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

So I'm watching the 2016 Ghostbusters
This sucks lol

In fact the only legit funny part is Zach Woods in the intro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Everyone told you it sucked, why did you decide to watch it anyway