Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apologies to the Goons who I blew up my barrage, killing all 4 of us, and stopping the Extract cooldown :sweatdrop:

TheMostFrench posted:

Is there a way to post a permanent or long term discord link because all the ones I've put in OP expire after a few days or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

[edit ^: Or maybe I'm thinking of some other feature...]

IIRC, because Discord has been steadily Enshitified, a discord server needs to be boosted to a certain level or be a "Community Server" to get permanent join links as an option.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Why does no one use the assault rifle drone? I haven't tried it myself but is it really hard to keep enough ammo for it or something?

iirc it's a combination of low overall ammo capacity and having a small amount of that refilled by pick ups. i used it once and then immediately bought the laser one next mission.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Holy moly I need this.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Do you need 4 players for this? can you use 2 and have bots/random people fill in like DRG?

im not sure where this is on the casual-<--|--> get booted for non-meta build spectrum.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hell you can play solo queues if you want. I've so far played up to Hard difficulty and managed to complete missions with only two players.

I really need to get an autocannon they look like fun and they blow up chargers real good.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

buglord posted:

Do you need 4 players for this? can you use 2 and have bots/random people fill in like DRG?

im not sure where this is on the casual-<--|--> get booted for non-meta build spectrum.

You can reliably do level 7 missions with randos, which is the minimum level for the highest tier of resources you need. I've heard of being kicked for non meta but never experience it, and you can always host missions yourself if you don't want to worry about it, slots fill pretty much immediately if it isn't bugged

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

buglord posted:

you don't need four players and people will fill slots if you have matchmaking set to public. you will also occasionally get kicked for incomprehensible reasons, but you can host your own games and no longer worry about that.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

[edit ^: Or maybe I'm thinking of some other feature...]

IIRC, because Discord has been steadily Enshitified, a discord server needs to be boosted to a certain level or be a "Community Server" to get permanent join links as an option.

Fixing PC group link now, will work out PlayStation group later

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Arc Hammer posted:

I really need to get an autocannon they look like fun and they blow up chargers real good.

The man portable Autocannon, by itself, is not great against Chargers (unless you can get the leg armor bug to work). If you got a friend with an EAT or a Recoilless to crack a leg open though a single AC shot to the exposed meat will usually kill though.

The Autocannon Sentry though will (slowly) gently caress one up by stunlocking it and grinding it down. Or maybe It'll decide that Scavenger about to bite your ankle really needs to die and explode it (and you) instead.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

whoever is generating the invite link/code needs to set the expiration. i can create a permanent invite (until i manually revoke it) on my personal, unboosted server so i don't think that's it. it's possible that you might need an actual server admin to do this, tho, it might be more restricted for other people? i dunno how discord roles and permissions work at that level.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

This is so good! How do I remove a tag I don’t want to make room for this?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
another q:

how hard is it without mic? is there text chat? DRG set a pretty high standard for pubbie play in my experience. somehow everything was pretty frictionless, goals were directly displayed, and you could accomplish a lot by pointing and spamming we're rich!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

buglord posted:

another q:

how hard is it without mic? is there text chat? DRG set a pretty high standard for pubbie play in my experience. somehow everything was pretty frictionless, goals were directly displayed, and you could accomplish a lot by pointing and spamming we're rich!

maybe 10% of ppl ive encountered use a mic

and a third of the ones that do i mainly hear their mom or dog

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

buglord posted:

another q:

95%+ of random players don't use a mic (unless its some dipshit with their mic always on chomping on chips into the mic), text chat is also rare, everyone uses the in-game map pinging which does the job just fine. Its also easy to mute the people with always on mics

Piell fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 11, 2024

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

buglord posted:

another q:

you can point your cursor at anything and press q and it will drop a context-specific marker everybody can see complete with a voice line like 'tank, 50 meters', and you can also drop a map pin to suggest destinations for the group to head to

the only thing it's missing from DRG is a rock and stone button

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

buglord posted:

another q:

i barely ever feel the need to say anything over voice to pubbies, you can drop pins on the map and ping stuff in line of sight and your character even makes pretty accurate call outs

it all works very well

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i mostly use the mic to praise democracy & freedom

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
alright cool thanks everyone.

for some reason I got it in my head that the game suffered if you werent in some 4 buddy mic'd up super squad.

e: i guess it would only be more enjoyable if I was, but I don't really have the patience or the buddies with similar patience/commitment for that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Raspberry Bang posted:

This is so good! How do I remove a tag I don’t want to make room for this?

