Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Eediot Jedi posted:

I wish the little comms rose thingo had more options, like "well done!", "how's ammo?", "come load me/ I'll load you", "you kill that please", "run!!!", "don't go that way". Even nonsense fun spam lines like yelling for democracy would be great.

My friend I usually play with are on voice together but he spots things then does the negative blurb to tell people not to engage and it seems to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

If I could propose a slight modification to the gang tag:

or

The official Helldivers logo has a little bit of a gutter around the skull, so I added one here to match.

blastron fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 11, 2024

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah yeah I'd looked at that, and I get what you mean, but the OG logo follows the curves of the skull.

There's no 'good' solution that follows the curve of the grenade and keeps inline with it, as it's not a mirrored image like the skull and is already offset from the centre, so I followed the rule the original one set - a 2 pixel spacing and follow the curve

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Okay I'm coming in with a take hotter than an eagle napalm: tags are dumb and I'm not looking forward to multiple unreadable pages asking for them!

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Okay I'm coming in with a take hotter than an eagle napalm: tags are dumb and I'm not looking forward to multiple unreadable pages asking for them!

Tags are awesome and my body is ready.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

buglord posted:

alright cool thanks everyone.

for some reason I got it in my head that the game suffered if you werent in some 4 buddy mic'd up super squad.

e: i guess it would only be more enjoyable if I was, but I don't really have the patience or the buddies with similar patience/commitment for that.

lots of people will talk about needing four players and everyone coordinating and running meta weapons because a very vocal portion of this game's community inexplicably insists on playing on the hardest difficulty, which is designed to be almost impossible, while having a meltdown about the hardest difficulty being almost impossible. if you are not one of those people then you'll be completely fine.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

oh no, a post, in a thread, on a forum

How will you recover

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Tonight I had a game where I (the host) crashed, then a second player crashed, then a third player crashed, luckily the fourth player never crashed and when I got back in the game all the enemies weren't moving and no more spawned.

I'm guessing that kind of cascading crash is caused by something going wrong with the host's game state, and then the same bug crashing others as they become host.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

There is one, just hold down Left Mouse Button. :v:

instructions unclear I blew up my mech

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

have the devs commented on whether mechs blowing themselves up if you fire a rocket while turning is intended, or a glitch? i could see them making either argument

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
It's a feature.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I’ve been able to deal with Hunters so far with the flamethrower. But with no stagger effect when you see the stalker headed right for you say goodbye.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chard posted:

have the devs commented on whether mechs blowing themselves up if you fire a rocket while turning is intended, or a glitch? i could see them making either argument

Oh good glad it's not just me.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Black Noise posted:

I’ve been able to deal with Hunters so far with the flamethrower. But with no stagger effect when you see the stalker headed right for you say goodbye.

I'm not quite there yet in medals but I'm hoping the slugger will help against the stuff the flamethrower is bad against, like stalkers and the fat spitters that are that weapon's doom.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I'm not quite there yet in medals but I'm hoping the slugger will help against the stuff the flamethrower is bad against, like stalkers and the fat spitters that are that weapon's doom.

Slugger is good against stalkers, but not awesome vs. spitters unless they're facing you - but impact grenades are.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
I found myself running out of impact granades when I used them against the spitters with the flamethrower. They're good against them but they usually come in pairs if not multiples. That's why I like the grenade launcher. Chargers are way easier for me to dodge than their acid spit for whatever reason.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I've been testing various primary weapons against the bots and have come to the conclusion that all the niche options like liberator penetrater are terrible. Being able to damage devastators without perfect headshots isn't helpful unless you're staggering them or have an incredible Time To Kill because unloading into an elite devastator without staggering it results in you getting rocketed/gatling'd. It actually ended up being even worse against them than the defender or breaker because you couldn't even mag dump the rocket pods as a last resort to cripple close range rocket devastators.

It really is just a choice between Liberator/Defender for good raider/marauder killing at all ranges with decent Berserker killing, Breaker for a more close range focus against raiders and a better berserker matchup, or Slugger for an okay raider matchup, decent berserker killing but importantly also being viable for brawling against elite devastators. Everything else fails hard in some aspect, usually because of berserkers or because they're not actually practical for killing devastators despite being able to hurt them.

E: I had hopes for them because bots have more varied armour types but Striders are too bulky from the front and gatling devastators rip you apart if they’re not immediately disabled. I haven’t unlocked the scorcher yet though, maybe being a quick and reliable strider killer will make it worthwhile.

Darox fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Mar 11, 2024

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

idk I like the Dilligence marksman rifle against bots, good at engaging at a distance and going for the weak spots.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I just got the slugger finally and later today I’ll probably do some comparisons between that and the DMRs

At this point I barely use my primary or secondary weapon and almost exclusively either avoid fights, run away, or airstrike things/grenade spam

Most gunfights I’m in are on landings or extractions

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

OP discord links updated

https://discord.com/invite/fHmzuHSHV8 #helldivers-2
https://discord.gg/PeRkhXTFsb Playstation Goon Nation Helldivers 2 Discussion

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Had no idea the DMR did good work on bots.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The marksman primary has been fun to use on bots with an autocannon and armor that lets me throw things really far. It's a good-positioning loadout for picking off important things and not letting yourself also get swarmed by reinforcements. It struggles in scrambles a little bit when lots of chainsaw bots get too close, but impact grenades have felt helpful for those situations.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Diligence, Dominator, and Scorcher are all really good against bots too. Liberator AP is just okay against bots, but is better against bugs IMO. The Scorcher is not as good against Devastators but that's why you have a support weapon or a teammate to help you with those. Being able to 2-3 shot Striders from the front is really great, as is being able to blow out a Hulk weakpoint in like 5 shots. It's fine against everything else the bots throw at you.

