Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Infinitum posted:

My fav Jamie Oliver bit was when he smuggly showed a bunch of young kids how chicken nuggets are made, effectively using all the left over 'unwanted' parts, did a big song and dance over how disgusting the process was, and the kids STILL wanted to eat the chickie nuggies.

The best part is watching him die inside :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-aKqp1kzKg

Yeah to be honest when I was living solo he was one of my first ports of call to learn how to not make dogshit meals constantly.

A lot of his work around teaching people how to cook was incredibly noble, but it always came with a slight air of talking down to people.

Nah the best bit was giving Uncle Roger an aneurysm by adding chili jam to fried rice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
hey eoin you could use your sea animal talents elsewhere if you every lose your job

Duck and Cover posted:

Anyone interested in a Humpca (Girl Orca)?
https://flurb.me/product/humpca/

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Jamie Oliver is just a western equivalent of some dude who is really into know what is and isnt haraam/kosher and feels like he is the authority on it

Oh course , once interrogated his opinions are based on ignorant vibes at best and disdain for the lower classes at worst

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Huh, so kind of like an anti-3D printer? A 3D deleter. Awesome.

Like one of these things?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwzwzobO5rs

Yeah one of them things, they're not as high res and accurate as 3d printing but much faster and cheaper

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Jestery posted:

Oh course , once interrogated his opinions are based on ignorant vibes at best and disdain for the lower classes at worst

So essentially just a British empire level Toff.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Non Compos Mentis posted:

hey eoin you could use your sea animal talents elsewhere if you every lose your job

200 euros each?
Sign me up

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

If you think Jamie Oliver is a bit pretentious, you should see his French Counterpart: Jami Olivier

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
you could put the sperm back in sperm whale

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A sperm whales sperm is about the size of a goldfish. Hence the name.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have a half finished humpback model I could slap a massive pussy onto

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Funky See Funky Do posted:

A sperm whales sperm is about the size of a goldfish. Hence the name.

its cause the old timey folks thought their heads were filled with cum

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
man in a stovepipe hat with a monocle and a pipe: i say johnson did you get happy with the whale, theres cum all over its head

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

EoinCannon posted:

I have a half finished humpback model I could slap a massive pussy onto

Half bong, half fleshlight
All whale

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You could make it the entrance to an educational exhibit inside the whale. It's 2024 you can do it.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Half bong, half fleshlight
All whale

lowering the hose into your pooled up semen

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Jamie Oliver is a hero, I refer to Bourdain's reassessment of him in Medium Raw. Essentially, he needed neither the money nor even more exposure (he is dangerously overexposed on food TV, thence overfamiliarity, hence 'he's a knob') but he went ahead and called out the British government for crappy school lunches and tried to teach American people with unhealthy diets how to make delicious food on a budget. Anyone who gives Uncle Roger an aneurysm is a hero too, it's his entire schtick.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

The trees that smell like whale cum

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
by Daryl Braithwaite

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Jestery posted:

The signal of Canberra Spring. Then the metric gently caress ton of pollen.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Jestery posted:

My mind immediately parsed this as sung to the mash theme

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

My brain tried working it into Flame Trees but gave up :effort:

EDIT: god drat it, Give Me A Home Among The Cum Trees was right there

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Through early morning fog I see, the trees that smell like whale cum to me....

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Non Compos Mentis posted:

you could put the sperm back in sperm whale

Done.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Went to buy bread on my way home and they only had Wonder White. I prefer multigrain, but there was literally nothing else on the shelf and I wanted a sandwich because it was too hot to cook, so gently caress it.

I took out a couple slices and it looks like one of those cheap kitchen sponges and tasted worse.

I don't believe in policing the food people eat*, as long as it's healthy eat what you want. But drat, this poo poo wasn't even like a loaf of bread it was so heavily processed and bland. If you're buying this stuff on the regular, please, you can do so much better for the same price.

* Jamie Oliver is still a twat, though.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
The Baker's delight here is open until 730 at night so it's our go-to for bread. It's a bit more exxy than supermarket bread but the hi fibre low GI loaf is consistently tasty.

I used to always get bread from a local bakery until they kept selling me "fresh" bread that tasted like it was a day old :argh:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Supermarket bread is absolute balls ime. Not fresh and more holes than bread. Most of the local bakeries round here have closed or been pushed out, if the last one goes or turns bad we'll just have to stop eating bread completely.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Bread is a thing you can make, not just buy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mad Max but it's a Bread Shortage that causes a war.

Carth Dookie posted:

OK covid locked down 2020 poster, Carth Dookie

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

(Making bread is pretty fun though, hey)

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I did all my own bread during lockdowns

A fun skill to learn, but yeah bakery's are a thing and for good reason

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2024/mar/11/bread-but-not-butter-which-foods-are-worth-making-from-scratch

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I saw this yesterday and was smug, as someone who routinely makes yoghurt and muesli, and sometimes hummus

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Carth Dookie posted:

I have tried many times and still end up something more like the heat tiles on the space shuttle. I'm starting to think bread making is a lie, and we are just pulling it from massive stockpiles left by aliens.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Jestery posted:

I did all my own bread during lockdowns

A fun skill to learn, but yeah bakery's are a thing and for good reason

Problem with that home made bread is it tasted so drat good I'd eat too much of it.

But between that and colesworth garbage. Homemade any day.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Gromit posted:

I have tried many times and still end up something more like the heat tiles on the space shuttle. I'm starting to think bread making is a lie, and we are just pulling it from massive stockpiles left by aliens.

Pre hydrate your yeast to make sure it still alive.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

NPR Journalizard posted:

Pre hydrate your yeast to make sure it still alive.

My brother-in-law would definitely say this to my sister before they hosed

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

that spermwhales cock is famous

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I like nice breads but I normally have a loaf of some Printer-Paper-esque loaf for churning out toasties at 2am in addition to sour bread for nice sangas when i am judged under the light of god.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Carth Dookie posted:

Homemade bread does own, but it's hard to slice and serve and it doesn't last very long.