Just chill, Mode7 will be back once the tag is uploaded.

Quote that post and they'll add it.
(Ask nicely and they'll modify your current setup)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Just saw this and yeah I'm liking this

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

buglord posted:

alright cool thanks everyone.

for some reason I got it in my head that the game suffered if you werent in some 4 buddy mic'd up super squad.

e: i guess it would only be more enjoyable if I was, but I don't really have the patience or the buddies with similar patience/commitment for that.

The game is also fully playable and enjoyable and doable in a pair. Don't feel like you need a full squad every time

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

atelier morgan posted:

you can point your cursor at anything and press q and it will drop a context-specific marker everybody can see complete with a voice line like 'tank, 50 meters', and you can also drop a map pin to suggest destinations for the group to head to

the only thing it's missing from DRG is a rock and stone button

we absolutely positively need a "random patriotic exclamation" button

and also an emote wheel

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

i barely ever feel the need to say anything over voice to pubbies, you can drop pins on the map and ping stuff in line of sight and your character even makes pretty accurate call outs

it all works very well

I like that if you hover over someone's ping and press your ping button, it gives it a green tick and your diver says they're on it. I wish I could confirm my own pings to let people know there is a charger and I'm going to gently caress up killing it.

I wish the little comms rose thingo had more options, like "well done!", "how's ammo?", "come load me/ I'll load you", "you kill that please", "run!!!", "don't go that way". Even nonsense fun spam lines like yelling for democracy would be great.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Yeah this is dope, I would like it. Thank you

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Oneiros posted:

Like in Chivalry screaming AGATHA

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

Sindai posted:

I dropped a 380 strike in the middle of a medium bot base and it still manages to avoid destroying either factory with laser like accuracy. Pretty silly for a 4 minute cooldown that makes you sit around for 30s watching it.

That’s rough. I’ve used it to wax a dozen small/medium bot bases since the upgrade and it has failed on maybe two mediums, leaving one factory alive both times.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

boz posted:

Like in Chivalry screaming AGATHA

a dedicated battlecry button would fit in seamlessly

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oneiros posted:

There is one, just hold down Left Mouse Button. :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_le3HEcLFSY

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Just reiterating, I will make a big post with flashing sirens and everything when the tag is ready to go out and you can quote me then to get one, but it may not be immediate as it needs to get uploaded to the back end and the admins usually appreciate a heads up before we're about to dump a bunch of title changes in the approval queue. :v:

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Piell posted:

95%+ of random players don't use a mic (unless its some dipshit with their mic always on chomping on chips into the mic), text chat is also rare, everyone uses the in-game map pinging which does the job just fine. Its also easy to mute the people with always on mics
I used my mic to chew dove chocolate loudly. Ask other goons.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The game thankfully has a pretty solid mute function and also lets you scale people’s voice chat volume individually

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Why does no one use the assault rifle drone? I haven't tried it myself but is it really hard to keep enough ammo for it or something?

It's actually better than the laser dog vs. Robots because it kills small ones in one burst and you are not typically engaging more than a dozen at a time.

It is hard to justify over a shield or supply pack, though.

But it runs out of ammo too fast vs. Bugs since a dozen is like a regular patrol or one wave of a breach.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 11, 2024

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Finally tried shield against robots and discovered I've been playing as though I had a shield this entire time! Now my poor use of cover and overly aggressive charges around blind corners can go unpunished.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Yeah, I can't imagine using the rifle drone if I'm gonna have to watch it constantly running dry on ammo. The reason the laser drone is so nice is because you just equip it and forget about it (at least until it lasers your head off).

Been having fun playing with a loadout of Laser Drone, EAT, Eagle Airstrike, and Orbital Laser. It's kinda cool dropping down without a fulltime support weapon and just hoping to find something good along the way.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

deep dish peat moss posted:

This is one of the most satisfying feelings in this whole game :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/tz9kWtE.mp4

Yeah, hell yeah. I always lose it when the 500kg tags a big bug.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I got that laser dog in me

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Slaps and I need it.