Also, I dunno who came up with the idea that the Diligence CS is secretly medium armor piercing because it absolutely isn't.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 11, 2024

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I've been having a hard time trying to find a reason at higher difficulties to use the DMR when the Liberator Penetrator, while having lower base damage, is much higher in armor penetration.

Around 7 or so the pen seems more useful than the raw damage when you can tapfire it, or even just burstfire and relatively easily control the recoil while you're dumping into a Hulk's glowing weak spot.

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

Doing my part for an unreadable thread by begging for this gang tag. Great work!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I think the liberator penetrator is ok. I think my biggest issue with it is that the defender does about 50% more damage with a 50% larger magazine so even if you’re doing 50% reduced damage because of penetration, at least you can still fire one-handed and it is still comparable

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The AMR actually feels really good against bots on 8. I wouldn't pay for one but when you find it and kill brutes or rocket boys by shooting their eyes it feels very effective.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
PoV: You decided to bring an orbital stratagem on an increased orbital scatter mission
https://i.imgur.com/7l4pzat.mp4

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Having played with Slugger for both bugs and bots, gonna say it's the best primary in the game. Very good for bots, instakills lights and stunlocks and kills mediums quickly. Not as bad as you'd think for bugs, it'll pop warrior heads instantly (watch out for their berserk mode) and also I feel like it stunlocks everything up to brood commanders along with popping lights. Shell by shell reload means you'll always have a response ready too.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Worf posted:

https://i.imgur.com/zBLZwEH.mp4

somebody earlier ITT mentioned going into first person to see railgun charge and i just wanted to highlight thats not necessary

that tiny rear end display drowning in its own aliasing is very useless in most situations tp and is in itself very terrible UI even in first person. Railgun should imo have a way better show and tell for overloading (and also the scale of that timeframe)
IDK if half of these things are supposed to be like world building or so, having extra lovely equipment as an idiot pawn in fascism but it sure takes out the fun sometimes given the game itself has a very linear standard video game progression and reward system

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

God the mech is so much fun when things line up just right :allears:

Egg clearing mission with one batch left, 10 minutes left on the clock, the rest of the team is bogged down clearing a large bug nest or hunting for the super samples, and I decide "gently caress it". Call in my mech and wade into the last hatchery guns blazing and clear it solo. Feels so good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I am extremely good at blowing up teammates

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Infinitum posted:

I am extremely good at blowing up teammates

https://i.imgur.com/hKourUX.mp4

:v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:cripes:

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I'm also fully sluggerpilled now, it's so nice to have a brood commander charging at you and give it one shot that sends it reeling back. Great for chainsaw boys as well. You can even one shot devastators if you hit them in the head. I can't wait to try out the plasma shotgun, I'm hoping it'll be great for bugs.

Also hoping they don't fix supercredit farming on trivial missions. If they're gonna release a thousand cred warbond every month, it's nice to have the option to spend a bit of tedium farming rather than the cash. I'm sure with the success of the game they'll have enough whales to subsidize the rest of us.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Some more weird spawn poo poo: I was doing a level 2 difficulty mission to clear some daily objectives and there were devastators palling around with every pack of dudes. Not a single strider in sight.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
seems to be two 'hidden' strategems, at least for me. Where the number available to purchase is less than the total number it says is available

one in robotics workshop and one in orbital cannons

so maybe one of the other mech variants and....?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I'm also fully sluggerpilled now, it's so nice to have a brood commander charging at you and give it one shot that sends it reeling back. Great for chainsaw boys as well. You can even one shot devastators if you hit them in the head. I can't wait to try out the plasma shotgun, I'm hoping it'll be great for bugs.

Also hoping they don't fix supercredit farming on trivial missions. If they're gonna release a thousand cred warbond every month, it's nice to have the option to spend a bit of tedium farming rather than the cash. I'm sure with the success of the game they'll have enough whales to subsidize the rest of us.

I think one of my favorite features of the Slugger right now is that it blows open the doors on the shipping containers holding extra items. The fact that three slugs to the skull of a bile spitter will not only kill it but keep it stunlocked the entire time is just an extra bonus.

Also, the feeling when a charger is chasing a squad mate nearly perpendicular to your line of sight and you lead it just perfectly to blow off the armor on its front leg with an exosuit rocket is pure :discourse: Got to watch that thing faceplant and slide along the ground before my squaddie turned around and just finished it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Infinitum posted:

Nah yeah I'd looked at that, and I get what you mean, but the OG logo follows the curves of the skull.

There's no 'good' solution that follows the curve of the grenade and keeps inline with it, as it's not a mirrored image like the skull and is already offset from the centre, so I followed the rule the original one set - a 2 pixel spacing and follow the curve

This doesn't solve that particular issue, but I was wondering maybe a combo of both might look good?

like this?