Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tree Bucket posted:

Friends, it could have been worse
So much worse

i love how they get progressively more gremlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mx. posted:

i love how they get progressively more gremlin

I think that was probably just my mental state deteriorating
But, you know, this looks like a job for the thread's favorite colorist, By Popular Demand!!!

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

So much worse

this is possibly the only piece of angel catbird media that exists anywhere where someone was not given money to draw it

But that doesn't mean a terrible price wasn't paid

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 33: Miyamoto's Birthday

Happy birthday, Blacksuit Miyamoto!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Isawa's soul is immense

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
This comic really speaks to me for some reason. It's just weirdly wholesome, and even though the stakes are low its evocative.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

You guys are going to flip when I start posting the next chapter.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

one day outing rules. everyone wishes they had as sketchy / loyal friends as that crew.

tokenbrownguy has a new favorite as of 05:18 on Mar 11, 2024

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Emzedoh posted:

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 33: Miyamoto's Birthday

Happy birthday, Blacksuit Miyamoto!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UY8YchpjTs

Man that is an inspired choice
The show it's used in is also super good and might make you ugly cry. A+ recommendation

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Tree Bucket posted:

So much worse

Bird Cat Angel looks like he hates Mondays.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

bird cat angel

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Fear. Fear was in my heart. I put on my mask to frighten it away.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
WELL the global Angel Catbird fan(?)art counter now stands at two!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Mx. posted:

bird cat angel

gently caress yes this rulesssssssssss

e: drat i was gonna just make more Souboutei shitposts but now the meta has shifted to angel cat bird

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

prev

When we last left Strig, he was being propositioned by a shapeshifting owl demigod he'd never met before who immediately demanded his feline catbone. We pick up with them trading spit after meeting in the previous panel.

Oh no! Kate arrives at the scene! And since there isn't enough catman bird manmeat to go around, a catbird fight immediately ensues over who gets to have Strig's twisted satanic seed

Strig's conflicted about the whole thing, torn between the woman he met one minute ago vs. the woman he started talking to one day ago.

Here we see Strig's other apparent superpower demonstrated: a supernatural ability to resolve arguments.

:catdrugs: Hey, owls. Join up with us.
:parrot:: YOU MAKE A VALID POINT

Elsewhere, in what is probably the highlight of this entire comic, the rats are doing investigative work and have to tell their master they're dealing with a cat vampire via charades. I'm actually not kidding, look at these little guys 'doin their best. :unsmith:

dr. muroid sir your minions are rats they're helpless against anything that weighs more than ten pounds

A RODENT'S PARADISE

OUTER RATVEAN

There is just no consistency to this comic. Catula. Mummy cat. What looks like a cat babushka tagging along for the ride.

These are actually probably the least-bad looking cats in the entire comic, even if that bar is somewhere in the Earth's mantle.

I would shoot myself in the head if I knew when the bullet came out of my skull it would hit Catgustus here mid-song

String is made fun of his nerdy knowledge of...knowing who Dracula is? Meanwhile, Catula puts on a serious face, dropping the maybe the only line to manage to actually get a chuckle out of me as an intentional joke.

Neferkitti.

The Handmaid's Tale is so influential that people sometimes dress up as characters from the book at protests.

Forget all that, because Dr. Muroid's cooking up a scheme. A secret weapon to surpass even Mouse Gear! GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD.

Look at this poo poo.

LOOK AT IT.
cont'd

Blarghalt has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Mar 12, 2024

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

gently caress yes this rulesssssssssss

e: drat i was gonna just make more Souboutei shitposts but now the meta has shifted to angel cat bird

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

this thread is godlike omg

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Blarghalt posted:

Look at this poo poo.

LOOK AT IT.

she did nail the 1930s comic writing of "poo poo is just happening, keep up" so maybe she genuinely thinks this is how comics are meant to be written

lmao

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Mx. posted:

she did nail the 1930s comic writing of "poo poo is just happening, keep up" so maybe she genuinely thinks this is how comics are meant to be written

lmao

to keep my brain safe this is how im taking it

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

you tell me one reason neferkitti shouldn't just be there, along with babushkat

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

well she didnt immediately proposition angel catbird so...

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Mx. posted:

you tell me one reason neferkitti shouldn't just be there, along with babushkat

hogging room for much more nuanced characters, such as Meow Zedong, or Kitler, or Balleycat, the cat with an eyepatch and shrapnel embedded in his skull that looks suspiciously a lot like Alleycat

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

The Vagabond of Limbo

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
After all the sickening weirdness of that blasted cat bird comic, I hope the thread serves up something a bit less gross!

DAMMIT

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Me and my friends would've killed Angel Catbird with hammers I can tell you that much.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Off the top of my head Vlad Tepes didn't live a thousand years ago, more like 500.
Also the basic story could actually work with a better comic writer at the helm, take American Gods as an example where characters are both ordinary people and surreal archetypes at the same time.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

After all the sickening weirdness of that blasted cat bird comic, I hope the thread serves up something a bit less gross!

DAMMIT

Sounds like you could do with a Sadness Reprieve

Sadness Reprieve is not guaranteed to grant reprieve from sadness, grossness or other maladies caused by the vanity and suffering of life. Please consult a doctor if sadness persists.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Emzedoh posted:

Sadness Reprieve is not guaranteed to grant reprieve from sadness, grossness or other maladies caused by the vanity and suffering of life. Please consult a doctor if sadness persists.

thanks, Dr. Emzedoh, that was legit wonderful.

DaveKap posted:

You made a very good comic!

Thanks! I was trying to get across the idea that the aliens needed the crops to feed their larval young, and wanted to make a fair trade; the farmer asked for the starfarers to fix his tractor and, well, they threw in some upgrades as well.
I'm hoping to do more farm comics, or at least art, because there is something profoundly weird about sharing the road with vehicles half the size of a house, or driving at night past floodlit silos that look more than a little like a space launch complex. The scale of what keeps us all fed is incredible, really

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
I am now officially cheering for the rats to overthrow Muray and defeat the cats :colbert:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

thanks, Dr. Emzedoh, that was legit wonderful.

https://tragedyseries.tumblr.com/

Take two and see me in the morning.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Every single page of the Margaret atwood comic is like an invitation to my internal monologue to yell "what the gently caress is happening oh yes of course that makes sense"

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i am so excited to see catula's god drat castle

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I just want the puns to stop.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Neferkiti makes me look solemnly at the distance a lot

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
"Half bat, half cat!" I yell as I run through the local park in my birthday suit, arms wings outstretched

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

I just want the puns to stop.

I'm still waiting to find out whether its Catba Yaga or Baba Catta or something worse my brain is too firm to find.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It is extremely urgent we make it to the castle before dawn. Now let's stand around telling stories for a few hours.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

StrixNebulosa posted:

I've finally finished Computer Gaming World issue 16, but we're still in 1984. Lots of new computer games out, the competition between the Apple IIe, Commodore 64 and Atari computers is fierce, and one cartoonist is still at it...

Chip & Ferb

I nearly forgot! Time for another edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Let me offer a different end.